• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting hydromorphone P2s

thatonedude777

Bluelighter
So, I've never IV'd anything but for the sake or just trying it once or twice (at a very minimal dosage) I was wondering how much mg of hydromorphone would equal 15mg hydrocodone or 10mg oxycodone? I couldn't find a really good answer but I figured if I was to try it, it'd be 1mg. I'm honestly willing to just trying .5mg if necessarily because I don't really want the rush (which I know is what hydromorphone does best I hear since it has no legs) but I'm JUST starting to get over my anxiety and wouldn't want a strong rush and that's why I prefer oral consumption.

TL;DR: What mg of hydromorphone won't give me a huge rush and equal out around 15mg hydrocodone or 10mg oxycodone but without too much of a rush for my first time?

Also, what's the dangers of injecting the dilaudid without using a cotton filter? I'm actually kinda worried about cotton fever. I'd like to use the micron filter but I don't particularly want to wait for them in the mail since I don't know where to buy them around here. The reason I ask if for a 1 maybe 2 time thing, what dangers of it? I don't plan on IVing more than a couple of times at most.

TL;DR: What's the dangers of not using a cotton filter once or twice?

Last edited:
Well. If your tolerance is that low I do not see how you can do this without being crazy risky imo. .5 mg might be too much even. Seen them k2's crushed up and put in the rig powder and all though I do not suggest it lol. Use your head whatever you decide to do.

Well. If your tolerance is that low I do not see how you can do this without being crazy risky imo. .5 mg might be too much even. Seen them k2's crushed up and put in the rig powder and all though I do not suggest it lol. Use your head whatever you decide to do.
I don't nod off on 10mg oxy 15mg hydro I just feel pretty good but tolerance is probably now around 13mg/20mg. Nonetheless though, that's why I'm asking these questions and trying to get information here, not just telling everyone my plan on going off on it lol.

If youre not looking for the rush then why bother, needles are a bad plan and lots of people who say "I don't plan on IVing more than a couple of times at most." end up horribly addicted and losing everything. Hydromorphone is all about that rush everything else about it is mediocre, if your tolerance is that low then snort what you got that won't give you a rush like shooting but you will come up pretty quick and will have better ba then eating, unless you feel like sticking it up your ass, that has an higher ba then snorting, never tried it but I think some people claim there is a sort of "rush" from plugging but not like iv obviously...

Last edited:
honestly?

4mgs all day....won't kill you...that's what they'd start you off with for in an ER setting, even with no tolerance....could start with 2, but it will fuck the rush up...

A "good rush" isn't what kills you...not breathing is what kills you...If you're bothering with needles in the first place, the rush is what you're looking for! Trust me!

Mod Note: Horrible HR Advice

LOL I love the mod note, that me lol. I dunno, I know everyone says it but I couldn't make IV a thing of my life. I just don't want to waste them orally because I might as well sell them but I want to try it. I've never had strong mental addictions and my philosophy is whatever you use, you can't use forever. Plus, I'm not trying to mentally escape anything which would urge me to consume to cope with surroundings.

Nonetheless, I'm stilling looking into the risk of cotton fever vs just injecting without a cotton filter. I'm more worried about that bacteria and short term problems than long term since if I was to actually make IV a thing, I'd just buy and wait for filters. So any information on the risk of cotton fever vs the dangers of no filter would be appreciated.

Also, I'd still start really small dosage because I like to ease my way into these things, not just dive in and regret it. I also can't find the IV half life of hydro or good conversion tables of oral vs IV with bioavailability. I'm assuming 2-4mg is what they give people in pain in hospitals but the comment about "Well. If your tolerance is that low I do not see how you can do this without being crazy risky imo. .5 mg might be too much even"

I'm also assuming redosing via IV is alot more effective than orally, correct? I can only get "high" once a day and if I redose I just feel the effects and not so much the euphoria.

One last shameful bump

TL;DR: What's the risk of getting cotton fever vs not using a filter when IVing
TL;DR: What's the conversion rate of IV hydromorphone to oral oxycodone? I understand it's subjective since different charts say different things but personal experiences would be cool too
TL;DR: When you IV do you actually get euphoria after redosing because I don't get euphoria more than once a day from oral consumption

