• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous (In my subjective opinion) Mushrooms are waaaay better than LSD

Yesterday was complicated, we cleaned up and showed off the apartment to 2 different groups, (we are moving and the landlord is entitled to show it to get new tenants) - these showings are happening every day for the last 6 days, AND my brother in law went for spinal surgery so three drives to the hospital all amounting to a busy day.
After the fracas,
I had a big meal (lamb shepherd's pie) an hour before taking a hunk of APE, and an hour later a huge hunk of APE (total ~1.8 gm) - the effects were insistent yet mild, but quite visual and very mental, but I got too tired to read, or watch a show, so I ended up spending 4 hours awake in bed, with my mind expanded into a giant foam space like a tent with my sore bones and muscles and joints being the tent poles bindings and pegs.
no nausea or digestive disturbance.

I've found that DXM has caused me the most "mystical" and "paranormal" type of trips out of all 3 (shrooms, acid, dxm).
But it only occurred during my mid-late 20's. So maybe age + any sort of psyche/disso is going to feel more "mystic"?

I can't handle DXM now a days. Basically just gives me serotonin syndrome & makes me feel sick & anxious. But back in the day I use to get crazy synchronicities, shared hallucinations, shared paranormal experiences, "psychic" feelings, delusions (in a fun way), etc.. etc.. But I don't get any of that on shrooms or acid.

I prefer acid now over DXM of course. But I haven't had any of the sort of "mystical" types of moments & thinking on it that I use to have on DXM.

Anyone know what I'm even talking about?

have you guys tried making tea?
Of course, they say to go easy on the heat. You can also use a strong liquor to do an ethyl alcohol extraction and either drink the crude extract or let it dry into crust that you can easily capsulize and consume without tasting a thing. Remember: heat will destroy some of the psilocin, specifically (and technically any 4-HO-NMT, too).

i got zero nausea from tea....i don't think i'll consume mushrooms any other way again
Yeah so our digestive system doesn't do so well at metabolizing those shroom fibers and spores. That's in fact why cows will eat shrooms while out grazing and the spores will just pass right through them, unscathed, and planted in fertilizer… which makes me wonder if cows are maybe the smartest creatures on the planet but they're always shrooming so goddamn hard, we'd never know it… they're just out in the middle of a field, chewing on grass and tripping fucking face. Hell, I've been there.

now i really wanna try out these semperviva's - thanks for the heads up @odissey
Same. Everyone I see writing about this Semperviva strain sings their praises… that's a lotta hype, idk. I'm hesitant to take mushrooms most of the time, b/c I've had some mushrooms absolutely remove my skull cap and scramble my brains up like a half dozen eggs in God's blender. Nothing I couldn't handle, but some harrowing, white-knuckled experiences all the same …

Semperviva is Latin for "ever-alive". Muy interesante.

I've found that DXM has caused me the most "mystical" and "paranormal" type of trips out of all 3 (shrooms, acid, dxm).
"All 3"? I consider there to be three classical psychedelic drug models. From least to most complex they are: phenethylamines (Mescaline, 2C-B, DOM), tryptamines (psilocin, 5-MeO-DiPT, DMT), and lysergamides (LSD, LSA, ALD-52, ETH-LAD). I consider dissos to be a different kind of psychedelic, a separate category w/ a different mechanism of action (i.e.: not based on 5HT2a affinity but NMDA receptor affinity instead). Regardless I get what you’re saying.

But it only occurred during my mid-late 20's. So maybe age + any sort of psyche/disso is going to feel more "mystic"?
Maybe, but good luck getting that concept across on the "What's Wrong With Today's MDMA" thread, lol.

I can't handle DXM now a days. Basically just gives me serotonin syndrome & makes me feel sick & anxious. But back in the day I use to get crazy synchronicities, shared hallucinations, shared paranormal experiences, "psychic" feelings, delusions (in a fun way), etc.. etc.. But I don't get any of that on shrooms or acid.
Try PCP maybe.

I prefer acid now over DXM of course. But I haven't had any of the sort of "mystical" types of moments & thinking on it that I use to have on DXM.
Try DMT maybe.

Anyone know what I'm even talking about?
I really can't stand DXM, but I'll say that some of the most profound "mystical" moments I've had on drugs has been under the effects of PCP, 3-MeO-PCP and 3-HO-PCP, for sure. Oh and DMT of course. YMMV. Good luck.

