• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

In San Francisco more people died of Drug OD’s than from COVID

the area under of the curve for Covid deaths is many times under that of drug related deaths since the war on drugs was declared

gotta subscribe to read that article....i was interested to see what the actual numbers were - did anybody catch that?

gotta subscribe to read that article....i was interested to see what the actual numbers were - did anybody catch that?
Drug overdoses rose across the country during the coronavirus pandemic. But in San Francisco, they skyrocketed, claiming 713 lives last year, more than double the 257 people here who died of the virus in 2020.

The percentage of people in these surveys who are homeless has risen from roughly 25 percent when he first began his research to about 80 percent today.

The Tenderloin police precinct seized 5,449 grams of fentanyl in 2020, four times more than the previous year. In this compact neighborhood of 50 square blocks, it was enough, in theory, to kill 2.7 million people

didn't know what numbers you required

Tenderloin police precinct seized 5,449 grams of fentanyl in 2020, four times more than the previous year. In this compact neighborhood of 50 square blocks, it was enough, in theory, to kill 2.7 million people

For the sake of argument that "fentanyl" they seized was merely fentanyl positive dope, not 5,449 of pure fentanyl 🤔

the area under of the curve for Covid deaths is many times under that of drug related deaths since the war on drugs was declared
Exactly. US deaths from overdose and drug related deaths are running above 80k per year so every 5 years drug overdoses many kill more people than even the upper bound exaggerated covid deaths claims in the USA

War on drugs has been rollin for 50 years, a forever war killing people every single year without end.

The same people who are profiting from the covid industry are profiting from continuing the WoD, and unlike covid drug overdoses kill younger people with vastly more QALYs lost.

People are dumb.

Drug overdoses rose across the country during the coronavirus pandemic. But in San Francisco, they skyrocketed, claiming 713 lives last year, more than double the 257 people here who died of the virus in 2020.

The percentage of people in these surveys who are homeless has risen from roughly 25 percent when he first began his research to about 80 percent today.

The Tenderloin police precinct seized 5,449 grams of fentanyl in 2020, four times more than the previous year. In this compact neighborhood of 50 square blocks, it was enough, in theory, to kill 2.7 million people

didn't know what numbers you required

Thanks DF

I didn't wanna say it right away, but relatively speaking, 257 covid deaths, although tragic, is actually a pretty small number....so it's like the author is just shooting for some sorta sensationalism by even using that as a headline

In fact, to me, it's just more confirming verification that covid really isn't that bad of a problem as they try to make you believe

Thanks DF

I didn't wanna say it right away, but relatively speaking, 257 covid deaths, although tragic, is actually a pretty small number....so it's like the author is just shooting for some sorta sensationalism by even using that as a headline

In fact, to me, it's just more confirming verification that covid really isn't that bad of a problem as they try to make you believe
I think the hyperbole exists as a protection filter towards what is going to come.
It has been expected from the start that the virus will mutate, and keep mutating,
making it harder and harder to chase/get rid of.

While the original virus isn't very dangerous to most, it seems the one rampaging through India right now is pretty brutal. These mutations are going to spread too, and might make things much worse.
I'm not saying we're fucked, per se, but the vaccinations seem to be a rather fruitless endeavor now. I guess it's the billion year old riddle nature poses "adapt or die" that could save us.

It's important to view this on a global scale. The US seems to be rather lucky
However, we have no idea how this will evolve - what will be in 10 years?
This is the one big issue that many people seem to underestimate.
It might not be very dangerous right now, yes.

edit: read up on the mutation B.1.617, at the moment resistant to our vaccinations
The thing is, who's faster, the virus, or us? There will be new mutations left and right for the next years,
that's our fucking problem

Last edited:
Tough to say....they're also saying that this is only India's 2nd wave - when we were in our 2nd/3rd wave during the holidays, it was super quiet there

then they're going on about a double mutant and we had one of those that came out of California....

so....idk