• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting Suboxone Films

I've been injecting it a little over a year, with some breaks to plugging every now and again. My veins are okay,cept one but I was really rough with it and was using the same rigs alot because I didn't have gas money to go pick up more. Anyway, Now I rotate, gentle,and I don't use more than 1.5mg(really probly like 1.2-3,but whatever, because no matter how much water I put in their it's always a unit less so I figure I loose some, and I use thick cottons(yes i know i need a micron) and it comes out clear as water. Also the veins I've used are fine, the one I used over and over and over is even still kickin, but I switch cuz obiously thats a good vein(in my hand). But ya, i've learned, just no dull needles no need for more that 1mg really, and I don't shoot unless its clear as water, otherwise I filter again....I seem to hear half and half on the veins being hard....some say never have any problems doing it for years, others say it killed the vein on the first time..but yeah, IMO they gotta be better than pills. Do wish I had micron filter thos

^before I say the wrong thing here, roxys are oxycodone not oxycontin right? You definitely don't want a long acting opi atm.(I'm not in the states).

I know all about having to deal with chronic pain before going on bupe. I know it sounds lame, but for the best before commencing sub strips, try absolutely anything non opiate/opioid you can get your hands on!

It'll be tough, & you'll hurt a lot, but not as much as you would suffer if you're thrown into precipitated wd on top of your spinal pain.

IME I used lyrica for nerve pain, Diaz (or any benzo) for muscle spasms/pain/relaxation, Celebrex or an OTC NSAID for inflammation, paracetamol & clonodine to potentiate the analgesia of the above arsenal.

Won't help like opiates, but the longer you can avoid such the smoother your transition to subs will be.

Sounds though your supply of the above is limited. How do you plan on controlling your back pain in the future?

Rtp

Please feel free to ramble, I do it quite a lot ;)

Similar background too. Started with oxycontin & after yrs of cycling in & out of script for pain became a silent addict.

Seriously, one person had an idea, an ex junkie. I used to talk openly & honestly with him until he made it clear he wasn't on the platonic level I was on. So I do understand how isolating such issues are.

Were legit pain meds never an option? (Coincidentally I was hit as a pedestrian by a car just one month ago).

Could you see a private sub dr to make things a bit easier on yourself?

I did and have been amazed at how helpful she's been.

I commend you for wanting to be done with all drugs, but just wanted to add that there is help. You don't have to do it alone or in pain.

Rtp ❤️

Do you feel any better or worse after the 1mg? The way I understand subs induction, (& this will majorly depend on how long ago you took any methadone), is that you need to be in established acute withdrawl. Generally at least 24hrs after a full agonist.

It's not the way I did it, but I've since learnt that if you don't feel any worse an hour after taking 1mg bupe, then you can add another 1mg if you're a) not firstly thrown into pt wd & b) not yet feeling any benefit of the subs.

If you're experiencing pwd, that tiny amount will have very rapidly (less than an hour),made you possibly the sickest you've ever been.

Hope that made sense, I was awoken by a very early phone call & not fully awake yet.

I saw that in another thread you asked to talk to someone, feel free to PM me.

Rtp

To add ...

I've been on both suboxone n subutex.

U get the same feel IV I know

PLZ make sure u filter.

But omg I feel great after a long break of strictly SUBLINGUALLY taken 1.5 mg q day

Shot about .5 so likely got .3 of it thru loss n more concerned with not missing or crappy filter.

Shot it.

Feel like it's taken me from subox to methadone maybe, idk. N yes I've had both.

Should I use my last 50 subs IV? Find some good needles. I need new ones.

I'm not thrilled to IV never been a needle freak. It's weird I don't mind blood drawn or a shot at Dr, but any how...

It's working.... Am I just raising tolerance , ?

I usually take 1mg morning and .5 early as evening as I can help to sleep. If not it keeps me up.

The IV has felt full agonist ish n I get nod sleep.

