• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some intramuscular needles and start doing intramuscular injection.

PAINFUL LUMP ON WRIST
But I didn't even do the shot. The needle was in, I tried to register and couldn't and pulled needle out and went elsewhere. So, it can't be a miss it anything like that. But I've been IVing for several years, all different drugs, and this has never happened. Could I have hit a nerve or tendon? The site is red, not swollen, not hot. Just painful and kinda red. And is starting to bruise. Again, I didn't push any of the drug (meth) in. No blood came back when I registered and it was already somewhat uncomfortable so I just started over in my other arm. Opinions???

The lump is definitely under the skin, by the way, and its been mayber two hours since I did it until I posted this.

Thanks.

Could have hit a nerve, a friend of mine once hit a nerve in her hand and it was burning from numbness she said and that lasted her like 2 days or something. Also there could have been a little bit of residue on the tip from when you sucked it up that could have caused a slight reaction. If i had to guess ide say you hit a nerve.

Hello folks, I have a couple questions, if anyone can help me out and maybe give explanation.

I have been an IV drug user for almost a decade now, and pretty much exhausted all my veins on both arms, especially the ones on the inside forearms (mainly due to poor technique, but I found out where I was going wrong, and it is helping immensely, thanks to reading bluelight.), which brings me to question #1:

How do you hit that huge vein that runs up the back of the forearm that sticks out when you bend your arm in ? I just cannot seem to register blood.. like which way are you supposed to hold the syringe? The only way I can get to it, in the proper way way following blood flow, the needle is pointing down toward the floor, if I extend my arm straight out, so the needle is pointing up towards the heart, the vein hides behind my arm , and is inaccessible. How do your get into this vein at a not awkward angle ??

My next question:

Since most my arm veins are trashed, except that one that goes up the back of forearm, as mentioned above, heh, I have been turning to feet and legs sometimes. I hardly ever try my feet, cuz of the shitload of nerve endings and lack of fatty tissue, it's can hurt like a bitch, plus the sterility part is always suspect too. But anyway, I did some reading and found out about the great saphenous vein that runs from the feet, up the back and side if your calf, and up the way inner side of your thigh. I wouldn't dare try the femoral vein cuz the artery right next to it is too dangerous. I have hit my radial artery in my right forearm and it was horrible, thank god I seem to be OK. HAD TO visit ER for that one. But anyway, I found that there isn't any arteries in the vicinity of the great dangerous vein, so I decided to give it a go. I found the easiest part of that vein to access was at the very top inward area of the calf muscle, just below and to the right of where the crook of the knee is on the left leg, if you turn your left foot pointing left, exposing the side of your left calf.

So anyway, I stuck the needle in, registered blood, slowly injected, and was done. After a few minutes, I decided to stand up, and felt a pain like I had strained the muscle in my left groin area. (the area in the thigh behind the dick and nutsack) I knew I did not miss the shot, so I just thought I may have stood up funny, and actually did pull a muscle, and went about my day. After that, I injected a couple more times in the same spot and didn't notice that pain return, so now I was convinced that I just strained the muscle. The following day, I decided to go to that spot again, failing to find anywhere else to go, cuz I try to rotate sites, so I went to that same spot. This time the strained muscle sensation happened again, and this time the pain was harder and more stiff. So evidently, it wasn't a strained muscle. Does anyone know what this could have been? I know it wasn't arterial injection, cuz everything would have went straight to my foot, and it certainly wasn't a miss, register was fine, no pain at all, no bubbling or swelling, just the strained muscle sensation. Weird.

Any explanation and answers would be much welcomed. Thanks.

Oh yeah, the substance injected was about 2mgs of an 8mg sub strip, and sorry for the spelling and wrong words, stupid auto spell on phone. It placed the word dangerous, instead of saphenous in there at one point.

if you're injecting pills of any kind, regardless of how well filtered the solution is, there is likely to be fragments/minute particles of the pill left in the shot. I also find that when I shoot in a vein I've never used before that it always gives a kindof painful ache afterwards as if its not used to it (possibly because the nerves in my commonly used veins are all burn away lol). I also always feel a stinging burn actually progressing up the vein I have shot in as the drug moves through it

You don't have to see the vein. You just have to feel that unique puffy tautness. Some easy spots--top of forearm (especially where the elbow joint is), back of forearm (fold you arm in half and look at the back of forearm. This is a big one). Inside of arm, all the way from thumb on up. Drop your hand down and let blood flow into it. Look on the outside of your hand just above that knotty wrist bone (above as in further up the hand, though when hanging down the vein is actually below the bone. Just clarifying) Feel that big puffy one there you probably never noticed? As for legs--some big ones run along the inner leg. EspeciLly alongside the knee. Top of the thigh. Two huge ones run down the abdomen.

