View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Im Not Dead.

But if you have a fungi that is going to produce said 4-ho-dpt,
how would it reconvert?
If you cloned a mushroom that contained the bi product.

Wouldnt that mushroom then be a 'new species'

I don't think so, I think you'd have to always add more of the base tryptamine to the substrate every grow to get it to produce 4-HO-DPT. The clone would produce 4-HO-DMT in the absence of a different tryptamine. I think to actually produce a new species, you'd have to do some genetic modifications of some sort.

Mushrooms produce enzymes that catalyze chemical reactions. One enzyme converts naturally occurring tryptophan into tryptamine, then another enzyme converts the tryptamine into 4-HO-T, then another one adds methyl groups to that turning it into 4-HO-DMT. Synthetic tryptamines like DPT are able to fit into the enzyme in the mushroom that normally adds the 4-HO group to tryptamine, and it gets converted 4-HO-DPT. So the mushrooms aren't actually changed, they still will produce the same enzymes, the enzymes are just able to perform a different task than normal in the presence of a foreign tryptamine.

fuck, well mycelium running eh.
ive decided what im going to do, im going to take my most active petri dish, and divide it into quarters
and dissolve 250mg of dpt into a solution of honey and peptone. Petri Inoculate, Wait until the liquid jar is fully colonized.

then im going to put 250mg into 4lb grain spawn bags.
Just 4 of them.

Then im going to clone that mycelium before i put into the bulk substrate.
2 bulk sub batches with dpt in the substrate
2 without.
If there is detectable quantities of 4-ho-dpt in each which i will send for a lab analysis

then clone all the fungi and
respawn without any dpt, and see what i get this time.

i've decided, there will be a pictorial.

Like I posted earlier, it would be amazing to see an analysis of the mushrooms for tryptamine content afterwards. I mean I take a lot of 4 subbed tryptamines and I'm not sure I'd be able to say 100% that the effects I was feeling were indeed coming from another 4 substituted tryptamine and not from psilocybin and psilocin. I know there's research that says it works. So in theory u should yield 4 HO DPT. It would be amazing do see how much actually ends up in the fruiting bodies if at all possible to have them tested

I'm also extremely curious whether 4-PO-DPT would be produced. Also, some mushrooms strains produce 4-HO-NMT in addition so I wonder if some amount of another base tryptamine would be altered in some way there too? And then I'd be really curious about the differences in subjective effects between pure 4-HO-DPT and the DPT mushrooms. I also wonder if some 4-HO/PO-DMT would still be produced (like once it goes through all the DPT)? And if you could ad enough DPT that it would only use DPT. Questions!

Kudos on that setup! Some sexy yeilds there ???

Also hats off for the research side. I find it so interesting. I wish I paid more attention to chemistry in school.

Kudos on that setup! Some sexy yeilds there ???

Also hats off for the research side. I find it so interesting. I wish I paid more attention to chemistry in school.

monthly ish

but still nadda nuff

Attachments

• 48421839_340254586811466_166534341835358208_n.jpg
    48421839_340254586811466_166534341835358208_n.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 9
It can produce the 4-PO tryptamines but it's unpredictable. In the paper Gartz published about the DET mushrooms, they produced mainly 4-HO-DET with only trace amounts of 4-PO-DET on the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th flush, but the second flush had more 4-PO-DET than 4-HO-DET. I think he only got 4-HO-DPT when he used DPT. The mushrooms yielded 420mg of 4-HO-DPT from half a gram of DPT, which to me seems really impressive. The 4-HO-DiPT shrooms I ate felt just like pure 4-HO-DiPT, but then again I don't have much experience with either so I can't say anything with certainty. I don't know if they contained 4-PO-DiPT or not. I had the mushrooms GC/MS tested but no alkaloids were detected. Apparently mushrooms are hard to test.

Adding a tryptamine to the substrate will prevent the production of 4-HO-DMT. Biochemical pathways are often self-regulated by a mechanism where enzymes are inhibited by their products. So it's likely that the enzyme that decarboxylates tryptophan to produce tryptamine has an allosteric site where tryptamine acts as an inhibitor. As the concetration of tryptamine increases, the enzymes will stop producing tryptamine, limiting the production of psilocin and psilocybin. Gartz didn't detect any psilocin or psilocybin in his mushrooms, so that means that the synthetic tryptamines are able to inhibit the action of the tryptamine producing enzyme.

It's worth mentioning that I believe some of the DiPT mushrooms I had produced psilocin/psilocybin. The mushrooms were all grown the same way, yet the mushrooms from one cake had the characteristic blue color which indicates psilocybin in mushrooms, while the others were not blue at all. The non-blue ones felt exactly like 4-HO-DiPT to me, but the blue ones seemed more like regular mushrooms, with some typical mushroom visuals. That, combined with the unpredictable production of 4-PO-DET in Gartz experiment, makes it appear that the process is extremely finicky, and a lot of experimentation might be needed to achieve consistent results. But I think it could be possible to find a method that will consistently produce mushrooms high in 4-PO tryptamines.

okay, so by inhibiting the tryptamine producing enzyme, and given that you can train your mycelium to consume and take in all kinds of things into its genetic make up bacteria, molds, oil, cigarette butts, plastics ect.
wouldnt it be safe to say that your mycelium just needs to learn the enzyme at that point or incorporate it.

So, by putting it into the liquid culture, which is its inital food source.
wouldnt that be altering it right at the root, and then you could clone said mycelia?

Im the kind of person who really really really likes to think things out. Almost pretty much to the point of complete and total mental annihiliation. I have too much attention disorder.

I'm really not sure but I'd say it would be a good thing to attempt. But in order to know whether it worked or not you'll need to analyze the resulting mushrooms for what they contain. I'm excited to see what your experiments yield, like I said you could potentially add to the body of scientific data on this stuff in a significant way. :)