• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If I withdrew and stayed off an opiate for 11 months, can I take again w/o wthdrawals

crisler

Bluelighter
I had a 6 month daily addiction to kratom ~10g Bali and while mild there were pretty nasty withdrawals for a few days. I have not touched one taste of any form of kratom since November 2015. I stocked up ever since the recent ban notice. If I take kratom daily lets say 5 days in a row just for shts and giggles, will I suffer withdrawals again from this? Thanks much in advance whoever can give me their opinion or experience

Hard to say when dependency will occur, but it occurs faster each time you get clean and relapse.

I don't know how much Kratom's usage has been studied yet, so I can't really tell ya. But I will say if you've been addicted to something before, it's stupid easy to get addicted again. But if you stocked up on it after beating the addiction, that tells me the mental addiction is still there bro, this is a question you have to answer yourself, no one else knows your wilpower bro. I was on Benzo's for ever and finally stopped. I hate the thought of them, I don't read threads on them, I hate typing the damn word. If you still think about a drug, a little of the addiction Is still left. I got lucky getting completely over Benzo's, I'll never beat opioids though, I've learned to accept it though lol. Just contemplate how much you trust yourself and go from there

Speaking as someone who has had the exact same experience as you, except mostly with enhanced kratom, yes, you'll get withdrawals. I can use most opiates, but regular kratom for 2 days or ultra enhanced for 1 day=feeling like shit the next day. Not full blown WDs, but if I kept using, I'm sure they would be. I hate to say this in light of the kratom ban, and considering that I'm staunchly opposed to the ban, but kratom is one of the few substances I think I just have to stay away from, at least the enhanced forms. I can use other opiates for a few days and be fine though.

Speaking as someone who has had the exact same experience as you, except mostly with enhanced kratom, yes, you'll get withdrawals. I can use most opiates, but regular kratom for 2 days or ultra enhanced for 1 day=feeling like shit the next day. Not full blown WDs, but if I kept using, I'm sure they would be. I hate to say this in light of the kratom ban, and considering that I'm staunchly opposed to the ban, but kratom is one of the few substances I think I just have to stay away from, at least the enhanced forms. I can use other opiates for a few days and be fine though.

I've been purposefully staying away from extracts, but alot of people have said there are major differences between plain leaf and extracts.

Hard to say when dependency will occur, but it occurs faster each time you get clean and relapse.

True, true, true. You may or not be aware of a phenomenon known as the "Kindling Effect" OP. It's a pretty interesting concept and it appears to be true for the vast majority of users. It was first noted in those suffering from Alcoholism. Each time that the Alcoholic would get sober and then relapse later on, their dependency would develop much more quickly and the accompanying withdrawal syndrome would be more severe.

I can say, only from experience, that the same is true for Opioids as well. It seems like it took me almost a year to amass my first Opioid dependence leading to sickness. Those were great times. Now, if I pick back up and use for about a week, I can expect a few days of relatively moderate withdrawal. In about 2 weeks of using, there's no discernible difference. I may as well have been using every day for the past year.

Given the ROA, this might not apply in a de facto sense, but I took nearly 6 months off of opiates altogether after IV heroin use for 6ish years. Got transportation back, went straight down to the city. It was fun for about 3 days, doing about 2-3 ten spots daily, then I realized I was straight up dopesick again without it. Your body remembers...