• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm melting!

Fair enough on throwing it away too, I applaud Sllip's decision. There are a few things that help people not to fuck up with drugs, and one of them is common sense.

My common sense tells me that if I normally have speed which is white crystals, and the stuff on the table in front of me is rapidly dissolving into goo that has little resemblance to what I normally take, then something is wrong. If something is wrong, then I treat that as an unacceptable risk which should be eliminated. On one hand you risk losing money by flushing drugs you paid for without eating them... on the other hand you risk unknown chemical effects resulting from eating unknown substances.

Would you eat a pill if it dissolved on the table in front of your eyes, just because you spent your hard earnt money on it? I hope not. Sure, you COULD test it and confirm whether it had MDMA in it or not, but in that instance something out-of-the-ordinary would be happening compared to a 'normal' pill, so it presents an unknown risk.

BigTrancer :)

The other reason I flushed it was that I was also sharing this stuff with my friends and if for whatever reason it was going to make us all sick I would have felt responsible, and that's something I wouldn't want on my head.

I figured that meth is hygroscopic and would absorb moisture, but that leaves a couple more interesting things. I left some underneath a big fuck off sized silica gel pack (Think about the size of a SLR camera) and it didn't dry out again, plus we even tried to dry it out by placing it in a warm environment. We even tried to put it in the freezer. All of these things didn't help to any avail. Also points that we had in vegetable caps were also turning to goo, and these are airtight.
Oh and people smoking it (I don't smoke amphetamines) said there was a little light brown goo in the bottom. So there must have been some kind of sugar in it, or maybe some kind of oil.

Either way we won't be buying off him anymore.

I applaud your efforts there sllip.
Sufficiently concerned about your friends and own wellbeing to not be overly worried about the cash expenditure.

If only every drug user thought like you :)

- moe

I find that this happens a lot in Summer, but this has been a fairly warm winter. If I see it happening I usually just chuk a few rice grain in the satty and it stops it. Though this did sound like it happened pretty quick so Im not sure if this would be the culprit. Either way it has already been thrown out. You were the only one to see it and the only one who can make a judgement call on the reliability of the dealer, if you were willing to throw it out...chances are you did the right thing.

(or else you could have gone down to your local park and put it in a small childs drink and seen how they re-acted. Whatever the result Im sure hillarity would have ensued ;))

Damn, this thread is full of pansies... I feel like I'm on a board full of old grandma's or anything...

It's not like he saved the world or something... he flushed perfectly good drugs, instead of taking any action to see if was methamphetamine.

Harm-reduction is good, but this thread is just ludacris...
My common sense tells me that if I normally have speed which is white crystals, and the stuff on the table in front of me is rapidly dissolving into goo that has little resemblance to what I normally take, then something is wrong. If something is wrong, then I treat that as an unacceptable risk which should be eliminated. On one hand you risk losing money by flushing drugs you paid for without eating them... on the other hand you risk unknown chemical effects resulting from eating unknown substances.
Common (drug user) sense would tell me that meth attracts moisture and it happens all the time to the literally every kind of meth I have gotten.
Would you eat a pill if it dissolved on the table in front of your eyes, just because you spent your hard earnt money on it? I hope not. Sure, you COULD test it and confirm whether it had MDMA in it or not, but in that instance something out-of-the-ordinary would be happening compared to a 'normal' pill, so it presents an unknown risk.
Uhhh... pills don't dissolve, that analogy is childish and very ineffective.

The thing is, that he wasn't sure if it WAS safe, and, unlike some people 8) getting high isn't the be all and end all of their everyday life.
Even if he did taste it and it tasted like meth, he wasn't sure if it didn't have some adultarent in it. He had never experianced such a thing which, quite rightly, set off alarm bells.

So more power to him.

Here in Australia it's not that uncommon for it to melt...chemically it might be because it is not converted fully into HCI form, and still contains freebase molecules. But I am not a chemist, so I could be wrong...
I don't really here people around my parts calling it 'ice' but more just 'pure' or 'base' and this shit is always decent. I would have personally just eaten it or gotten out the glucose and spent the next 20 minutes cutting it up evenly.

