View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Insomnia after ketamine

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Is this normal to be stuck awake literally all night say after last dose was maybe 8pm? Or am I bipolar and it making me manic?

I have to work in 2 hours. Fuck. I need to make better decisions. Hopefully I didn't sound too Kd out during the 3pm call. (Only did 50mg then)

Use to get this when I was hooked on k. If my last dose was after about 6pm I literally would not sleep the entire night. Would have been easier to sleep on amphetamines

Hope you're OK for work dude

Use to get this when I was hooked on k. If my last dose was after about 6pm I literally would not sleep the entire night. Would have been easier to sleep on amphetamines

Hope you're OK for work dude
I should have taken a seroquel at 3 I knew it. I seem to be energized enough for work, for now. I have some phenylpiracetam and hydrafinil if I wind up crashing, unfortunately caffeine doesn't do it for me.

Yes. It's horrific. I made the mistake of dosing 125mg about 3am last night and eventually gave up on sleep around 6 AM. Usually need like 3 or 4 diazepam to really knock me out but, I'm trying to pace myself with using yet more drugs to counter the negatives of the first drug... So elected to just lie there and suffer a little. But not too much.

Yes. It's horrific. I made the mistake of dosing 125mg about 3am last night and eventually gave up on sleep around 6 AM. Usually need like 3 or 4 diazepam to really knock me out but, I'm trying to pace myself with using yet more drugs to counter the negatives of the first drug... So elected to just lie there and suffer a little. But not too much.
Yeah the K seemed to get me out of my week and a half long alcohol bender, so thats good. And helped depression as always

As someone who has, unfortunately, never been able to find K, I'm a tad confused- I thought it was sedating?

As someone who has, unfortunately, never been able to find K, I'm a tad confused- I thought it was sedating?
Nah I used to use it to stay up and dance. A khole is anything but sedating, mentally speaking. Or at least used to be.

Its a bit frustrating how I cannot afford to access this legally through a doctor, and the only clinic I know willing to compensate for my tolerance is across the country

It's sedating beyond a point of course and for me that's the primary allure, or was, for a very long time. Now I can appreciate the subtleties a little more I think. I've also been using it to cut down the amount of amphetamine I've been using recently to more sensible levels and in that sense it's worked but that also just makes the post-hole sleeplessness even worse. I always attributed into NMDA rebound though, if I don't hole or go too deep, I usually can sleep after ketamine.

It's sedating beyond a point of course and for me that's the primary allure, or was, for a very long time. Now I can appreciate the subtleties a little more I think. I've also been using it to cut down the amount of amphetamine I've been using recently to more sensible levels and in that sense it's worked but that also just makes the post-hole sleeplessness even worse. I always attributed into NMDA rebound though, if I don't hole or go too deep, I usually can sleep after ketamine.
I physically can't hole. Can do 250mg IM shot after 3 month break, no hole. Barely any psychedelia. Lots of introspection during the afterglow though.

I am killing it on work today and not low energy at all. You sure this is normal? Its like the K unlocked my cognitive potential

On that note, as of my experiment last month, brnzos even a low dose completely eliminated the antidepressant effects mostly that time. Saw a study that also suggested that.

I don't know, I wound up unable to sleep the FOLLOWING night, and at like 10pm nearly 30 hours after the last dose and nearly 48 with no sleep at all, I still couldn't sleep. Was also grinding my jaw. Eventually the sleep deprivation starting giving me disturbing emotions, so I took a 15mg mirtazapine and slept.

I found ket really hard to switch off after a strong trip/using it alot.

Mxe was even worse but i get that similar spaced out feeling from k too where sleep is impossible afterwards.

I imagine pcp and the like to be similar in nature

It seems to be a mixed bag, really depends on the person. Been plenty of mornings where I'm the only person still up after a night of binging on k or other dissociatives. Luckily some of them give a nice afterglow since it seems to take more benzos than usual to do the trick and knock my ass out

Insomnia after MXE was standard. If you went far with plugging it, you had to accept the fact you were gonna do a 48 hour day.

On the second day you'd get manic though.

On that note, as of my experiment last month, brnzos even a low dose completely eliminated the antidepressant effects mostly that time. Saw a study that also suggested that.

I don't like benzos after dissociatives either. I used CBD edibles during my week on K. It's the cleanest method for sleep after dissociatives I reckon.