• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment In CA withdrawing like hell from black tar, suboxone appt. 8am tomorrow

DoneWithBlack

Greenlighter
I've been smoking and shooting some damn good black every day since summer 2016 (the last 18 months). Last time I used was this morning. It wasn't much. I smoked a small trail, it might have been a point at the very most. It was barely enough to get well. I was at about a gram a day for the first 14-16 months after I first started using. For the last month or two I've only been smoking maybe .3 to .5 a day. I have an appointment at a suboxone clinic at 8am tomorrow morning. It's 7pm as I wright this and I feel like I'm dying, yawning nonstop, kicking my legs, hurting in places I didn't know existed etc etc. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get to tomorrow morning without going out and getting more. Where I am living it's way way too easy to get more if I want it. Smoking some good weed and drinking this (surprisingly good) fireball whiskey is helping a little bit but its not enough. Any tricks you guys have to get through the next ~12 hours?

Do your absolute best not to use again in the next 12 hrs whatever you do, or else you risk going into precipitated withdrawal upon initiating buprenorphine. If you do end up using let your doctor know and ideally postpone initiating pharmacotherapy until you’ve had a minimum of 12-24hrs without using.

If you have any benzos those work way better than alcohol at dealing with symptoms of withdrawal. Since you’ve been drinking be very careful about taking benzos though.

I can offer nothing but support and hope that you get the help that you need so you can have your best life. This is an extraordinary community of honest and helpful people.

Let us know how you do OP. I'm sorry I couldn't really give you any more advice, but without appropriate meds there is only so much you could do but ride it out until you are able to dose buprenorphine.

In the future, if you weren't able to transition to buprenorphine effectively this time, you can use stuff like tramadol or (better yet) gabapentin (or pregabalin or baclofen) to more comfortable transition to buprenorphine.

That said, sometimes I feel like someone who can't wait 12-24hrs to get on buprenorphine probably doesn't stand the best chances of finding success on that medication (and something like methadone would be more appropriate, for a variety of reasons), but who am I to say...

Hope things went well for you - or at the least you avoided precipitated withdrawal. No fun.