• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injecting into artery vs vein and blood differences

• Thread starter curiousgeorge44
  • Start date
C

curiousgeorge44

Is arterial blood always "frothy" and bubbly? Will it always push the plunger back?

I read that veinous blood is supposed to be dark and arterial is red or pink, but I've been using my forearm veins lately and the blood I get upon registering is usually red, not dark red, but also not frothy and bubbly and the plunger does not get pushed back. I go ahead and push the shot in, and then when I register again for the 2nd or 3rd time as i'm pushing the shot in, I notice that I start getting some darker blood.

I'm using cocaine btw.

Is it possible that I'm shooting into an artery and a vein?

Reason I even ask is because I feel like wouldnt the pain be numbed out some because of the coke?

Probably a stupid question, but I was wondering this since I've been running out of veins lately and have hit a few arteries while searching and don't want to do that again.

if you hit an artery you would know my man, i hit an artery once and it felt like my hand got hit by lightning, heart instantly starting racing, hand swolled up to the size of a balloon. you can tell a vein from an artery by putting your finger on the vein/artery and if it pulses its a artery orhter wise its a vein. hitting arties are extremly dangerous, please be careful! (sorry bout the typos on the cell phone)