See I'm trying to help. Live demo would of course be better. Have you anyone who can show you?

EDIT: oh almost forgot. Victor--I've used on and off for 22 years and what you describe definitely qualifies as a WTF. Never have had anything like that and I've dealt with scar tissue, abscesses, holes, infections, etc. You should get that looked at. My mom had a piece of plaque break off in an artery and caused a heart attack that she was lucky to survive

MASSIVE ditto. I think I've got deep veins or something but I've ALWAYS injected by feel, never by sight. the veins in my arms that are close enough to the surface to show up green/blue are in general fairly flimsy and unreliable. But all of my best and most useful veins I cant see and track with my (obviously thoroughly washed) fingertips. That vein from the bottom of the thumb you mentioned that runs basically dead straight along the inside edge of the wrist (the inside edge assuming you're holding your arm out straight palm facing down) and up the inside edge of the arm is a nice big fatty. I rarely use it, I don't want to spoil its healthy innocence lol

Im back. Still iv'ing. My legs have healed but im still on abdomen. That seems to be best place. My right side is almost healed. My left side is pretty beat up but still registering but my arms are no go. I got nothing. I think abdomen is tricky cause you gotta pull out syringe to get vein then trying to hold that angle pushing can be tricky. I never thought with my veins id register anything. My buzzes vary which is probably me slipping out or missing. Theres one goid one on my calf too. I know a lump is usually a missed hit so i stay aware. All my shit is super clean with alcohol. Anyway, yall be careful

My wife has been having an issue was wondering if someone might know what is going on.In one of the few places she can get when she registers blood trickles in then clots and it happens quickly when it used to not

I am at that point where I clot if I don't take an nsaid (Advil, Motrin, any ibuprofen) everyday. Every 4 hours. I can't say why this happens. I am female and my husband and myself both iv. He has a lot less problems than myself. I have had it all. I had cellulitis last year in my leg, abscesses, infections, etc. Never shared and always tested. Be careful, I hate this shit more than anything in this world. I wish i could just stop. But I can't so I do what I can to keep it moving. Best of trying.. Luck and light

man, I know a lot of people are probably going to get outraged when I say this but IF you can find an experienced user who know's how to do it properly and understands the gravity of the potential dangers, it really does change your life as an IV drug user to learn to hit your deep femoral vein or your deep brachial. They are both incredibly easy, and really it's very hard to fuck up granted you can tell the difference between arterial blood and venous blood. In fact if you do it right you should hardly ever hit the artery. I went from struggling for hours to find a vein (and would then usually end up blowing it out) to being able to literally hit my first try every time for the past year and a half, and I got ten years of heavy IV drug abuse under my belt. All my friends were walking around with at least 5 abscesses at a time and I've only ever had one.

The ironic thing actually is that, since learning to hit deep veins, I didn't even bother trying my arms any more and now I see so many veins coming back (this is also because I'm 10 or so days clean :)). Still, If I go back to IV drug use, I'll be using my femoral and my brachial. If you know what you're doing I'd bargain to say its actually safer, once you got that register you can't loose it, and as long as you use a clean every time and switch from right to left and vice versa, these veins last.

I should note the down side is if you DONT know what you're doing, or you just don't care, you can kill yourself, I've seen some horrible things happen resulting from a shot missed into an artery or a DVT.

its never easy to start IV"ing when you are the first of your friends. when I started I was the "original" out of the group of sniffers. most of them still sniff or have went a different way but I always stayed w/ the needle since first introduced. its been 8 years or so and I have no track marks; my arms are heavily tattooed so that covers the bumps and bruises but never any tracks.

