EMD I'm a headbanger!!!! Kick your dubstep and all related suggestions around in here.....

At this moment i like Ace Aura and Blanke sooo much! And Yeah i know Midnight Tyrannosaurus, Digitist or Shanghai Doom arent The classic dubstep but are really great artists too.

At this moment i like Ace Aura and Blanke sooo much! And Yeah i know Midnight Tyrannosaurus, Digitist or Shanghai Doom arent The classic dubstep but are really great artists too.

Man is Midnight T still doing it? I remember seeing him what feels like a decade ago. If I recall his sample game was on point.

I’ll be honest I’m not huge fan of folks like Excision which to me is screechy riddim more so than true dubstep. The only tracks I liked were the 2010 era Datsik/Excision collabs, those still hit good even now.

-GC

You Americans and dubstep.... ;) blasphemy here in Europe

Now that’s real Dubstep.

Saw Coki this summer (and many times before) on Void Acoustics. He was the only set I couldn’t get even close to the system. I was maybe like 40ft back and felt my insides rearranging.

My brother was right up front when his set started and with each hit of the bass I watched him heave as if about to vomit. I’m literally screaming and waving my arms “get out of there!” But the screams fell deaf over the earth shattering bass.

Eventually he found himself enough to stumble out of the line of fire and we had a good laugh. Coki don’t play.

-GC

Now that’s real Dubstep.

Saw Coki this summer (and many times before) on Void Acoustics. He was the only set I couldn’t get even close to the system. I was maybe like 40ft back and felt my insides rearranging.

My brother was right up front when his set started and with each hit of the bass I watched him heave as if about to vomit. I’m literally screaming and waving my arms “get out of there!” But the screams fell deaf over the earth shattering bass.

Eventually he found himself enough to stumble out of the line of fire and we had a good laugh. Coki don’t play.

-GC
Hahah, yeah... Nice

I saw him earlier this year as well, with Mala. You'll rately catch me listening to dubstep but live is a very different story

Hahah, yeah... Nice

I saw him earlier this year as well, with Mala. You'll rately catch me listening to dubstep but live is a very different story

I’m pretty much the same. I do have a decent at home system with 2 12” subs but there’s nothing like it live. I actually wasn’t much a fan at all until I went to a few festivals and experienced the blissful trance dub/dubstep can produce.

I will say that much of the scene over here is obviously influenced by the EU legends that occasionally grace us with their presence. I’ve found the difference between EU and US bass music artists comes down to simplicity. There’s a minimal quality to a lot of EU artists that US artists can’t match, there’s a trend that once genres popular there come here they tend to become more erratic/chaotic and just too much.

These days though we’ve got some really good artists that have brought about the US style in a way that I see EU artists picking up on.

Also we are JUST NOW getting a decent grime scene going. I thought it’d never happen.

-GC

These days though we’ve got some really good artists that have brought about the US style in a way that I see EU artists picking up on.

Also we are JUST NOW getting a decent grime scene going. I thought it’d never happen.
Nice. The general dance music/festival scene seems very different from the US though, I rarely know anyone on most US line ups I see while I know most from many festivals in Europe. Don't entirely know why that is, but we're for sure much more techno oriented. I didn't know anyone but Coki & Benga from Infrasound this year for example =D
While I'm going to Dekmantel next week and I know more than half of the names there. It does just get slightly stale after many years of going out in BE/NL so that after a while you've pretty much seen any DJ that tours or gets invited regularly.

Then I see @Xorkoth getting invited to all these seemingly smaller (jam? whatever) festivals, and we do lack that where I live. Everything's just been getting more and more commercial apart from some really cool small ones focused on electronic music. But anything else and you're just listening to pop and pop-rock... Then again, Flanders is also just kind of a smallish minded place with historically a pretty bad taste in everything related to audiovisual arts. Luckily it's close to Wallonia, NL, Germany...