"All 3"? I consider there to be three classical psychedelic drug models. From least to most complex they are: phenethylamines (Mescaline, 2C-B, DOM), tryptamines (psilocin, 5-MeO-DiPT, DMT), and lysergamides (LSD, LSA, ALD-52, ETH-LAD). I consider dissos to be a different kind of psychedelic, a separate category w/ a different mechanism of action (i.e.: not based on 5HT2a affinity but NMDA receptor affinity instead). Regardless I get what you’re saying.

Maybe, but good luck getting that concept across on the "What's Wrong With Today's MDMA" thread, lol.

Try PCP maybe.

Try DMT maybe.

I really can't stand DXM, but I'll say that some of the most profound "mystical" moments I've had on drugs has been under the effects of PCP, 3-MeO-PCP and 3-HO-PCP, for sure. Oh and DMT of course. YMMV. Good luck.
Yeah dissos aren't classic psychedelics, I'm aware. But they do provide a "trip" of sorts & have some commonalities with psychedelics.
I have yet to come across anyone with PCP or DMT.

High dose DXM polisterex + cannabis gave me an OBE of some sorts once. It was terrifying. Thought I was truly dying. I came out of it with a bigger appreciation for being alive afterward though. It has the potential to be powerful life changing shit. But it's also very dirty & the trip is completely dose dependent. DXM was one of those drugs where I felt like I could manifest things into my reality just by using it & focusing on what I wanted.. I use to use "ritual magic" and DXM to change things. Without having to explain the whole story, I'd say it worked in a lot of ways. The DXM space always feels oddly familiar too. I wish I could still handle it cause it use to be one of my favorites.

Yes you are… little sensitivo over here. Watch how butt-hurt you sound… ready?

See? Back to childish name-calling. Such poor emotional control. Get a grip, nephew, before you burst the blood vessels in your eyes & shit. Just calm your ass the fuck down.

No, pay attention – you've been wrong as a motherfucker about so much that I can't keep doing this unless you're gonna start reading. You were personifying acid, not mushrooms. Get it right.

Tu tio Junot. Again: post whatever you want. Just know: if it's as dumb as this conversation is getting, I'm going to shit all over it until I'm bored and then I'm going to move on until more garbage comes vomiting out of you on here and I'll split that shit's wig, too and on & on, ad nauseum, ad infinitum, QED, &c., &c.

Amazing. That is some powerful cringe. I'm almost impressed. Almost. Actually, no, it's disappointing. You sound so much smarter in some of your other posts. I tried to make peace, but you're hellbent in being shitty to me. So…

Hahaha! "Your shit is bitter spitters" ☜ that's hilarious. I'm not even kidding: how old are you? It's interesting to read what you consider to be put downs, and the particular topics you think will insult me based on this ridiculous stereotype you've applied to me.

When I read lines like "woaaah bro" I hear them in Dave Chapelle's "stereotypical white guy voice" in my head, lol.

Keep going, Champ Champ, you got me all figured out… 👌

What era are you in? Do people actually still claim they have Sandoz Laboratories acid? :ROFLMAO:

I fixed that for you. Learn to speak for yourself. Also, it sounds like you've never had real acid at all. That's a shame.

Thanks, nephew! I didn't need your permission but glad to know you're onboard.

I think you accidentally a word. I also think you have some kind of weird chip on your shoulder, or maybe it's a giant purple dick in your ass. You should remove the dick from your ass so shit can stop overflowing out of your mouth when you speak on here. Ok? Thanks, pal. This has been fun. Peace out.

Here, you should have the last word:
For future reference, just ignore him. It's not worth engaging with him.

I have pushed shrooms and acid to really high levels. Largest dose of shrooms i had were 7 g dried of P.subs felt like i broke my brain saw gnomes popping out of the matrix, went through a fractal tunnel, shit was stronger than DMT had the extact same buzzing noise as DMT ringing in my ears.

meet my dead ancestors, realized i had fucked my life and was a failure. it was brutal beat down. yet the strongest trip i ever had was the first time i ever did shrooms which was taking 3 g dried of psubs, had full ego death felt like i died and was floating through a colorful peaceful void for a long time. Had a entire life review, was seeing fractal unvierses unfold in my closed eye visuals. As it peaked a little green woman appeared mid air and was communicating to me while i was tryna not throw up cause the nauesa was fucking me up, i took it as caps and every burp i did i could taste the nasty mushrooms on my tounge lol. Then the entire world dissolved and the mushrooms told me sorry it has to be this way, we come in peace and are to heal you. Then i started fucking crying and relived all my childhood hood trauma and came to terms with some really fucked up things that had happened to me growing up.