Thanks guys

Hey I know that if you have your head dead set in doing this, then you will. But I would seriously reconsider. I only wanted to try shooting 'a couple of times' and here I am 3 years down the line seriously struggling to break the habit. Anyway here is some advice if you do choose to go ahead with it; Cotton fever is actually caused by bacteria getting into the rig from not using clean, sterile equipment. Very rarely is it caused by actual cotton as the name may suggest. So you will actually risk cotton fever by NOT filtering your drugs. Please do not skip this step, it's important. I've been IVing for 3 years using cotton filter tips and only had cotton fever a few times after using old stuff. Find out what x hydromorphone = x oxycodone then significantly lower the dose for IV id say by about half to start with. Also when you are shooting stop half way through for about 30 secs to a minute if you feel okay then proceed with the rest. Ideally have someone with you for your first shot so they can help if needed. Finally when IVing you do get a rush every time. The longer you leave in between shots the better, but the euphoria after the rush is mediocre at best imo. Hope this helped. ~Bamboo

If youre not looking for the rush then why bother, needles are a bad plan and lots of people who say "I don't plan on IVing more than a couple of times at most." end up horribly addicted and losing everything. Hydromorphone is all about that rush everything else about it is mediocre,

This, it's how I ended up on methadone...it was a smart move though, prevented me from losing everything.

Doctors not taking my various health problems seriously (which aren't even all pain related) caused this, the guy who wanted 10mg oxycontins/ 5mg OXY IR's or 1mg/2mg dilaudids or even just some fucking Empracets (300mg apap/30mg codeine) being given just teaser amounts of them and then no refills and no way to see the same doctor who wanted to help a little once (I was in a long time without a GP, thankfully that is resolved now) caused said person to end up on Methadone due to the person having to hit the black market for his excruciating pains. Not like I didn't give nsaids a chance, but that was before I told a doctor which NSAID I wanted (meloxicam) because it is the only one that doesnt make me feel like i'm shitting blood or having strokes from high BP others caused, meloxicam should be sold like advil, not the opposite.

Going to the needle and the dilaudid rush also turned me into a (not so young anymore) angrier rambling young man too..

Although OP, if these are the only ones you have with no prospect of getting more realistically, there is no reason not to do it, honestly.

Anybody with any fucking experience in their fucking life with fucking hydromorphone would know that 2mg IV would be a disappointment to 95% of anyone with even a minor tolerance to opiates. Another 4% might find it sufficient, and <1% it might kill! So, instead of telling you what a reasonable starting dose of hydromorphone would be for anyone that's even mildly played around with opiates before, I'll assume that you're in the 1% of people with a weak enough constitution and natural opiate sensitivity that 2mg of hydromorphone would kill you!

In which case.....

Start of as small as possible....I recommend .01 mgs just to be on the safe side!
It's gonna be impossible to eyeball that, so invest in a mg scale!
Weigh the 2 mg pill, crush it into a fine powder and then weigh out 1/20 of whatever that is to start...
It's pills, so make absolute fucking sure you use a micron filter no matter what, there's all sorts of nasty cuts in pills that are dangerous to inject and could cause all sorts of fatal complications!

IV Hydromorphone is very short acting, and the only value most people find in this drug is using it IV....Most people are usually surprised at how little they actually feel small doses of the crushed up pills IVed.....and are left thinking "Wow, I thought this shit was supposed to fucking a fucking knockout...wow, this shit's garbage!"

I prefer heroin and always have, but a lot of people who have never IVed any opiates and get their hands on Dilaudid all of the sudden wanna try needles for some reason....The old dilaudids pretty much dissolved instantly, but a lot of the generic hydromorphs out there suck to shoot, you really actually DO need a micron filter, which with the old dilaudids you really didn't...I've had a vial of 100ml of liquid hydromorphone before, but it was 2mg/ml....I only had 1ml syringes, so that stuff was pretty worthless as well, for what I was trying to do...

You don't need to have a horrible life or even much of an addictive personality to get addicted to IVing opiates....

Cotton fever is very rare. I just thought about this, and in all the years I've used IV drugs, it's probably happened about 1/1500 times I've IVd....We use to think it was all about little pieces of cotton and particulate matter but there's a lot of conflicting theories being presented as the reasons one gets cotton fever. A lot of what I read now says that it's caused by a blight, or a bacteria that infects cotton plants...If you use cotton that's contaminated with this, you get cotton fever....I think there's probably a few different ways to get it.....In any case it's rare, and you'd have to have the worst luck in the world to get it the first time you shoot up....

there's people who swear up and down that cotton fever is caused by re-using cotton, fucking with the cotton too much, using cotton that's shredded, all kinds of different shit, but I've gone through periods of shooting all kinds of left over cottons, using filters from those cheap cigarillos, biting pieces of my clothing and a whole host of other practices that I KNOW I was shooting foreign particles galore! and, I never got cotton fever those times, it always seemed to just happen randomly, pretty much always with brand new sterile cotton right from the package....It's like winning the shit lottery in my opinion!

