If you could give one peice of advice for people like us...

lasthurrah, I don't think it's sad at all that you can't remember being happy. The fact that you realize it's a possibility is quite enough.

If anything, it's a good thing...you must have something truly wonderful coming your way. Every first time is amazing, I think that applies to emotions as well.

Depending on a person's situation and the type of people that are in their life, I agree with the advice "Trust no one but yourself." I've been hurt too many times, particularly the worst by family members which pushed me over the edge in having started drugs in the first place. Not making excuses as I am the one who chose to start but being that I've been there I can see how others can see drugs as the "easy way out" or the much needed "escape from reality" when really in the end you could be digging yourself into a bigger hole. If there's no hurt to escape from, the better your chances.

lasthurrah, I don't think it's sad at all that you can't remember being happy. The fact that you realize it's a possibility is quite enough.

If anything, it's a good thing...you must have something truly wonderful coming your way. Every first time is amazing, I think that applies to emotions as well.

Thanks anterrabae, I appreciate what you said. I agree, the first time I really feel happy and free will be amazing... and I really do believe I will get there.

Thanks for your support.

lasthurrah, you will get there, no doubt...in fact, I'm completely convinced that you've been there before...I left another resonse at another post...realting to satisfaction...

Sometimes Running is the answer, especially If you never did anything where you are now and is just "existing". Just make sure your not running away from your problems, but running to a new you, the healthy you. Trust yourself only.

>Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it.

>In giving advice seek to help, not to please, your friend.

>I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing to do with it. It is never any use to oneself, after you used it.

Honestly?

Aim low.

Aim low so there's less fucking disappointment. there is no shame in being a nobody. they are the fabric of society.

Honestly?

Aim low.

Aim low so there's less fucking disappointment. there is no shame in being a nobody. they are the fabric of society.

Fabric of U.S society imo...There is a diff between people that aim low because of stupid reason, and the people who cant help it geting themselfs into low low low parts of life. I try to aim high, but i get lower and lower.

^^^Then try it the other way around, Process. You already have dignity I can see by the way you answered to the poster above you. Try taking small steps at a time, don't reach for the stars right away, your fall may be too hard to withstand.
Take baby steps, and stop to pat yourself on the shaulder for each accomplishment, for it is worth the effort.

The issue with that living, Is for whatever reason I feel like by doing that i'm not smart and viewed as someone who has no clue. For me its frustrating its like i know what i want, i know how to get there, but My focus always strays and I end up falling fast, I know I rush into alot of things under pressure that i cant seem to control. I get stressed and nervous so fast when alot of people expect something out of me. Like body is frozen.

The issue with that living, Is for whatever reason I feel like by doing that i'm not smart and viewed as someone who has no clue. For me its frustrating its like i know what i want, i know how to get there, but My focus always strays and I end up falling fast, I know I rush into alot of things under pressure that i cant seem to control. I get stressed and nervous so fast when alot of people expect something out of me. Like body is frozen.

OK. This is what I am talking about!
You know what is that you want, how to go about it. This is more then other people can do. Most people don't know what they want or how to go about it-you do! Excellent! This is what i have seen in you!

You need to take smaller steps. Achieve each step before you start the next one. You know your limitations, so you change your ways of achiving it!
Never mind what others expect of you. You deliver the way that is in line with what way you can handle it!

YOU KNOW WHAT IS WRONG-that is the best start. Understanding it is another. Anticipation is the problem, and enxiety, because you have difficulty at the moment delaying grattification-you are like the horse who is on the line ready to race with the others, and it can't handle its own anticipation and built on enxiety or able to retain that adrenalin. It starts taking off before it heard the gun shot-the GO!

Breaking it into baby steps and only do the ones that you have marked down and in the time you have allowed to do it. This way you train yourself to be able to delay grattification, it is the exercise of it, until you integrate the free floating enxiety. Your energy is unbound!

How we are going so far? :)

Thank you for thought out help LiTM, so about breaking it into baby steps, would keeping a log of what I do daily help? see with me i'm the type of person that can understand problems and see through other people with ease, but at times i dont understand how to go about doing them.

So writting down my goals, and such and write a giving time in when i should do them would help train my mind?

Is there a way to this with feeling like i'm slow, Like i get ashamed even thinking about doing things slower rather then fast

Yes listing your goals by prioritizing them, then take the first priority and breaking it into small
steps starting with what is the most immediate one, and taking action step by step. Don't rush yourself, you practice in speed slowly. Don't try to do too much because you go into panic. Keep a log and write what you did that day regarding those priorities etc.
When you catch yourself wanting to place more things in your schedule try to do some social activities etc to expell some of the extra energy there. If you have too much free floating energy express it out in exercise to reduce it, so that it is bearable and be able to use it effectively. It is only when it is in excess that you go into panic.
Don't try to please anyone, if it is going to place you under stress, tell them you will do it the way you can handle it. You can only do as much as you can cope with and deal with.

How are you doing with new activities and a new lifestyle and friends? No pressure, just checking! If you need a buddy to talk to just pm me.

I'm going to start doing the log and thank you soo much for that info, i been to scared and ashamed to go to therapy or counciling. and this really helps me.

I was doing very well for 2 weeks sober and very good. Last Friday I was feeling down and made a small "mistake" But afterwards instead of doing more mistake I just layed down and came here. Your right about the cold turkey, i see myself geting high, then afterwards telling myself i need to stop and repeat the cycle. I just now noticed how it effects not only myself but friends I used with. But mentaly I just cant be useing anymore.

I found the inpatient treament that i want to go to this summer and I hope i can get in.

Tommorow is a new day and dont ever think someone is controlling your life. Remeber you only have life to enjoy dont waste it on the past when ur living in the presents

Don't worry what other people around you are like, and are doing with there live concentrate on how you feel,and you life. and remember your better tyhan you think you are.

You withdrew once, you don't start it all over again with opioids because you yourself know the best how it is going to end. At some point you will find no passion in it, only find yourself digging a grave for yourself.

you know realistically that you have an addictive personality - so why even contemplate trying another addictive drug....your life's been ruined plenty of times, why ruin it potentially again?