Was seeing into hyperspace, purged and threw up i was still under the effects of the ego dissoultion and had no idea wtf vomit was, who i was, or anything, so i was making art with my vomit with my hands lmao. crazy thing was that the vomit stained my hoodie in the artwork and shape of the mushroom species i had eaten.

but yeah nothing compares to the ACID breakthrough. when i ate 1000 ug+ that pushed me to my limits of tripping and i thought i was gonna die on the come up it was so fucking strong, Imagine in 20 minutes your visuals are already stronger than the peak of a 3 tab trip. Knowing that is only the beginneing lol.

On some acid trips I have acessed many parts of reality that defiy logic and rational thinking. I have any run complete simulations of universes inside my own mind on peaks of heavy acid trips.

Eventually shroom trips just made me really angry at all the fake people in the world, and i would become very egoistical on them lol.

Isn't DXM technically a psychedelic AND dissociative drug?
Depending on the ratios of the parent molecule (DXM) and it's metabolite (Dextrophan) you could have a psychedelic trip from the dxm or a disso trip from the dxo.
Or even both in the same time frame. DXM itself does feel subjectively different than say a DXM polisterex trip.

It's also an SNRI. So yeah it's a pretty dirty drug with dirty pharmacology.
But I guess whenever I refer to my past "trips", I always tend to lump DXM in with the psychedelics, since it can produce similar states & can be really introspective.
I've always said that classical psychedelics will show you the "light" in life, but dissos seem to feel more dark & "death-like", though I haven't had much more experience with the classical dissociative drugs, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about yet. lol

Isn't DXM technically a psychedelic AND dissociative drug?
In a loose sense, sure. After all, they call it Robotrippin'. However, it's classified as an antitussive at lower levels, and then as an NMDA receptor antagonist disso at higher levels as well as an SNRI, as you mentioned. I hate that shit, yuck.

Depending on the ratios of the parent molecule (DXM) and it's metabolite (Dextrophan) you could have a psychedelic trip from the dxm or a disso trip from the dxo.
Or even both in the same time frame. DXM itself does feel subjectively different than say a DXM polisterex trip.
True that. DXM is an oddball.

It's also an SNRI. So yeah it's a pretty dirty drug with dirty pharmacology.
Its favorite movie is Dirty Dancing; fave rapper: Dirt McGirt… favorite record label: Dirtybird Records, lol. But yeah it feels awful, even if it's technically clean to the point of being optically pure. It's one of two optical isomers of methorphan after all. Levomethorphan sounds fucking terrible… from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levomethorphan (bold mine):

"Levomethorphan is an opioid analgesic of the morphinan family that has never been marketed. It is the L-stereoisomer of racemethorphan (methorphan). The effects of the two isomers of racemethorphan are quite different, with dextromethorphan (DXM) being an antitussive at low doses and a dissociative hallucinogen at much higher doses. Levomethorphan is about five times stronger than morphine."​

"Levomethorphan is a prodrug to levorphanol, analogously to DXM acting as a prodrug to dextrorphan or codeine behaving as a prodrug to morphine. As such, levomethorphan has similar effects to levorphanol but is less potent as it must be demethylated to the active form by liver enzymes before being able to produce its effects. As a prodrug of levorphanol, levomethorphan functions as a potent agonist of all three of the opioid receptors, μ, κ (κ1 and κ3 but notably not κ2), and δ, as an NMDA receptor antagonist, and as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Via activation of the kappa opioid receptor, levomethorphan can produce dysphoria and psychotomimetic effects such as dissociation and hallucinations."​

"Levomethorphan is listed under the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs 1961 and is regulated like morphine in most countries. In the United States it is a Schedule II Narcotic controlled substance … At the current time, no levomethorphan pharmaceuticals are marketed in the United States."​

Yeah, because: “Fuck that shit, said: fuck that shit. Fuck that shit, fuck fuck that shit.”