Partly due to an awful benzo dependency for how long. Yeaa.. Another story. But . i m handling that decent , PLZ don't mix these guys. I have a problem.
TO BE SHORT

Should I IV taped on the subox?? Or at least somewhat? Or am I just prone to fuck up no matter , I know bupe is hardcore trust me.
N I got serious medical issues that heroin/morphine hardly covers pain wise unless pure morphine like MS-Contin extracted. Which most dint realize is strong

Can I trust a taper IV wise? What if I miss. Could I never sublingual n feel it right again,? I have IV subutex n sub films alot in the past both. Honestly I get reeallly high off that n the ms -Contin .

Should I seek methadone?

I smoke a a ton of pot n again i m benzo dependent heavily too. So hard to find a methadone clinic that will take me cuz that,

Doesn't help in in Flint Michigan. Like I've bitched for years in here
lol

Crap sry to bump this old ass thread ugh.!!!!

I just want a life

^The citrus shit will fuck your veins up seriously badly. I've seen it first hand. Pls don't!

Rtp

So today was the first day in months I was not able to get ahold of my usual drug of choice. Never have been dope sick, never want to be. So I couldn't just do nothing. This has of course happened to me before but I usually end up taking some sort of different opiate instead. I'm actually prescribed 30mg OCs, but I currently don't have any more at the moment plus I don't really like them BC I don't feel absolutely anything off of them and I am.an IV user and those things are extremely hard to make abusable, but of course where there is a will there is a way..so a couple of months ago I was in the same predicament I am.tonight so I decided to take an hour of my time and made that oc abusable and I shot it up. Instantaneously I got the worst guy wrenching feeling, that moved up to my chest causing my heart to feel like it was about to pop out of my chest, then to my lungs and I could hardly breathe gagging and all. My face turned bright red and my whole body heated up ND I was pouring sweat..I literally thought I was going to die, it was by far the scariest moent of my life. But after about 5 minues it all subsided and I was fine. But I swore I would never do that again, ND I havnt. Well today since I couldn't get anything my friend gave mean 8mg sub strip. I wasn't sure if I could shoot it up or not so I did a little research and read literally everyones post on here..the second I read it could be done I was sold though. A little hesitant after reading some of the postsabout getting sick..whicsoundeda hell of alot similar to what I felt that day I shot up the oc. But never the less I tried it. Only about 3mg. Didn't feel anything for a couple of minutes.really disappointed.then as I went to go sit down and light a cig. Boom...the exact same feeling I got from.shooting up.an oc started happening. I.even puked. So now I'm wondering what exactly is in a sub and in the oc that are the same that make me get that horrible feeling? Maybe im doing too much? And I just want to confirm that no it is NOT cotton fever. At all.

AmandaOwnsUxo, I am pretty sure what happened to you was that you threw yourself into precipitated withdrawal from taking the SUBOXONE TOO EARLY AFTER YOU LAST TOOK YOUR OCs.

Now I had responded with a LONG post explaining how SUBOXONE and PRECIPITATED WITHDRAWAL works, but BlueLight went down for maintenance and I lost it. BUT, i suggest you do a search here on BlueLight for PRECIPITATED WITHDRAWAL, there are 100s of threads that explain how and why it happens and how to avoid it, so you can likely prevent having to experience that god awful feeling again. (I have made the mistake of doing it myself quite a few times as well).

I hope this helped you out!

Oh yeah, DONT EVER INJECT SUBOXONE when first making that transaction to it from your drug of choice. The precipitated withdrawal is a lot more intense. Especially when injecting a dose as high as 3mg... I did it once with 2mg, and OMG, I swear it felt like I was looking death in the face!! ? ? ?

