• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If you can moderate Ketamine use is it that bad?

BenzosBudOrBooty

Bluelighter
I know what legit stuff looks like. I split an 1/8th with my friend. It was glass shards and crystals. I had to crush it up. I've never done opiates or coke really in my life but I've done many psychedelics. So I'm not used to snorting stuff but I enjoyed my experiences with ketamine. I did it in small amounts. Like I probably did it 15 times in 3 days. But then when it was gone I said "I don't wanna be addicted to ketamine" and I said I won't buy it for a while. But I think I will do it again one day. If you can control use is it that bad and you know you're getting good stuff? I feel like the worst side-affect is psychological addiction and then that leads to the physical health problems. But if you can moderate use it's a lot safer than drinking a ton of alcohol. I didn't fall into a k-hole at all or really that close. I have anxiety and the highest dose gave me anxiety but other than that I was pretty relaxed and my mood has increased, anxiety has decreased since I've done my little binge... I feel this is the most beneficial drug for me, it would be really tempting to become addicted but I'm using my wise mind by saying stay away for a long time.

Any drug use is sustainable if moderated well enough.

If you do use ketamine again, you should consider reagent testing it before you use it, instead of trying to identify it by what it looks like. Many drugs/chemicals can look like glass shards and crystals.

If you feel like you might need to try and moderate your use then it might be setting yourself up for a fall. By that I just mean that the language you use indicates that you might feel that there is the potential for a problem with addiction.

If using it intermittently though, I Personally tend to find it to be one of the least physically damaging drugs. It can heighten anxiety, but doesn't seem to cause any brain fog or anything like that.

But this really all just depends on how much you use it.

Short answer no, long answer yes. In other words, moderated bursts of use in a controlled set and setting is unlikely to cause harm, and the therapeutic effects should shine. However, there are a lot of variables, and the individual outcomes do vary. There may be many benefits, but not without physical and psychological risks. Psychological addiction is a thing with this class.

i think it's possible to moderate it.

i prefer to use it in the hole dose range accompanied by classical psyches like LSD and psilocybin

apparently the activity from these 5HT2A agonists are neuro-protective of ketamine's potential neurotoxicity

i don't trip often so i figured that in itself moderates my use.

It is entirely possible to use Ketamine in moderation, but you do have to be careful as it is very moreish. As you've already found, it is very easy to redose when you have some so the best advice is to only keep small quantities. Having said that, I picked up a quantity of some proper sealed vials and had a fair bit lying around and did find myself taking it a few days in a row. Like any drug with addiction potential you are taking risks.

I've used it a fair bit, with some longish sessions, with no noticeable ill effects (although that doesn't mean there aren't long term risks of which we are not aware). I do make sure to take breaks though, for both health reasons and to avoid building a huge tolerance.