But I guess whenever I refer to my past "trips", I always tend to lump DXM in with the psychedelics, since it can produce similar states & can be really introspective.
I've always said that classical psychedelics will show you the "light" in life, but dissos seem to feel more dark & "death-like", though I haven't had much more experience with the classical dissociative drugs, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about yet. lol
I like the way you put that. I've dabbled in a wide variety of dissos over the years, and there have been a few disso "trips" we'll say, particularly on 4-HO-PCP, where… the realization of how insignificant I am to the world, let alone the universe, put the meaning of my life in big time check. And in a way, it motivated me to do two paradoxical things: 1. don't take life too seriously; this is probably all just a game or a simulation or something and no one gets out alive. And 2. get motivated to make it all count from this point on in time. Let go of the past, plan some for the future, take care of myself and those around me, and enjoy as much of today as I can while it's here, because it is fleeting, have no doubt.

Shrooms grew where i grew up. I always get a bad trip from them and although free i haven't tripped in 20+ years. I seem to be able to control my trip better with lsd. I have never had a bad lsd trip

I agree mushrooms are so much better in every way I am shocked when I hear people say they prefer LSD. One of the reasons I think most people dont like mushrooms is a simple case of improper storage, lots of people claim things like "Stomach pain, vomiting nausea and diarrhea" and having a fucked up stomach the next day or two and none of that is from the mushroom its from someone storing them when they arent completely dried and probably carrying some nasty bacteria that has grown on it. If you dry and store with dessicant your mushrooms won't cause any of that shit except some mild nausea maybe during the first few minutes of the come up. When I eat shrooms they make my stomach feel clean and good and my whole body feels light once Ive come up and I feel full of energy and like Im weightless and superhuman. There is a body euphoria with good shrooms that can sometimes feel as good as MDMA or even better IMO because you don't have any shitty comedown and feel depleted for days/weeks afterwards, I feel better and refreshed not hungover. Listening to Psytrance on a strong dose of mushrooms is a life changing experience IMO and it feels so euphoric to me that it makes feel good hard drugs like opiates and crack feel like pussy shit when you hit the right dose and can channel it, its not as repeatable and predictable like those other drugs but when you get a trip like that it beats the fuck out of them.

The trip is the perfect amount of time too and you don't have to sit there feeling cracked out for 6-8 hours while the shitty part wears off like LSD. I never feel like LSD is something that is good for me, my spine and neck always hurt and my back just feels like shit and I never get that from mushrooms. I like how you don't have to rely on dealers to get them either and you know for a fact that you have something that isn't an RC being passed off as LSD. I could never take something sold to me as acid and have a good time, I would be horrified if I took some 24hr+ RC hallucinogen and having to ride that out. My LSD days were during the turn of the century 1999-2000 era when sheets of dancing condoms and pink elephants were rampant in my highschool and while I loved it back then it was even hard on my body/mind as a 15 year old I wouldnt want to go through that comedown nowadays. Mushrooms are a bit trickier to get the dosage right for people so I think alot of experiences can turn out lackluster or scare the shit out of someone from too much but when you hit that just right dose I can't think of much that rivals how you feel in the moment during the peak. Ive been itching to eat some good ones Ive had saved but the right time hasnt come along yet but I can't wait until it does.
Me too!
I have had mine for a month or so, waiting for that moment..

Shrooms for me gives a body, mental, and emotional trip, Like when I ate 7 grams, they gave me a very intense body high, and they made me delusional, about a half hour into the trip I looked out of the window and there was a car in front of my house and the person sitting in the car looked like a middle aged white man and for a second it looked like he was looking at me with binoculars and I became convinced he was an undercover cop coming to get me. I thought he knew that I was tripping and that he knew I had more shrooms left and it was like he telepathically told me to bring him the rest of the shrooms. So I turned off the TV and went in my room and I had this feeling of impending doom going through my body, I decided to go outside and surrender to him but without the shrooms lol, as I went outside I saw that it was only two teenagers sitting in the car and they looked Spanish. Everything outside looked so bright, enhanced, vibrant and beautiful. The sun and colors was so bright that I could feel it in my body. I went back inside the house and all of a sudden I thought those two kids in the car were gang members coming to kill me and I was hiding away from the windows thinking they were going to open fire at the house. The guy who sold me the mushrooms had my address and I maybe he sent people to check on me. My dad died a year prior to this experience and all of a sudden I felt his spirit inside of my body, I felt his presence and my thoughts became his and I broke out crying my eyes out. My mother called the house phone and I got emotional with her and after I hung up I heard sirens and I thought the police had the phones tapped and that they were sending an ambulance to get me because I was having a bad trip, so I called my mother back and apologized and because I did that I thought the delusion fueled police sent the ambulance away. I called my aunt crying about my dad and I believed the police were listening to me cry and that they left me alone. The body high was still very intense. The reason I believe I had persecutory delusions was because I had a run in with the police a day prior to this while I was on a crack binge. I think because it was in my mind the shrooms were making it become very real and made me take a look at the shit that I was doing to my life. I felt so connected to the universe during this experience and it was certainly ego reducing. It was a humbling experience