Any, I hope this post didn't upset Wiggi too much....and you really shouldn't start playing with needles unless you're with someone who knows what they're doing and you don't have a problem doing it regularly!

that guy ranting

Hey, before I was able to put my hands on 4mg brand name dillies, I had 1mg and 2mg dillies from the dentist often, first time I tried was indeed a 1mg blue dilaudid as a test shot. I felt it, but you are right, dat rush starts at 4mg with me, and way better if its with just 1 4mg brand name (they are so tiny and filler-less). This thread is hard on my psyche though as I shouldn't be taking other opiates and I have been told by my old connect that he isnt able to obtain them dillies anymore, his doc changed his Hydrormorph Contins 30mg to Kadians 100mg and for breakthrough he gave him 5mg methadone pills, yes, lolwut indeed, and no more dillies....yeah I gotta convince myself like that...no more dillies..no more dillies...

In the interest of harm reduction do not pick the needle up. The ritual is just as addiction and you will severely limit your job prospects when you give yourself a scar on your inner arms.

The guy is right, I was injecting in my hand vein mostly though, the big scar on my right hand I attribute to dropping acid at work on my hands, works with everybody so far since they know what my job is.

I have a pretty nasty track on the inside of my left elbow...I always get dirty looks for it...I think I'm going to start a thread on getting rid of them. I live in Florida and long sleeves is not always an option.

you shouldn't do it, if 10mgs of oxy is where you're comfortable at you would have to do such a small amount of those it would be too difficult to dose out well, I would highly suggest against doing this

So, I've never IV'd anything ...

Then dont start. a foaf was like you, wanted to IV dillies. friend showed him EXACTLY how to do it, sterile technique, how to tell if a needle is new, how to check for proper register, etc etc etc. A week later, foaf has 3 NASTY misses on his arm, one looks like its infected badly. Even if you had step by step directions that were 100% accurate, I have seen how fkn stupid some people can be ("it's idiotproof!" "well, then someone will build a better idiot!"). And anyone 'skilled' enough with a needle is probably not going to take on the major liability of shooting you up, especially someone who has never shot up before.

" I don't really want the rush"

then there is zero point in IVing dilaudid, because all it is is a rush.

I had/have a pretty serious tolerance to opiates, and the first time I Ived 4mg, I had to take a knee (was standing up when I did it) to keep from passing out. 4mg would do me fine now, but if I had any supply, I could do 64mg shots w/o batting an eye - tolerance rises exponentially with repeated doses.

Cotton fever is a concern, I dunno what causes it, but I do know that if you get it (freezing cold, uncontrollable shaking), drinking a LOT of water and popping a BC or Goody's powder will 'cure' that pretty quickly. W/o a filter, you risk sucking up tiny particles of crap that will deposit in your circulatory system. and if you miss and hit a muscle, artery, tendon or nerve, you'd pray that all cotton fever was the only thing wrong with you.

Putting the pill in the syringe barrel is known as cold shaking, and is a very shit way to IV anything. At best, you'll probably clog your rig, at worst, inject a bunch of non water soluable crap into your veins

ΔΔΔΔ I agree. Once you go needle you will never want any other ROA and there are so many problems that can arise. I got a blood infection that hospitalized me...once that happens your whole outlook will change. Best bet is to kick and just go back to pot and psyches. Your life will drastically improve.

Also a one or two time thing turns into all day everyday super fucking quick. Stay safe homie.

IV'ing "only once or twice to try it out." LOL

Once you go mainline, you never want to go back, so why add a giant monkey on your back? Just chop those dillies up and rail em, or if you must use syringes, just take off the needle/break it off and plug it. You get the increased BA of IV, the quick onset, with none of the IV needle-blood obsession.

So I have a vial of injectable hydromorphone 2mg/ml, I am opiate naïve. I want to try it IV but not sure how much to start with. I want the rush …

So I have a vial of injectable hydromorphone 2mg/ml, I am opiate naïve. I want to try it IV but not sure how much to start with. I want the rush …
completely opioid niave? i'd start w 2mg and see how that settled, personally. ... as I recall that's where they started at the burn clinic and workd up when you were like "noooope. need something more" ... i think they topped out pushing 6mg injections in me. That was what the hospital considered safe from niave -> dependent, granted this was also for patients in severe pain. but yeah, dilaudid doesn't have much legs. just a whoosh.