• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

Christians tend to run away from any moral discussions I propose. That is quite telling.

I'm not Christian, I'm just defending my perception of Jesus the man. The Catholic church, which perverted his message into a social control consruct, decided which books made it into the Bible. These books were all written by people many years after his death. From what I have read, between the official NT and the other texts found, Jesus was imperfect (as anyone is) but preached for love and acceptance and distribution of wealth to support everyone. He accepted social outcasts and preached nonviolence.

I'm not Christian, I'm just defending my perception of Jesus the man. The Catholic church, which perverted his message into a social control consruct, decided which books made it into the Bible. These books were all written by people many years after his death. From what I have read, between the official NT and the other texts found, Jesus was imperfect (as anyone is) but preached for love and acceptance and distribution of wealth to support everyone. He accepted social outcasts and preached nonviolence.

Rome, when they created that particular archetype, would have it no other way.

Where do you find Jesus advocating the distribution of wealth?

Slavery, in those days, was more like the welfare systems of today and nowhere do I see Jesus preaching against it.

Regards
DL

A true blood sacrifice stays dead.

Care to reply to this O.P.

Regards
DL

Are you willing to die for your beliefs? If so that'd make you a pretty hip dude.

Are you willing to die for your beliefs? If so that'd make you a pretty hip dude.

I have never faced death for what I believe so cannot answer your question.

I have put 18 years of my life in jeopardy of prison in trying to change laws on prohibition which I find destructive to my country. I see that as me being a vigilante type.

If you see that as hip, thanks in advance.

I just see it as me doing my duty to my country and humanity.

Regards
DL

Reporting back. They're about the kingdom of heaven.

To a Gnostic Christian like me, it is here and now.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

To a Gnostic Christian like me, it is here and now.

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

DL, in Candide, Voltaire satirizes the 'best of all possible worlds' philosophy. At the end of the novel, Candide and his companions end up at home 'taking care of their garden', an activity that, according to Voltaire, is both private and productive. Axe

DL, in Candide, Voltaire satirizes the 'best of all possible worlds' philosophy. At the end of the novel, Candide and his companions end up at home 'taking care of their garden', an activity that, according to Voltaire, is both private and productive. Axe

Yes, I know.

That does not refute the quote I put or the logic behind the Gnostic Christian view of reality.

You would have to show how the world could possibly be better than it is given our history and science nor you or I can do that. That is what makes the statement irrefutable.

I call reality evolving perfection due to that fact.

Regards
DL

A true blood sacrifice stays dead.

Care to reply to this O.P.

Regards
DL

A "blood sacrifice" is neither of those things. It's murder committed under the delusion that there is any other meaning to it.

This thread is starting to sound a lot like an episode of 'Preacher'. Favorite character - Saint of Killers.

Hey GB, can you maybe not be as abrasive as you were the last time around? Calling someone a loser doesn't help your argument, we like to debate people with respect around here... if you don't mind.

indeed listen to da mogul uganda

hes the lawyer

also u cant judge

bcz we dont have free speech and no one gives a fuck if you say something that will change some but it will not so dont say it,

BUT mind no fuck all, apocalypse will come one day, hopefully somewhere between 2030-50

and the human nature will be saved from all the stupidity

hail da apocalypse

kofin reich

bookofeli.jpg

and lets hope

diz guy wont be around

Hey GB, can you maybe not be as abrasive as you were the last time around? Calling someone a loser doesn't help your argument, we like to debate people with respect around here... if you don't mind.

They nailed Jesus up. I expect no less as I do not suffer fools well either.

I will do my best though.

Regards
DL