I like the trip on LSD better. That being said I’ve never had a bad trip on shrooms but have on acid. I blame that on eating way too much of it when I was younger and having some shitty events (car accident) happen while on LSD.

I called my aunt crying about my dad and I believed the police were listening to me cry and that they left me alone. The body high was still very intense. The reason I believe I had persecutory delusions was because I had a run in with the police a day prior to this while I was on a crack binge. I think because it was in my mind the shrooms were making it become very real and made me take a look at the shit that I was doing to my life. I felt so connected to the universe during this experience and it was certainly ego reducing. It was a humbling experience
Mushrooms are unpredictable and I think a lot of ppl make the mistake of considering shrooms to be this chill, background high that's all natural and from the earth, like weed. When in fact, mushrooms can be profoundly mind-altering, and being from the earth has no bearing on things like this. I'll easily take a hit or two of acid just to mix things up, but I will not get into mushrooms anywhere near as readily.

I like the trip on LSD better. That being said I’ve never had a bad trip on shrooms but have on acid. I blame that on eating way too much of it when I was younger and having some shitty events (car accident) happen while on LSD.
Definitely a set & setting thing. Back in 2019, I was coming back from a rave in Atlanta while visiting a friend down there. We were in the the backseat of an Uber, 6:15 am, still candyflipping pretty hard from the rave, when we got hit from behind by a drunk driver on the highway while we were going 65 mph (105 kph). Our car fishtailed and plowed into the sidewall, which flipped the car a few times before it landed right side up (thankfully). Broke my nose and my friend had a giant laceration on their forehead and a sprained ankle. We all survived, and there was a settlement and criminal charges for the drunk driver. But that was an overall traumatic experience exaggerated by the fact that I was mostly tripping during the ordeal. And how strange it was being whisked to the hospital on a stretcher and whatnot with a head full of GG's amazing Aztec blotter acid.

But I didn't blame the acid, and two weeks later I tripped again. It was a lot of fun

Shrooms for me gives a body, mental, and emotional trip, Like when I ate 7 grams, they gave me a very intense body high, and they made me delusional, about a half hour into the trip I looked out of the window and there was a car in front of my house and the person sitting in the car looked like a middle aged white man and for a second it looked like he was looking at me with binoculars and I became convinced he was an undercover cop coming to get me. I thought he knew that I was tripping and that he knew I had more shrooms left and it was like he telepathically told me to bring him the rest of the shrooms. So I turned off the TV and went in my room and I had this feeling of impending doom going through my body, I decided to go outside and surr enhanced, vibrant and beautiful. The sun and colors was so bright that I could feel it in my body. I went back inside the house and all of a sudden I thought those two kids in the car were gang members coming to kill me and I was hiding away from the windows thinking they were going to open fire at the house. The guy who sold me the mushrooms had my address and I maybe he sent people to check on me. My dad died a year prior to this experience and all of a sudden I felt his spirit inside of my body, I felt his presence and my thoughts became his and I broke out crying my eyes out. My mother called the house phone and I got emotional with her and after I hung up I heard sirens and I thought the police had the phones tapped and that they were sending an ambulance to get me because I was having a bad trip, so I called my mother back and apologized and because I did that I thought the delusion fueled police sent the ambulance away. I called my aunt crying about my dad and I believed the police were listening to me cry and that they left me alone. The body high was still very intense. The reason I believe I had persecutory delusions was because I had a run in with the police a day prior to this while I was on a crack binge. I think because it was in my mind the shrooms were making it become very real and made me take a look at the shit that I was doing to my life. I felt so connected to the universe during this experience and it was certainly ego reducing. It was a humbling experi

Mushrooms are unpredictable and I think a lot of ppl make the mistake of considering shrooms to be this chill, background high that's all natural and from the earth, like weed. When in fact, mushrooms can be profoundly mind-altering, and being from the earth has no bearing on things like this. I'll easily take a hit or two of acid just to mix things up, but I will not get into mushrooms anywhere near as readily.

