• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Ideas for Christmas presents šŸŽ

Electrum1

Bluelighter
What are some good Christmas presents that are $50-$150 that are something people will actually use, instead of just giving gift cards?

I got one of these for my buddy with a boat, because it goes over a half mile and has red and green filters
51qwXLg-PZL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Then I got two of these portable blenders that are charged by USB and are real easy to clean, giving one to my sister and don't know about the second one yet
images

So what are some other ideas for gifts?

i find USB-C hubs pretty useful because laptops are getting rid of more of the other ports but people still want to be able to plug in their USB-A peripherals and maybe ethernet and HDMI.

original_b2.jpeg

i want a flashlight too maybe add like some form of miner helmet

do like a budget gopro
This is the one I have that is like what a miner would wear. They're not cheap but they're good quality

Can probably find one on sale somewhere on the internet

Fenix-HM65R-Headlamp_360x.jpg

This sounds lame as I am kind of on a budget but I try and find out what people use daily and get them that. I used to just do gift cards at Walmart as everyone can use something from there. But now I try and just purchase it myself and wrap it as it's a bit more personal. Like for instance my Mom has cats and she usually just gets the cheaper products so I get her the more costly ones. Dry food, canned food and litter. That way it's a treat for her and I know she will love it. And then I usually get her a card and in the envelope I put in 10 scratch off lottery tickets. Makes her day.

My sister likes expensive lotions but only buys Jergens or cheaper stuff so I get her some luxurious ones.

My one friend loves tea as opposed to coffee so I get her a new tea kettle with some good quality tea.

It's mostly knowing what people love and will use. Nobody likes knick knacks that sit on a shelf or clothes anymore. In this day and age it has to be something they will use but don't normally buy for themselves. That way you don't waste your money and you know that the gift will be appreciated.

I still like to get gift cards myself. That way I can get exactly what I want.

Forecast is calling for snow here today so that's why I posted this. The first snowfall of the season always gets me thinking about that pine smell and all the delicious smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

An annual magazine subscription to something they like? I personally like those, though I know they're not to everybody's taste, but they're also the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. I also often prefer (in both a tactile and visual sense) to read a physical object over digitized pixels, but again it varies from person to person.

An annual magazine subscription to something they like? I personally like those, though I know they're not to everybody's taste, but they're also the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. I also often prefer (in both a tactile and visual sense) to read a physical object over digitized pixels, but again it varies from person to person.
That is a great idea. Every month they get a new issue and I really still enjoy reading a magazine. Reader's Digest is still my favorite.

I also enjoy reading ( and smelling ) old books, and the slick pages of a magazine and all the different cologne ads they have in them nowadays are fun too.

That is a great idea. Every month they get a new issue and I really still enjoy reading a magazine. Reader's Digest is still my favorite.

I also enjoy reading ( and smelling ) old books, and the slick pages of a magazine and all the different cologne ads they have in them nowadays are fun too.

Yeah there's still a lot of choice despite the massive decline of physical magazines. I got my brother a bodybuilding magazine subscription when he started working out, then a performance car type magazine later as he likes cars, my Mum a Horticultural Magazine, and my aunt a House Beautiful type thing. They often also come with a free gift too (like a fairly decent slow cooker worth about $120 for my aunt).

I fuckin miss magazine subscriptions. When I was a kid I loved looking forward to my video game and music magazines. We had SPIN, Rolling Stone, Gamepro, Nintendo Power, Sports Illustrated, Guitar World, and a ton more. Hours and hours of entertainment.

Somebody gave me boxes of old popular mechanics magazines from the 40's and 50's that are pretty fun to read. They're pretty much like a small book compared to the thin magazines these days

Another non-conventional gift idea is a AAA membership for people who don't drive newer cars. Sounds lame but they'll be thankful when they need it

I fuckin miss magazine subscriptions. When I was a kid I loved looking forward to my video game and music magazines. We had SPIN, Rolling Stone, Gamepro, Nintendo Power, Sports Illustrated, Guitar World, and a ton more. Hours and hours of entertainment.
Damn I forgot about the Nintendo magazines. I always looked at them at my friend's houses to find cheat codes because I never had a subscription

Take a picture of their toilet then have it framed, then next time you visit put the framed picture on the toilet and take a picture of that, and then gift them a framed picture of the toilet with the picture on it

images-1.fill.size_563x750.v1611679506.jpg

I love gifting so much. Itā€™s actually a gift for me to gift. I like really personal gifts that someone will truly cherish, whether they be really expensive or not as much, I love finding out what someone really wants and doing my best to get it.

Gifting books is a big one for me though, if I give you a book I love and I know youā€™ll get something from it that makes it very personal and means more, if that makes sense?

I am terrible at getting gifts and wanting to give the person it straight away so I have my brother hide them from me immediately (out of sight out of mind) and then give them back near Christmas time.

This year Iā€™ve made lots of lemoncello and put it into little glass bottles with cute stoppers for neighbours and some friends along with quirky shot glasses Iā€™ve designed with different pictures on each. Iā€™m also making lots of traditional Irish soda bread for a few people as an extra little thing and everyone who knows me knows I hate cooking so itā€™s a big thing for me to cook for someone.

God I love gifting! Just thinking about it makes me really happy. I love watching someone open a present!

For a ladies' fragrance for xmas, I couldn't recommend this scent more. It has a spicy and exotic fragrance with very soft undertones. The big bottle is hella pricey but you can get little travel ones too more affordably:

Last edited: