• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe if i shot suboxone and then heroin, will more subs throw me into W/D?

chase_in_56ace

Ex-Bluelighter
I took 1mg sublingual followed by 2mg IV of suboxone.

I then injected 0.1g of high quality heroin. It was not enough to make me nod, but it broke through the subs enough to take away all residual withdrawal and mental craving.

Am I safe to inject another 2mg of sub?

I know im reckless. Sorry bluelighters

Love Chase

I asked a similar question a few months back, and have seen mixed responses and replies.

I have seen people say that if you are still dependent on the heroin, then yeah you would be thrown into PWDs. I have also been told that if you did the heroin, but didn't feel high from it at all, then the heroin never got to your receptors due to the bupe already occupying the receptors, so if you did more sub PWDs wouldn't be an issue cuz there would be no H for the bupe to rip off the receptors, cuz the H never got to plug in in the first place. I have also been told though, that after inducting on subs, and you do some H a few hours later, you do not have to wait all that time before taking subs again.

But you are also talking about INJECTING it. Me, personally, I wouldn't chance it if you are injecting the bupe, and from actually having felt the effects from the H before. I would just try taking a small dose SUBLINGUALLY and see what it does. As we know, small doses would cause mild PWDs if they were to happen.

I have experienced PWDs from injecting 2mg bupe before, and it SUX. Lol

Pwd sucks so bad i absolutely hear you. Fortunately i didnt feel any. I went ahead shot it... My anxiety did worsen for about five minutes after so i jumped in the shower expecting the worse.... Well it didnt worsen and now im definitely feeling much better.

I think you're spot on about the receptor filling sm0ke. Since i didnt get high, no heroin occupied my receptor sites, therefore no heroin for more bupe to rip off...

Though im not gonna lie. The shot made me feel a lot worse during that shitty first 5 minutes than it usually does. Maybe my minds messin with me, idk

Pwd sucks so bad i absolutely hear you. Fortunately i didnt feel any. I went ahead shot it... My anxiety did worsen for about five minutes after so i jumped in the shower expecting the worse.... Well it didnt worsen and now im definitely feeling much better.

I think you're spot on about the receptor filling sm0ke. Since i didnt get high, no heroin occupied my receptor sites, therefore no heroin for more bupe to rip off...

Though im not gonna lie. The shot made me feel a lot worse during that shitty first 5 minutes than it usually does. Maybe my minds messin with me, idk

in my PERSONAL experience, for me anyway, shooting bupe not long after a full agonist (H, dilaudid, whatever) only results in a brief minute or two of precip w/d which is almost indistinguishable from a totally non euphoric "rush." then the bupe saturates the receptors and you're "well" again.

I see you already did it. But here is the rule of thumb....if you have subs on your receptors (you took sub within past 3 days), you're generally safe to take subs. With the exception being some fentanyl type drug that has a higher binding affinity and can kick sub off...

But anytime you have subs in your system, even if you have taken heroin or oxy or dilaudid after, you're safe to take more sub

After 3 days all bets are off

I see you already did it. But here is the rule of thumb....if you have subs on your receptors (you took sub within past 3 days), you're generally safe to take subs. With the exception being some fentanyl type drug that has a higher binding affinity and can kick sub off...

But anytime you have subs in your system, even if you have taken heroin or oxy or dilaudid after, you're safe to take more sub

After 3 days all bets are off

Does Fent really have a higher binding affinity than sub? I feel like fent doesn't work well at all when I have sub in my system. works much better after three days off the sub

No it doesn't have a higher binding affinity then buprenorphine but it's high enough that at certain dosages it can compete. I imagine there are likely several fentanyl analogues with a higher binding affinity though.

Also if you already have buprenorphine in your system, shoot some dope, get some half assed effects, you're probably safe to take more subs. I wouldn't IV it though, just to be safe.

in my PERSONAL experience, for me anyway, shooting bupe not long after a full agonist (H, dilaudid, whatever) only results in a brief minute or two of precip w/d which is almost indistinguishable from a totally non euphoric "rush." then the bupe saturates the receptors and you're "well" again.

I've had PWD last like 5 mins in a similar situation....the fear was real but short lived. Never took that risk again...

How long before you're first sub dose did you use last?

Are you dependent on the subs or on the heroin?

In any case, Sublingual bupe would probably be less likely to induce PWD than I.V. since you'll be getting a little naloxone. I'm assuming you're a heroin user who only uses bupe when you run out, op? If so you can probably use them almost interchangeably to a point....to what point? I don't know, that's different for everbody.

I've been flip-flopping between full-agonists and subs for the past couple years now, and I've YET to experience PWD. Then again, I don't I.V., and I usually never have enough full-agonists to last more than a 3-4 week stretch.

But seriously I think you have to be pretty-fucking-dependent on a Full agonist, for a good stretch of time, in order for bupe to precipitate withdrawal.

Good luck, whatever you do, be careful. IME low doses of bupe can even potentiate a full agonist...the lower the dose the better....obviously 2mg + is probably around the blocking range, technically, and especially if you I.V. it i'd 1/4 that dose.

If you're using bupe every day, then take a single dose of heroin, then no, more bupe wouldn't cause withdrawal, but it would almost certainly kill the high.

..also the naloxone doesn't matter IV or not because it has a vastly lower binding affinity than the bupe and a vastly shorter half life.

Like said sub then dope no w.d.
Dope then sub .. w.d
Also @chase_in_56ace send me a message im also one of the few here from soflo w a dope habit and it all sucks. Lmao would love to hear what ur experience has been

I'm in SWFL too. NO dope around where I live, I mean its around, but not anywhere near half as prevalent as pills; and if you can even get it, its COMPLETE SHIT and like <snip> ...not even worth spending the money on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, i am in this exact situation right now, and really i prolly answered my own question in my post above, but i would like some feedback anyhow.

Well, i am coming off a month or so H run, my last real use of the drug being 4days ago. 3 days ago i had inducted on suboxone, i woke up sick and couldnt take it no more only after 14 hours after last use. Well, needless to say, that day was a living hell, PWDs were pretty bad, i stayed sick all of saturday and saturday night even after having took 12mg of suboxone throughout the course of that whole day. It sucked bad. But around 2pm Sunday i did a 2mg shot of sub, and got some pretty good relief, followed by another 1mg shot around 9pm. Of course, there is no chance of pwds there and i felt pretty good.

Well, the next day, Monday...yesterday, i woke up around 11am, and IVd another 1mg, which held me a good 12 hours before i noticed it start to wane.

Well, around 1am last night, one oF our dealers showed up and dropped off a .5g of some pretty shitty dope to my roommate cuz he was WDing bad and desperate. I ended up doing a shot of it, whicj i barely even felt. Sucked.

So today, now Tuesday, 15 hours after that shot of garbage, i did a rinse shot of that same dope, pointless, i know, i rather have took my chances with IVing my last 2mg of suboxone, but my addict mind thought i would get feeling good again from that rinse. It didnt do shit, next ro nothing, i maybe felt it very slightly.

That pointless rinse was about an hour and a half ago, and that being said, after having took 14mg of sub in under 72hours do you guys think i woild be cool to inject maybe 1mg sub now? I hardly felt shit from that rinse and now basicly feel no different than i did before it. I wasnt really in WD either, just not feeling 100% either at the time. What do you guys think? Thanks.

UPDATE:

I gave it 3 hours, and went ahead and shot .5mg, i noticed no PWD. I waited 20mins and shot another 1mg, still no PWD.

I guess it was one of 2 things. Either my receptors are still occupied enough with the 14mg of bupe i had used over the weekend and it deflected any H from entering, or the dope was just that crappy and there wasnt enough shit in it to even get to my receptors, thus no PWD. Thank God. Haha

I took 1mg sublingual followed by 2mg IV of suboxone.

I then injected 0.1g of high quality heroin. It was not enough to make me nod, but it broke through the subs enough to take away all residual withdrawal and mental craving.

Am I safe to inject another 2mg of sub?

I know im reckless. Sorry bluelighters

Love Chase

Why did you inject high quality gear after 3mgs of bupe? I just don't get it. Unless you were making the transition back onto bupe & wanted to make the 2 day ride as smooth as possible. This doesn't seem the case though as you asked about how safe it was to take a further 2mgs of subutex. It sounds like you have a needle fetish/addiction more than enjoying the actual opiode rush. Subs & any opiodes don't mix unless like I alluded to & you just want to make the transition to a maintenance on bupe as smooth as possible. I've done it this way many times as I've dabbled with gear many times in the past 10 years while on my subutex script. I'm now trying to kick my 23 year old opiate addiction with a slow taper from bupe but finding it ultra difficult. My last attempt was about 4 weeks ago and I reduced slowly down to 0.4 and snapped those in half and took 0.2 on alternate days to make the cushion as soft as possible but I was experiencing too many negative vibes from my GF and failed miserably again, for the second time. These PAWS suck big time and had no idea what to expect. I was so weak emotionally and physically that I couldn't function. I tried 20mgs of prescribed diazepam but that made me feel more drained. Anyway, I relented and I'm now back up to 2mgs of bupe after scoring gear a couple of times. Luckily I didn't enjoy it at all so it's staying on bupe for a couple of months and another attempt at a detox. This time my key worker is going to recommend Britlofex (lofexadine) for the rls. I believe it helps very well. Haha, sorry about hijacking your thread & going off on my own struggles with opiodes. Peace out.