Definitely a set & setting thing. Back in 2019, I was coming back from a rave in Atlanta while visiting a friend down there. We were in the the backseat of an Uber, 6:15 am, still candyflipping pretty hard from the rave, when we got hit from behind by a drunk driver on the highway while we were going 65 mph (105 kph). Our car fishtailed and plowed into the sidewall, which flipped the car a few times before it landed right side up (thankfully). Broke my nose and my friend had a giant laceration on their forehead and a sprained ankle. We all survived, and there was a settlement and criminal charges for the drunk driver. But that was an overall traumatic experience exaggerated by the fact that I was mostly tripping during the ordeal. And how strange it was being whisked to the hospital on a stretcher and whatnot with a head full of GG's amazing Aztec blotter acid.

But I didn't blame the acid, and two weeks later I tripped again. It was a lot of fun
Yeah I went into that 7 gram shroom trip completely unprepared. I had done a full 8th a couple weeks prior and it was fine. But I decided to eat 7 grams because I wanted to experience it but the things that were happening in my life were pretty negative like addiction issues, my father's death, and everything else, it was a learning experience for sure.

Yeah, it’s also just a numbers game in my case. I’ve taken LSD way more times than I’ve taken shrooms so it was bound to happen. Especially with how careless I was about taking acid.

Short version of what happened; I was 16 and it was the morning after eating a 10 strip(I had unlimited access to blotter at that time) and two of my friends decided to drive to get more cigarettes. The driver on the way back to his house, where we all were, got over confident about making it back without incident and literally crashed his car into a tree in his neighbors yard. On a head full of acid we hear the crash and run out to find dude and the passenger all bloodied up in the yard next door. That turned into a shit show involving the cops, the neighbors, EMS and dudes parents. Needless to say, that was not a good experience.

It did not stop me from tripping again though. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it’s also just a numbers game in my case. I’ve taken LSD way more times than I’ve taken shrooms so it was bound to happen. Especially with how careless I was about taking acid.

Short version of what happened; I was 16 and it was the morning after eating a 10 strip(I had unlimited access to blotter at that time) and two of my friends decided to drive to get more cigarettes. The driver on the way back to his house, where we all were, got over confident about making it back without incident and literally crashed his car into a tree in his neighbors yard. On a head full of acid we hear the crash and run out to find dude and the passenger all bloodied up in the yard next door. That turned into a shit show involving the cops, the neighbors, EMS and dudes parents. Needless to say, that was not a good experience.

It did not stop me from tripping again though. 🤷‍♂️
Oh wow, yeah, that suuuuuucks. Well, at least it didn't really happen to you but rather just your friend, which still sucks, and puts off bad vibes, no doubt, but it does illustrate one point I like to make to people whenever they're hemming and hawing over the prospect of tripping. I tell them – if nothing else, you'll probably get an interesting story from the trip, even if it gets a little challenging here and there. And I'm a pretty strong believer in doing certain things in life for the story. Glad to know you tripped again after that.

Yeah I went into that 7 gram shroom trip completely unprepared. I had done a full 8th a couple weeks prior and it was fine. But I decided to eat 7 grams because I wanted to experience it but the things that were happening in my life were pretty negative like addiction issues, my father's death, and everything else, it was a learning experience for sure.
I typically avoid psychedelics whenever I'm grieving something or struggling with something. At the same time, sometimes I dose anyway, and it's usually challenging; however, I've also found it to be cathartic at times. But that's usually when I'll trip alone so as not to drag others down my potentially disturbing trip for a spell. No need to make my troubles someone else's emotional problem.

Also, Terence McKenna was a big advocate of taking "heroic doses" of mushrooms, generally > 5g dried mushrooms for most people.