• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inpatient Detox

cowgirl0510

Bluelighter
so I’m in outpatient program and I have a detox at home three times now and it seems to get worse every single time even if I just used for a few weeks. I am on Subutex 16 mg and the doctor recently upped it to 24 but I have not tried that yet. My problem is that even when I switch over to BUpe, I still have a full withdrawal for days such as not being able to eat or sleep or basically function at all not to mention miserable depression. I have tried taking Seroquel and another sleeping medicine and I’ve also tried taking anxiety medicine which might help a little but I still suffer a lot. I need to detox again ASAP after a few weeks of use. I am considering trying inpatient therapy but I want to know what to expect. I don’t want to be the same as far as me just laying around miserable not being able to hardly even get up but also not being able to sleep at the same time. Will they actually be able to help me comfortably get through this and help me make sure that I don’t relapse again? Can you actually make me feel better or is it just going to be the same miserable experience only in the hospital versus the comfort of my own home?

I saw someone with a problem very similar to this in a thread the other day.
Anyway, if 16 mg of bupe isn't working I believe you can be prescribed up to 32 mg a day.
However, 16 mg is still a decent amount per day. You might want to (very thoroughly) consider methadone if bupe ends up not providing you any relief.