I always shot the same spots; it was to the point where I didnt even look for the vein I just knew where to stick the pin; once that blood drew back the high was RIGHT THERE and I was already feeling a bit light/dizzy; fucking crazy how addiction works, isnt it? lol. we get high before the drugs hit. I'd be dope sick and feel better the minute the blood was in that pin.

out of 8 years of shooting it only came down to one circumstance where I had to have this girl I JUST MET shoot me in my foot because I was having a hard time finding a vein and we were tripping on MOLLY so I just could not shoot myself and my arms/hands, etc, so she hit my foot which was easy because its somewhere I never shot and veins were easy to find.

other than that, I almost thankful (as crazy as it sounds) to never have a problem finding/hitting veins. I always read/hear about these people who go through hell and have these track marks that I cannot believe but yet here I am a dope fiend who shot 2G's/day w/o a single track mark. yes, there are bumps and slight bruises but w/ tattoos you cant see a thing. then I have my friend who both of the inside of her arms look like she tried to slice her arms w/ a blade. its just crazy.

everyone is different and we all make our own decisions, so TRY YOUR BEST to stick to the RIGHT ONES! man, I wish I did that but here I am at 33 and on Suboxone and doing well but damn, I still make mistakes and I SHOULD have so much more than I do but I am grateful to have life considering all I've done.

my issue is the inconsistancy with my buzzes. Last night i loaded up in these great new syringes i got and everything went well and i got a great rush. One of the best ive had. This morning same thing. I registered and kept the angle and pushed and got barely anything. I was def in vein. I felt a little bit but wtf? What am i doing wrong. Im shooting dilaudid and its the best. I dont have any visable veins so i go off marks on my left abdomen. I stuck about a mm from where i did last night. I just am confused one night i get a mindblowing rush and 12 hrs later everything went the same and nothing. Very frustrating. Any advice from experienced iv'ers would be appreciated. Thanks

Me again. I guess no one has any answers for me. Its driving me crazy. This morning i got a great high and this evening everything went the same and slight buzz. I could see if i were doing blind shots but i register dark veneous blood and shoot as quick as possible. Im guessing its the veins. They look just like my skin on inside. I need a new, fresh vein but have none and i still buzz off my usual area. Im just really confused and when im searching foe vein by moving needle in and out and get flashback i almost feel high cause i know its coming and it doesnt and i get angry. I used to reload but i cant afford to short myself and get sick. I know its not my tolerance cause i still get high off my dose now. Anyway, i know its a tough question and i dont have any complications but def some help would be appreciated. Thanks

So you're saying you get high the first time, but don't feel anything the subsequent times? If that's the case I know that when I bang dope I really only get that mindblowing rush the first shot of the day usually. Every subsequent shot I feel, but the rush isn't as intense, it just seems to add to the high and put me into a nod quicker. I noticed though if you ride the high all the way out and don't shoot up again until you start feeling the WDs returning, that's when you will get your rushes. I just think it is just because your opiate receptors are already occupied and there is no "rush" of opiates filling them up like with that 1st shot of the day. I hope what I said makes sense, but it could be what's going on.

Thanks man. That could be it. Ill pay more attention to that. I havent had any since this morning so im hoping for a nice one tonight. Sometimes its opposite. Bad in the morning and good at night. Idk. Thanks for the advice

So i have a complication finally. Yesterday mornoning i shot in my left side of abdomen where ive been going for awhile. My right side and legs are healed but where veins used to be its just brown marks. My arms got nothing. I even looked at my neck but see nothing and dont have the guts to do that. Anyway i stuck it in and all this blood rushed in and that never happens and i think it was dark venous blood. I shot and got no buzz at all so i was pissed and confused. So the site is hurting and nice hard lump underneath. Today its majorly bruised and hurts like shit. So what does this sound like? I missed before and this is much worse. The lump is huge and the bruise is like 5 different colors. That was my go zone so i just spent last hr lookinng for a vein. Found one but buzz was small as ive mentioned in past posts. So what exactly have i done to myself? I think artery bc i dont remember blood color in syringe but when i pulled out it was bright red and oh yeah, it stung. Anyway, gotta switch sides. I also had a circle that would yeild some good hits but its covered with marks. I got 3ml syringes so they hold more which is great but the gauge is a bitch. Must be 24 gauge and im used to 29. Leaves huge trackmarks. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

abdomen? do you mean your femoral artery? or are you a skinny bastard like me who has (or used to), those two big superficial veins that run up from your groin area up to below your belly button in a v formation? I ask cause usually arteries are deep, if it felt like fire running down your extremities and you got hive like patterns than you hit a 'hot vein' as they say in the bay (artery) for sure. You should get luer lock or slip tip barrels so that you can still use smaller gauge points. what are you using a 3mL muscling syringe 25g or less? thats a no no my man, what drug are you shooting? There should be no reason that you need 3mL unless you're shooting up some really shitty tar heroin that just won't dissolve in less water, and I've seen some shitty tar and always could fit it in a 1cc rig. Anyway not trying to preach, just help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.