Whoa, well I'm in a totally different place than I was when I made that post. At that time I was taking my subs by iv, but was also taking a lot of benzos along with it to get a 'glow'. Well that glow is not worth it, I lost that good vein in my hand(imo due to reusing needles and same spot.. Also lost a vein in my other hand due to same reason) but it's not worth it, at all unless u have micron filters new rigs every time or at least filter more than once... Recently made a thread about missing a sub shot, my hand got stiff, swollen, and the lump I thought was an abcess finally went away after a week. So don't do unless u just have to cuz you dnt have a script for it.

Hi peoples. Today I might be getting a couple sub strips, which I have taken orally in the past (about 3 years ago), with no problems. Since then I have used morphine, heroin, vicodin and oxy but am not currently physically addicted. I have used many opiates by IV with no problems. I can no longer find heroin or anything else because my connect is unreliable, so I haven't actually used any opiates at all in a couple weeks. So, anyway, I might be getting a couple strips today, and was curious if they could be IV'd, so I came here. After reading through every post, even the horrible experiences, I am still wanting to IV at least a small amount of a strip, just to see what it's like. IV is my preferred method. Since I have not used any opiates in weeks, I should be okay as far as the sub not making me go into withdrawal, especially since I'm not physically addicted, right? This is my reasoning anyway. I just don't want to get too high and start puking. So I thought I should start with a very small amount since my tolerance is pretty low at this point. I'm not really sure what mg the strips I'm getting are, but I assume I can just cut a little piece off and try that. I do not have access to micron filters, but I do have access to all the new syringes I would ever need. I am very afraid, however, to filter more than once, because of cotton fever. I've had that a couple times and it's one of the most awful feelings in the world. Any other suggestions, tips, etc would be helpful. Thanks for reading :)

Okay, well, just blasted a quarter strip. No rush but feelin it now, about 5 mins later. Nice warm fuzzies. Was kind of terrified to try it but I can say this....blasting it just makes it hit you faster. No rush. No horrible side effects. It's hitting me pretty good though, just gradually, which is nice. So, that's MY experience, so far. :)

Can I trust a taper IV wise? What if I miss. Could I never sublingual n feel it right again,? I have IV subutex n sub films alot in the past both. Honestly I get reeallly high off that n the ms -Contin .

Should I seek methadone?

I smoke a a ton of pot n again i m benzo dependent heavily too. So hard to find a methadone clinic that will take me cuz that,

Doesn't help in in Flint Michigan. Like I've bitched for years in here
lol

Crap sry to bump this old ass thread ugh.!!!!

I just want a life

In terms of an IV sub taper, it's actually very easy to taper when using IV buprenorphine. When I used to shoot subs I was able to lower my dose dramatically from like, 8gm IV/Day (2mg shots) to something like >1mg IV/day (150-250mcg shots. Basically what I would do is say put 1mg in 50cc's, and then every other day squirt out 5-10cc's. The only problem with IV use is that you have to dose way more often. I would even go as far to say as you have to fix (at least at lower dosages) almost as frequently as you would with heroin.

Also in response to switching back to sublingual administration.

It's actually really easy, the listed BA that we have for SL administration of buprenorphine is about 30% (not using an ethanol solution obviously), so you basically just take that into consideration and do the math, for instance, 1mg SL would be .3mg IV. I've switched back and forth between ROA, and I've never had a problem. In fact I find it shocking how accurate the listed BA are, as I've used pretty much every ROA and calculated my dose based on that ROA's BA as listed in the suboxone megathread and I never had a problem (with the exception being that switching from IV while having a much faster onset has a much shorter duration).

I've only IV'd bupe once, but it was via suboxone strip and I ended up throwing up 3 times throughout the day off of 1 mg. Pretty strong when IV'd, or at least pretty puke-y. While not immediate in the same way that shooting heroin is, shooting it does make it come on pretty fast....in approx. 10 minutes, IME

You know it's funny with IV Buprenorphine because it seems the lower you make your dosages, the faster it hits you. When I got down to .5mg or under it would hit me in maybe 1 minute and there was even a little rush, or rather I'd get that 'dope' taste in my mouth.