Nice. The general dance music/festival scene seems very different from the US though, I rarely know anyone on most US line ups I see while I know most from many festivals in Europe. Don't entirely know why that is, but we're for sure much more techno oriented. I didn't know anyone but Coki & Benga from Infrasound this year for example =D
While I'm going to Dekmantel next week and I know more than half of the names there. It does just get slightly stale after many years of going out in BE/NL so that after a while you've pretty much seen any DJ that tours or gets invited regularly.

Then I see @Xorkoth getting invited to all these seemingly smaller (jam? whatever) festivals, and we do lack that where I live. Everything's just been getting more and more commercial apart from some really cool small ones focused on electronic music. But anything else and you're just listening to pop and pop-rock... Then again, Flanders is also just kind of a smallish minded place with historically a pretty bad taste in everything related to audiovisual arts. Luckily it's close to Wallonia, NL, Germany...

Interesting..

Yea I’m seeing a bit of a resurgence with techno as well as other older genres like 90’s house and breakbeats in my area but that’s mainly the small underground scene you’ll find that.

I’d say the primary genres of choice are Riddim and whatever House you call today’s shit lol. (Tech house maybe? Idk.. Not my scene.). I hate Riddim with a passion, it’s so played out and seems the genre people with no talent go for.

But ya the local scene where I’m at is strong. Not like that everywhere but there’s some real great places.

I like small festivals because I’ve got dancing space and I’m not forced into one area based on the crowd. I like to walk around until I find that spot where the sound converges to perfection.

Also police are usually less of a problem but it all depends. Small festivals are like borderline raves, cops could come busting in if things aren’t all up to snuff. I’ve seen some where the cops would show up at certain times each day and walk through in a group of 6 or so looking intimidating. Trying to spook people. Soon as they leave the tanks get rolled back out, joints rolled up, and rolls promptly eaten ;)

-GC

Last edited:
Interesting..

Yea I’m seeing a bit of a resurgence with techno as well as other older genres like 90’s house and breakbeats in my area but that’s mainly the small underground scene you’ll find that.

I’d say the primary genres of choice are Riddim and whatever House you call today’s shit lol. (Tech house maybe? Idk.. Not my scene.). I hate Riddim with a passion, it’s so played out and seems the genre people with no talent go for.

But ya the local scene where I’m at is strong. Not like that everywhere but there’s some real great places.

I like small festivals because I’ve got dancing space and I’m not forced into one area based on the crowd. I like to walk around until I find that spot where the sound converges to perfection.

Also police are usually less of a problem but it all depends. Small festivals are like borderline raves, cops could come busting in if things aren’t all up to snuff. I’ve seen some where the cops would show up at certain times each day and walk through in a group of 6 or so looking intimidating. Trying to spook people. Soon as they leave the tanks get rolled back out, joints rolled up, and rolls promptly eaten ;)

-GC
I don't know riddim, had to look it up. Tech house was huge here starting from like 2014 until 2018 or something, then most of those DJs started playing generic techno. Luckily it was just a phase =D played out, yes, boring, for sure... :D But like I said, very different scenes, like all these DJs here, they tour around Europe and like very very few go to NA. The other way around probably works as well. I wonder what they're doing over in Asia...

Police at festivals is just a pain, sometimes they'll go all out with dogs and random searches, pay 250 and you're on your way unless it's dealers amounts. They'll catch a couple unlucky people, for the numbers. It's ridiculous, a drop in the water.

Years ago, you could even test your drugs, buy tests or get information or whatever at multiple festivals I went to, now there's nothing.... They should also just want people to bring their own drugs from home, it's safer, you know what and how much it is, but now it's just about forcing people to buy whatever there. Terribly annoying.

I'm From Finland 😅
then shame on you. You guys have the best metal on the planet and you listen to this?!
Ok Sweden has the best, but you're right after that!

also headbanging should not be the prevalent dance style for turtle techno. it should be imitating a turtle

then shame on you. You guys have the best metal on the planet and you listen to this?!
Ok Sweden has the best, but you're right after that!

also headbanging should not be the prevalent dance style for turtle techno. it should be imitating a turtle
Oh yes we have 🤘🏻 I listen metal too..