I am on 9mgs of suboxone a day, for 4 years now

sometimes, like maybe once every 2 months or so I will not take my subs for a day so I can do dope

I live on the east coast and here we get bags of powder heroin, very strong. On my relapse days I shoot up to 30 bags to try and feel a little high. I feel no rush from the 5 bag shots, no nods, just a little sedation...

on my relapse day I always take the last shot before 11-12pm, then I go to sleep wake up about 10 hours later and then I take my normal suboxone dose, get back onto my normal routine.

I would be lying to say that I feel no different the day after a "relapse day", because I deff feel odd, not withdrawals, just a weird feeling, then after that day I'm 100% normal on my wonderful subs again.

9mgs? That's a strange dose, dude. Yeah, I used to do the same but once back on subutex I could get down to 2mgs within a couple of weeks so I wouldn't need much gear to override the bupe. If you're still dabbling with gear why not go on methadone instead so you'll get the full effect & also save £££££ in the process. I'm not condoning methadone over subutex but subs are for people who genuinely want to kick gear imo.
P.S. After 10 years on subutex & dabbling I'm now trying to taper off bupe. I got down to 0.2mgs on alternate days but went back up to 2mgs due to being emotionally & physically drained. PAWS, methinks.
Stay safe. Peace..

Why did you inject high quality gear after 3mgs of bupe? I just don't get it. Unless you were making the transition back onto bupe & wanted to make the 2 day ride as smooth as possible. This doesn't seem the case though as you asked about how safe it was to take a further 2mgs of subutex. It sounds like you have a needle fetish/addiction more than enjoying the actual opiode rush. Subs & any opiodes don't mix unless like I alluded to & you just want to make the transition to a maintenance on bupe as smooth as possible. I've done it this way many times as I've dabbled with gear many times in the past 10 years while on my subutex script. I'm now trying to kick my 23 year old opiate addiction with a slow taper from bupe but finding it ultra difficult. My last attempt was about 4 weeks ago and I reduced slowly down to 0.4 and snapped those in half and took 0.2 on alternate days to make the cushion as soft as possible but I was experiencing too many negative vibes from my GF and failed miserably again, for the second time. These PAWS suck big time and had no idea what to expect. I was so weak emotionally and physically that I couldn't function. I tried 20mgs of prescribed diazepam but that made me feel more drained. Anyway, I relented and I'm now back up to 2mgs of bupe after scoring gear a couple of times. Luckily I didn't enjoy it at all so it's staying on bupe for a couple of months and another attempt at a detox. This time my key worker is going to recommend Britlofex (lofexadine) for the rls. I believe it helps very well. Haha, sorry about hijacking your thread & going off on my own struggles with opiodes. Peace out.

I definitely have a needle fetish as well. My girlfriend can't stand it and tells me to quit poking myself all the time. I've never tried anything but gabapentin for the RLS (which without a tolerance and in high enough doses will kill most of it) have you tried the Britloflex yet? I'd love to have something else on hand. I HATE RLS.

Yeah the RLS, or RESTLESS WHOLE BODY SYNDROME is most definitely up in the most agonizing part of opiate withdrawal. I sometimes have RLS problems when I am clean from drug use, so when it comes while I'm in WD, it is twice as bad for me.

If I am stuck doing it cold turkey, the way I battle the RLS (or restless whole body) in cold turkey WD is doing light leg and arm exercises, then laying straight back down. It provides relief for about an hour or so til your muscles recover from the exertion and the restless shit creeps back. The exercises I usually do are squats, push-ups, and leg raises while laying on my side. The leg raises work the muscles in your behind, where most of the RLS starts before it creeps into your quadriceps and shoots down your calfs into your feet. This is how I battled cold turkey withdrawal RLS especially in jail. Man that Shit sux.

But anyway, I had the question: what is BRITLOFLEX?