• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Immune to Meth and Cocaine??

happyvalentinerose

Greenlighter
It seems preposterous to me, because even the lifetime junkies still get a rush off meth... so how is it possible that I feel nothing off uppers? Literally no high off of meth or cocaine. Zero. Zip. Nada. Even if it's shit, after doing enough of it, shouldn't I have felt something?

First time trying cocaine I was barred out... I felt zero change but I attributed it to the amount of drugs already in my body (30mg xanax, some seroquil, marijuana, and two hits of acid). I snorted 12-15 "normal" sized lines of it... the people around me were snorting 1-2 of the same stuff and getting high as balls. The second time, I had 2 drinks in my system only. I snorted 2 lines. This was from a different dealer, FYI. Still no effect. Decided coke isn't my drug so I haven't done it since.

First time doing meth... smoked about 1/3g out of the pipe with 2 other junkies. I had sniffed H earlier that night (my first time trying H as well, and it had the desired effect... I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THESE TOGETHER FOR YOUR FIRST TIME). No high or rush from the ice. I just simply didn't fall asleep. Second time I bought 1g and nothing else in my system. Smoked 1/8, zero effect. Smoked another 1/8, some slight anxiety but no high whatsoever. Snorted 1/8, felt the strong kick and burn in my nose, but still nothing. Went to class. My head felt a little disconnected from my body (felt like I was in a fog) but it wasn't pleasurable. Came back 2 hours later and just smoked the rest of it. Increased HR and anxiety. 2-10 hours later my anxiety was horrible, bordering on panic attacks the whole time. Finally had 2 beers and fell asleep about 12 hours after smoking.

A little background info in case it's relevant... I take 2x 30mg instant release adderall per day for legit ADHD. I feel a mild effect, just calm and a little less impulsive with the adderall (even when I was brand new to it, I could barely feel anything. I also take 90mg cymbalta (antidepressant) each morning. I have depression, anxiety, panic disorder, ADHD, and (just to throw this out there), trichillomania. My guess is my lack of effect has something to do with me having a low dopamine level. Low dopamine would explain all the disorders I already have. And the dopamine release from stimulants would only bring me to "baseline" or normal like the adderall does instead of giving me a high.

Would love to know what you think as to why I'm seemingly immune to stimulants??

P.S. Ran all the purity tests I possibly could find on the crystal... Everything checked out.

My guess would be your probably not appreciating the high as what it is. Good cocaine is subtle, yes it should be euphoric for sure and make you feel good/confident. I could believe you just got poor coke both times round to be honest, just because someone else gets high on it doesn't mean they're not high on placebo ;) also the combo of drugs you were on both xanax and seroquel would act against you getting high on coke I believe. Also the list of medical conditions and medications your on. I'm sure I've read europeans who are on seroquel say they don't get anything from amphet sulphate. Not sure how this would work or would it be the same with meth?

The adderall isn't going to help when it comes to taking other amphetamines, I would hazard a guess that because you have adderall in your system that your high will be somewhat dampened but not by as much as it seems in your case. I was a meth head for years, always IV except for my first ever hit which was taken nasally. Well on the odd occasion someone would thrust a pipe full of glass in my gob and a jetlighter in my hand I would try smoking the stuff and I couldn't get high at all let alone a decent ringer, it could be argued that having shot up big doses of gak and glass in my time meant that there's no way me twirling a glass pipe is going to touch the sides....That maybe the case with me but this doesn't jibe with folks I've known, clients back in those days who've loved shooting AND smoking - they derived great pleasure out of both routes of administration. It baffled me because ime smoking was useless when it came to getting high. To each their own I suppose.