• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Interested in trying Kratom, ok to with with Valium and Prozac?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
So I've wanted to try Kratom for a long time now, and have some extra money. I take Valium and Prozac daily. The Valium is a low dose.

Is it ok to mix Kratom with these prescription drugs? I just want to experience a little high, nothing crazy.

What would you guys recommend? Buying it from a head/smoke shop?

How much should I take?

Well mixing CNS depressants is never 'safe'. And Prozac is a g-glycoprotein inhibitor, so who knows how that will affect kratom.. If you're going to take it, I would suggest taking a much lower dose of your valuim and Prozac than you normally do.

Buying online seems to be cheaper than headshops..
People usually brew teas with it, or put it into capsules to swallow.

- hs

I've only seen headship kratom, not tried it, and it was a pale beige color which put me off of trying it. The stuff I got online was great quality and always green.

Well I've taken Kratom TONS of times on first the combo of Prozac and Klonopin and then the combo of Lexapro and Klonopin...same SSRI but different benzo with ZERO negative effects....but I only took 50mgs of Prozac and now 40mgs of Lexapro and NEVER dose more than 2.0mgs of Klonopin in 24 hours.

In my personal opinion (and many others on here) Kratom is not a TRUE CNS depressant.

Sure, it's an opioid but also has stimulant effects and no one has ever died from just straight up CNS depressant effects from Kratom (at least not to our knowledge) without other harder drugs mixed in (PLAIN LEAF is what we are talking about).

I personally see no danger in mixing PRESCRIBED doses of a benzo and an SSRI with Kratom and it has been no issue for me.

^ Sure, there hasn't been any deaths reported from kratom alone, but that doesn't mean it's 'safe' to combine with other drugs, or even 'safe' to take it by it's self.. But it does cause plenty of emergency room visits, physical dependency and wd symptoms..

- Hopeless Soul

^ Sure, there hasn't been any deaths reported from kratom alone, but that doesn't mean it's 'safe' to combine with other drugs, or even 'safe' to take it by it's self.. But it does cause plenty of emergency room visits, physical dependency and wd symptoms..

- Hopeless Soul

First of all, could you post a link to an approximate number of Kratom related emergency room visits in the U.S. in 2016??

I'd be interested to know, and keep in mind how many of those could be any combination of: panic attacks, other drugs causing main effects and being potentiated by Kratom, freak calls in general with people doing all sorts of shit etc.

How many were CARERFUL users dosing nothing but Kratom, and PRESCRIBED dosages of Prozac and Valium??

I do NOT think Kratom use is by ANY means "100% safe" but how many of the hospital visits you are talking about have happened when the ONLY drug in the user's system was PLAIN leaf Kratom???

Not many I'm guessing.

We all know it has some withdrawal symptoms so no need to debate there.

"Safe" is a relative term, but many people SEEM to mean "isn't likely to overdose on and die over night"... "Has not been YET proven to produce permanent damage"

Kratom meets both those definitions.

There has been no proven evidence that kratom produces lethal Respiratory depression effects akin to most powerful CNS depressants including alcohol, Heroin, Oxcodone/Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, etc.

Kratom has NOT been definitvely proven to have respiratory depression effects akin to those, and I do not believe it does.

I don't have scientfic proof, I just have the opinions of many others that it isn't as CNS depressing as other drugs and my own anecdotal reports mixing it with Prozac/Klonopin at one point and then Lexapro/Klonopin at another point.

The OP wanted information as helpful to him as possible.

And while mine IS MOSTLY anecdote, I personally think anecdotes are worth something, though not as much as hard evidence taken from peer reviewed polls and journals etc.

But everything I've experience and read says that the OP SHOULD be just fine combining DOCTOR'S DOSAGE medical prescriptions of Prozac and Valium with Kratom.

That means he's not including alcohol or any other drug.

I just REALLY don't see problems resulting from normal dosage Valium + Prozac + Kratom.

I'd be downright shocked if anyone young and healthy had a life threatening problem with that combo.

Last edited: