Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Image v Intelligence?

laugh

Ex-Bluelighter
Would you prefer to be the sexiest beast alive with the stupidest brain or have the most useless tormented body but a brilliant mind?

e.g.
1) look like James Dean or Kate Moss (subjective - insert your image here) and be retarded, unable to gain higher work than cleaning toilets at a truck stop.
2) be a quadriplegic / physically 'ugly' and have the intellect of Stephen Hawkin or Albert Einstein? (as above subjective - insert your brain here)
3) make own cake for personal consumption...:)

Last edited:
Out of 1 and 2 I'm pretty sure I'd rather be ridiculously good looking and stupid. Think about it, you'd never be unhappy.
Also whilst your mental capacity might only be suited to toilet cleaning I don't see too many model toilet cleaners.

I should say I have nothing against cleaners or woffell waitresses, perhaps I could have used a different example? I dunno...one of my first jobs actually involved a lot of cleaning, toilets included. Anyways probs wouldn't of had to if I was a Fabio or a Gandhi

guess I was just lucky n turned out lookin like fabio whilst being supreme ruler of the universe..

You beast you...bet you won't post a pic for all the ladies!

That's actually a hard one!

I think your life would probably be better in the first case, being gorgeous but an idiot, especially for a female. And at least if it wasn't, you'd be too dumb to realise it. I think life can be hard for super intelligent people - it's harder for them to find happiness or contentment in the mundane activities that can satisfy people of low intelligence. Plus I think it gets harder to relate to other people the more uncommonly smart you are, possibly meaning an increased rate of loneliness, which is one of the big ones when it comes to unhappiness.

Soo if I had to choose, I'd go for being a dumbfuck stunner :)

I can only tell you from experience how difficult it is being both beautiful and intelligent :(

I can only tell you from experience how difficult it is being both beautiful and intelligent :(

you said you'd never share my pain...?

but.. in seriousness, i'd go the sexy retard.. (if i had a dollar for every time i said that..)

why?

good looking people can trade on their looks and make money, no matter how dumb they are... eg. lara bingle

if you're dumb, you generally don't know how dumb you are, so you are happy with yourself and generally don't know what's better..

Ego, is not a dirty word...

I'd rather be 'ugly', educated and intelligent, remembered forever for my input to the improvement and evolution of all things Earth-based, rather than being 'beautiful', hopelessly unintelligent, useless and easily forgotten.
eg Paris Hilton, Kardashians.

Inventions and creations are forever useful to mankind, but ego and glamour are disposable.

Last edited:
good looking people can trade on their looks and make money, no matter how dumb they are... eg. lara bingle

Only for a certain amount of time though (generally), and in the case of Lara Bingle only if you're willing to make a spectacle of yourself and end up with a legion of followers that don't really like you, but wouldn't miss a chance to see you naked.

Smart people can trade on their intelligence and make money, and the intelligence doesn't fade or go out of fashion as quickly as looks can. Plus if you choose ugly intelligence you'd know enough not to squander all your money, and if you're seriously ugly, you'd have no-one but yourself to spend the money on anyway. Win-(Lose)-Win!

It's not all about the money though, it's about how happy your life can be, and while I'll acknowledge that some people might be just as happy licking lead paint and staring at the carpet, I personally get a lot of enjoyment from learning and understanding things around me.

Assuming beauty and brains actually had any kind of negative correlation, I'd choose brains every time, although I'd hate to be too far on either end of the beautiful-retard/repulsive-genius spectrum.

I love these 'would you rather' games! This is a tough one, I really couldn't choose... Smart and ugly, fuck it. When your smart and successful you can score people waaay out of your league anyway so I would go for that.

How about this; would you rather look like you do know but be incredibly smart or keep your current intellect but be incredibly good looking? I'm ok with the way I look so id go for genius and use my powers for both good and to score incredibly good looking woman.

For the first question, I would choose the 'pretty but dumb' option, but only if I was still capable of living independently and making my own decisions (ie: dumb, not mentally impaired)

For this one:
would you rather look like you do know but be incredibly smart or keep your current intellect but be incredibly good looking?
I would rather keep my current intellect and be really really really ridiculously good looking. I am happier with my intellect than I am with my looks, and I honestly would not want to be any smarter than I am because it's depressing enough already being aware of how shit the world is and knowing that most people just don't have any awareness of anything that didn't come from a reality tv show...why would I want to make day to day life even more frustrating? :p