If you could give one peice of advice for people like us...

That's so true Enki, most people are too involved in themselves and their own life to actually be focusing on us anywhere near as much as we can think they are.

"Be informed, then choose"

Okay, not mine but when I read it I really thought: Sascha, spot on!

When you ask for advise be prepared to let the others give it-take what you need and let the rest behind. Don't judge the advice given or the adviser-they give it out without making any assumptions, but only based on what you asked. "Take it or leave it" is based upon that! If you don't want advice don't ask for it!

Don't fry bacon nekkid.

^ Now that is sooo true, lol. =D

You must be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else. Never expect someone else to make you happy. As long as you are happy with yourself, then it brings happiness into your life. <3<3<3

just say know!

cliche? maybe, but it just might save your life.

and on the same coin;

the more you learn, the more you realize you dont know.

No matter how bad things get; this moment, this period of your life will one day be the past and eventually the distant past. The things you don't think you can forget, the things you don't think your heart can forgive will hurt less with time, in the way that flames burn with less ferocity the more distance you between yourself and them.

Good luck x

I've got a good one, this one's helped me a lot:

THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOU.

I agree with all... except for the sunscreen its a scam that causes skin cancer...yes I was high when I came up with that , no I cant prove it, but yes its still true lol

earth is but an egg shell, never constructed for eternity, fear not the other side
never jump to conclusions
materials will not make you happy
don't use drugs to cover up problems, be honest with yourself

You must be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else. Never expect someone else to make you happy. As long as you are happy with yourself, then it brings happiness into your life. <3<3<3

This advice is gold :D My mom has told me that ever since I was a little girl. It's so true.

Trust no one including yourself until you have been off of drugs for a good while.

My advice would be that the present is always transient...

Before you look to end it all, hurt yourself or take/do too much...try and remember a happier time, an event where you were truly happy. If you can, then that feeling and state of being is certainly still possible for the future.

Time really does heal most things...it won't necessarily erase it, but it will heal the wound(s)

anterrabae, good advice, but I seriously cannot think of an event where I was truly happy, ever.

I can however imagine a future that surely must be better than this. And I can be thankful that things are better than they used to be. Isn't that sad that I can't think of a time when I was truly happy? I do know it's possible, though.

DO NOT Start injecting drugs, in most cases it is the beginning of the end.

Starting IV use is one of the very few things in my life that I would take back if I could turn back time. I wish I didnt know what an awesome meth rush felt like, while it feels really, really good, its not a god enough feeling to potentially lose my life over.

This advice is gold :D My mom has told me that ever since I was a little girl. It's so true.

So true

A lot of good words to live by in this thread.

Think before you speak.

^If I had done this more in my 23 years of living thus far, i could have avoided some dissapointment and heartache <3

Also, being 23, Youth is wasted on the young, I must admit. Im not looking forward to the day where I truly understand why this quote is so true. But I do hope to live to a ripe old age, ah emotion, reminds you that you are alive.

Great thread.