Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

In control?

Drain14

Bluelighter
just out of interest, would you say that you are currently in control of your drug use? if so, how have the measures of being 'in control' changed from when you originally began using? was there ever a period that you look back on now and are able to see you were clearly out of control?

im in control of chemical use, but ive lost all control over weed, its too good to not smoke daily :D

I am in control of my drug use, and I think it varies for everyone. I currently have a psychedelic no more than once a month, and due to other factors that may increase in time. This has not always been the case though, when I began using MDMA it started off conservatively, then escalated to a frequency of twice a month for about a year and didn't realise at the time I was habitually abusing it.

I felt guilty about my use, as some people may identify with, and I put it as a priority over more important things such as uni. I stopped using MDMA about 18 months ago and pledged to be committed to university and finish my degree. I will finish my course and feel I could continue along with this use pattern for years without adverse effects.

I don't wish for this to sound like I blame MDMA in any way, because it was my own lack of prioritising which cause problems, rather than the drugs. My first MDMA experience was very profound and opened a door into many interesting and exciting areas of life and knowledge, and for that I am grateful. There is a honeymoon period with drug use, especially MDMA, and you journey through the initial obsessive phase to appreciate the experience more without the the need to push your limits with excessive chemical and polydrug use.

Last edited:
Ive always been cautious about my drug use, when it starts to effect my daily life i stop for a while. (my brain is fragile :) )

Weed is probably the hardest to give up, but I find once ive stopped its easy to stop for weeks at a time. As they say, being straight is a high in itself ;)

I'm now in complete control, which has been to stop. 2 months ago I would have said that I was nearing a real addiction stage, though now I've been dry for 2 months and never felt any better. You can make the changes you want in your life if you truly want to change.

Drugs are your best friends and your worst enemy :) - Control and Moderation are the key factors I think.

shals :D

MDMA I am in control of. I usually do E once every month or Two, sometimes 3 months!

My Amphetamine usage is slowely spiralling out of control. I guess i am not trying hard enough to keep it under control.

I don't feel like I have anything to "control" anymore! Once every month or two I'll get an urge to take something (usually MDMA), satisfy it, and move on. I don't touch psychadelics anymore due to my HPPD, and as a consequence the main avenue of my drug use is over.

There are a few instances in the past I can think of where my use was out of control... Thankfully it never had severe repercussions, but the comedown/recovery was always nasty enough for me to learn from it.

:)

I've been using pills and meth every weekend for over a year now. Not going out and get trashed, but usually half a point of meth, and maybe a pill or two.

But then I decided I've had enough and now I've quit for a while.

So yeah I've used drugs every weekend for a while, but I don't consider it out of control, becuase I can give it up at the drop of a hat.

I like to think I'm in control, but my weed smoking isn't really controlled at the moment. Everything else is easily kept under control. Weed is my Achilles heel.

I found that the problem with weed was that I started off smoking a couple of times a month, then I had my first experiences with pills and meth and other things and suddenly weed seemed like this innocent drug that I can use as much as I want without any negative effects and pills become the drug I need to monitor my usage of.

I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks because of cash flow issues but I do find that if I have weed I end up smoking around four nights a week until it's gone. My weedsmoking is under control in that I don't smoke when it will impinge on more important things (such as uni), and if I don't smoke nothing too bad happens (I can sleep fine, eat fine, whatever).

For me, pills are easy to control because I know how bad they are for you and my entire ego is centered around my intelligence...I refuse to let drugs make me stupid. But weed is such a comparatively benign drug (and so much fun!) that it's difficult to stay away.

So I guess in summary my drug use is under control but there have been times when I was concerned about how often I found myself kissing the bong.

Very in control....I am real disciplined and wont allow myself to just to splurge too often. I honestly dont want to go out willy nilly and consume anything on average small nites. I am only interested in going out for big events or Raves and these mostly happen once every couple of months or even a bit longer that I would be really be keen for.

Had my honeymoon period for about a year where I would go out every 2nd weekend if not every weekend like I guess everyone else.

To be honest I balanced it out with something that interested me more. I do a lot of exercise now and have honestly turned into an exercise junky.
I enjoy the reward of having so much more money come sunday nite than when I do hit the chemicals and feel healthier for it.

Finally all this exercise and time off between heading out means I have MUCH MUCH bigger nites...everything seems to hit me harder and I have a better time...

Definitely in control now :) probably have 4-6 wks breaks. And on special occasions ie when there are hols/party season close together I still try and give it a 2 wk break instead of every wknd like previously..

If I am getting something one night I don't feel that I have to take it - its a take it or leave it situation. I realise the amazing feeling that you can get from drugs, I know it is there if I ever feel the need to experience it so I don't have to take it all the time like before..

In a way I am glad I lost control a little..it showed me how to gain it back and to realise how easy it is to lose that power..

Drugs are awesome tools that can open up your mind to totally different worlds and bring close friends even closer but they are also something you need to respect and have control over, they can be dangerous, and consequently control you and your life.

I'm definetely out of control, injecting meth 10 - 20 times a week (at least once a day, sometimes up to 5) for 3 - 4 weeks at a time before eventually crashing for a week. I'm also injecting heroin 3 - 4 times a week, I don't really use too much, as I don't want to go through the whole ordeal of physical withdrawal again.

I only smoke about a gram of weed a week, it's the only thing that's in control, because I really hate lung damage.

Yeah you've gotta watch those lungs... 8)

Bordering on out of control I guess. Mainly because I am not having too much of anything too frequently, but I am having everything too frequently. By that I mean that each day I will either have a couple of beers (yes it has to be counted as a drug) or some 1,4b or some weed... I find that at the moment I am lucky to have one or two days a week completely sober.

I care for the health of my body, but my lungs are my first priority. After smoking marijuana heavily for 2 years, I started getting a shortness in my breath, and that is just not on :( I can handle lots of things, but difficulty in breathing is just too much for me.

I find I have no problem with weed or ecstasy use and don't think I ever could have as far as overuse goes. I found when I first started drinking I was drinking whenever I could, but that stopped very quickly and now I tend to find I almost have to force myself to drink. Smoking meth I found to be great and had a couple of weeks of non-stop use. Quiting Meth i found to be really hard psychologically, but now I don't enjoy it much and just tend to get anxious. Oxy's are my my new love and I can definitly see myself enjoying them a bit too much and as I proceed with them I think I'll learn more lessons about self control. There is one drug however in which I admit my control is close to nil, Tobacco. It is the most addictive I believe out of all drugs for a variety of reasons, principally as you can still live a lifestyle that is normal, as far as society deems and don't have to face up to health issues for decades.