Hey Sllip,
just to let you and others know,you are not on your own. I am in Perth and have seen this happen very recently,normally where i am the crystal appears slighty "dirty" however this batch was totally clear and melted fairly quickly even though it was stored in a small airtight baggie,tested ok with marquis kit and no ill effects noticed.

Uhhh... pills don't dissolve, that analogy is childish and very ineffective.
Wanna bet?

Look, just because he threw away something (maybe meth) he didn't trust doesn't mean you have to act like he's destroyed the holy grail or something. In a harm reduction sense he did the 'better safe than sorry' thing, which is much less risky than the 'suck it and see' thing. Period.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
There are a few things that help people not to fuck up with drugs, and one of them is common sense.

Well put. For those who may be lacking the above mentioned survival tool, sodium hydroxide also comes in flacks, pellets or chunks. It is white, sometimes slightly discoloured and also hygroscopic ( deliquescent actually). But the effects from putting a piece on the tongue or IV'ing will be very different to that from a piece of meth HCl. In the latter case death being the probable result.

Good on ya Sllip. Harm Reduction was practiced and a bit of phys chem learned along the way. Well worth it IMO

And for the record, the 48 hours before hand definately proved that it did contain meth. The thing that concerned me was the possiblity of an unknown adultarant, and it's possible effects. True I would have already consumed some of this meth and any damage would have been done by this stage, but why put myself and others through more damage?

How come I never saw any meth turn to liquid. . .

I was living in Perth and left lines/piles of crushed rock (I crushed it, so I know it wasn't cut) on the table/in the pipe for ages on numerous occasions and never saw this happen. I don't pretend to tell any of you that it can't happen, you obvisouly know what you're talking about.

But is it possible I never saw this occur just because the atmospheic conditions weren't perfectly right? I'm 100% positive it was Methampetamine (Not Ice - 4-methylaminorex) and it wasn't cut. . .

Anyone shed any light on this?

Possibly related to climate. From what friends tell me Perth generally has lower humidity levels than the East Coast.

^ also your crystal may have been partially hydrated already. Not enough to dissolve perhaps, but the altered hydrate crystal arrangement could have changed the hygroscopic character. There are various techniques for growing crystals. Some are completely anhydrous (no water) some are not.

The other question I forgot to ask. If I took this goo and put it in a dessicator will it dry out into a solid or a paste? If it's a paste can it be recrystalized?

I can come forward as a witness to this crazy meth phenomena. The reason why it was strange is because this has never happened before. It wasnt like we've never seen meth before and have dodgy sources selling sugar. It was commented on a few times as to how strange it was that the meth that was being consumed was getting sticky, when the night before they had picked it up as crystals and crushed it up into a nice fine powder. All of a sudden over the night the nice white powder turned into gluggy yellow-ish crystals.

I understand that meth has the ability to absorb moisture from the air... but why would this batch appear to pick it up so quickly, while the others we've always seen havent? I was extremely curious about this as well after observing it on the weekend.

I would really like to see some constructive comments on this topic. As yet I have only read one theory, in a page and a half of "oh man.. you wasted good meth..". That wasnt the question, he's not concerned so why should you be? I'd love to see some actual on-topic replies.

stace.

^^
hear hear

it seems that some meth we got from another source has also started to become gluggy. and its still good meth?

could it be that something was messed up in the process of making it? or just the climate?
it is winter, but this never happened last winter?

Another person here who has witnessed this recently.

I found it rather strange to say the least, as it's never happened to me before either. The stuff that I've seen go to almost glug was about a week old (that person had it for a week), and couldn't even get it out of the cap without using a set of keys. There was a bit in there that was still sort of rock like, but when I put it in my mouth I found that it was rather chewy!

This could be due to the recent weather changes in Melbourne, although I do stress that this certainly didn't happen last winter, or any other winter that I've ever had meth. Also the batch could have been made up differently, but again I'm not sure about that either.

I don't really know what to think about this, rather strange indeed..