• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Insomnia Concoction Cure???

dreamseeker

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to posting, but have read many in past that have helped.
I cannot sleep. Only for maybe 2 hours at a time and lay awake for another 4.
I'm wanting to take 2 of my RX Sonata 10mg( I think it's useless) with Nyquil, 50mg of Benedryl, and 10 mg Melatonin. I'm running low on Klonopin, so have held off for 2 hours now from taking that. Should I take a 10mg Buspar too? Or can anyone recommend something else to knock me out for a solid 5 hours??? Please help. I can't get into my doc for 2 weeks and I'm going mad.

That's a bit overkill and I wouldn't take all those together. If you want to mix something to go along with your sonata, try one of the antihistamines not both. Like Kirkland mentioned, 1 mg melatonin may help and there is no reason to take 10 mg.

Hi, I'm new to posting, but have read many in past that have helped.
I cannot sleep. Only for maybe 2 hours at a time and lay awake for another 4.
I'm wanting to take 2 of my RX Sonata 10mg( I think it's useless) with Nyquil, 50mg of Benedryl, and 10 mg Melatonin. I'm running low on Klonopin, so have held off for 2 hours now from taking that. Should I take a 10mg Buspar too? Or can anyone recommend something else to knock me out for a solid 5 hours??? Please help. I can't get into my doc for 2 weeks and I'm going mad.
Do's: valerian root, skullcap tea, melatonin never more than 10mg depending on your sensitivity. GABA or Phenibut (be very careful not to use more than 1 week in a row.
Don't's: 5-htp or any herb that has serotoningeric properties IF you take the buspar.

you do know that sleeping tablets are not effective for daily use right? in fact, once you become too used to them they have the opposite effect - they could be the reason you arent sleeping so well.
my advice is to taper on to a lower dose and save them only for nights when you really need them.
taking them constantly is probs making your insomnia worse.