• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Inner Ear Contractions During Intense LSD Trip

I'm not sure 'loud thoughts' register as audio in the brain. Thought seems visible (for me at least). I'm trying to 'sing' loudly in my head but can't do it.

Inner dialog and auditory thoughts to be more precise, cause you're right, most thought don't have an audio track in ones head, but some definitely do. I'm surprised you can't make loud sounds in your head willow. The inner audio of thoughts has a pretty wide dynamic range for me and I suspect for many others. I can give myself goose bumps if I think of fingernails on chalkboard sounds or startle myself a bit with loud popping noises. I can make those popping noises soft as well so there is a perception of a range of volume. Perhaps if I practiced and trained myself to make coffee machine noises in my head I might even get my ears to flutter after a while but not keen of developing that ability.

I can create the sensation of different volumes but it doesn't feel like hearing.

I'm imagining you getting suddenly surprised for what would appear to be no reason to an outsider :D But imagining nails scratching ice sends chills down my spine, I hate pushing things into a frosted over freezer...

I do get a thing where loud noises, particularly at night, create a bright flash across my minds eye with eyes closed. Sometimes the flash seems to precede the sound. Weird.