• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I'm soaking my pipe in rubbing alcohol

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
I read something somewhere about doing this.
And i did it.
It's very low purity at 75%
but my pipe is a clear glass hand me down that came black. and i continued to smoke from it so it's extra black.
anyways i've had it sitting for awhile and all this black stuff has sunk to the bottom.
i'm gonna let it soak a little while longer just to get it but is there anything i can do with the black stuff?
i've read that with that low purity of isopropyl alcohol that i'm pretty much fucked as far as getting any useful product from it.
sooooo.

what to do?

Eh, that's all nasty stuff, tar and what not your pipe helped keep from your lungs. There IS THC in there, but honestly, it ain't worth it in my opinion, I'd rather just pay for a clean smoke.

snazzy_sn said:
i've read that with that low purity of isopropyl alcohol that i'm pretty much fucked as far as getting any useful product from it.
I don't see why you would be.

Evaporate the isopropyl/water and smoke the black shit. If there's more black shit in your pipe, you may try boiling or just scraping it.

It has thc in it and the thc is soluable in isopropyl alc, the tar however probably isnt. If you want to have a little hash oil just mix up the black stuff with the iso then decanter/filter it to get rid of the tar. After that just evaporate the iso and you should have a small amount of resin left over you can scrape together. Never done it but its just a theory!

its not worth the mess you'll have to clean up afterwards

There wouldn't be any mess... unless you call throwing way a coffee filter and cleaning a dish or two a "mess"

okay so you've soaked your pipe and then you forced the product through a coffee filter (that part right there would ruin it for me) and you have a little juice left and you evaporate the alchohol and if you have anything at all, what is it? what's it going to do for you? You've got squat. its not worth it.

Use some salt inside your pipe to get the rest of the residue out. Pour it in and shake it around with the rubbing alcohol. Rinsing it with warm water helps too.

Don't save/smoke the residue in your pipe it's nasty stuff and bad for you. Just smoke herb or hash instead.

papasomni said:
okay so you've soaked your pipe and then you forced the product through a coffee filter (that part right there would ruin it for me) and you have a little juice left and you evaporate the alchohol and if you have anything at all, what is it? what's it going to do for you? You've got squat. its not worth it.

Lets say you soaked it in 500ml of alc. That alc would actually have more volume after coming through the filter considering it would have stuff it pulled off the pipe in it minus the tar. He didnt ask what a great thing to do was, simply what he could do. Once the alc evaporates, you have some thc oil in the bottom of the pan or w/e you used. Just use a razor blade or a knife to scrape all that together and you could have enough hash oil for a bowl or two.

You can make hash oil the way they're describing, but my .02 is that it's not worth it. I've done it in the past, and quality/taste are so low that it doesn't really compensate for the mess it makes.

You also can just dry out the black shit and smoke that, but, unless you're out of weed and fiending hard, it's likewise not worth it IMO.

I used 99%. Evaporated the crap in a long glas baking dish, scraped it up with a razor blade. the glass dish cleaned easily and simply with dish-soap. the resin got me hella stoned. it creeps up on ya.

my pipe was a metal one like 3 inches long. knocked out 3 people. it's like buying a large bowl for the price of rubbing alcohol (which is really cheap).

But I smoke resin happily anyway.

filter through something disposable, coffee filter/paper towel that isnt going to just disolve...

evaporate.... smoke with your preferred method. i tend to vaporize it to get more out of it. or hell get some tobacco, scrape up the stuff left on whatever your evaporating it on and roll it into a cigarette...

Thansk for the suggestions guys.
I am pretty desperate right now, i don't go to work for two more days so i can't get any herb. i'm gonna try filtering and evaping it. maybe i'll get something. any ideas on how long this takes?

I got engaged last night.
I want to get high now :/
lolllz

with 99% alcohol, just putting a fan over the glass dish will have it evaporate within 2 hours. but since you have 25% water, try 2-3 hours, then you may try ovening it at the lowest possible temperature. should only take an hour to dehydrate down then.

be cautious of alcohol fumes! highly flammable and also poisonous! if you can point the fan out a window or somewhere else, it will be very helpful.

the stuff will be so insanely sticky that you really do need aknife or razor blade. ID cards won't be able to touch it. it also requires more heat than normal herb to start smoking.

keep in mind its a creeper. give it like 10 minutes to gauge how high you are. it may be tough to notice how high you are, since the overall 'personality' of the high will be slightly different.

i enjoy it almost more than herb. causes me less anxiety.

foundationx4 said:
you would have to be one broke mother fucker to do this, dont do it SOO HURTIN.

Being broke has nothing to do with it. I boil and scrape all my pieces every so often even when I have plenty of bud. I've gotten 10+ grams of resin from my pieces multiple times and it gets you lifted just as much as smoking regular bud.

snazzy_sn said:
I got engaged last night.
I want to get high now :/
lolllz
I'd probably want to be high after that too but, congratulations bro.

Make sure you rinse your pipe really well before you use it again.