• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Ice

betweenthebars

Bluelighter
I know people say you can't smoke too much, but I'm shaking, heart racing. I have a time release diltiazem pill here. It is meant to lower blood pressure and heart rate. I have no benzos. Has anyone tried this or do you know is it safe?

Hey,

I'm not sure of diltiazem's action. Is there any kind of hotline in your area that you can call to double check about drug interactions?

I know there are some sites where you can message with a pharmacist.

It's not unusual to feel uncomfortable after overdoing it on stimulants though. Hopefully the symptoms ease soon enough. If not, or if you start to feel worse, call someone.

Sip cold water, try to chill out, you should level out. Whoever told you that you can't smoke too much is way, way off.

Hey,

I'm not sure of diltiazem's action. Is there any kind of hotline in your area that you can call to double check about drug interactions?

I know there are some sites where you can message with a pharmacist.
Thank you I will check that out. I'm not sure if there's a hotline but I'll see. I'll
Check out a pharmacist site too

I know people say you can't smoke too much, but I'm shaking, heart racing. I have a time release diltiazem pill here. It is meant to lower blood pressure and heart rate. I have no benzos. Has anyone tried this or do you know is it safe?

Diltiazem is sometimes used to manage methamphetamine induced tachycardia but it wouldn't be the first choice.

I wouldn't take it as it probably won't bring you the relief you're looking for. You'll have to just ride it out. Of course if you feel like you are in danger then you should seek medical attention.

Yes is is possible to smoke too much. I’ve done it, total pale white passed out from smoking and cardio respiratory systems most likely way in overdrive. This has happened only a couplen or few times to me out of hundreds but it’s possible.

stop smoking. Sit down. Have a friend if you can or phone call someone to keep you in check. Breathe. Drink water or better juice, eat something force it. Benzos may help or antipsychotics but do NOT DRINK it is not safe for your cardiovascular system. I have chronic hb now due to a heavy chronic meth and alcohol combo addiction. Drinking INCREASES the risk to your heart racing and spinning out of control like a crisis the way in interacts with meth.

next time smoke less or not at all as long as you can. Less meth the better it really is a terrible debilitating drug over time.

Whoever said that doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
You can definitely smoke too much, smoked meth has around 90% bioavailability and lasts a long time. If you take too much you can go into overdose territory, doesn't matter how you take it.

It's very important to know your tolerance with this drug. Tolerant users might be able to take massive doses (1+ grams), while a non tolerant user could have a stroke or an arrhythmia.
Even if meth tends to have a pretty high safety margin compared to other drugs its pottency shouldn't be underestimated.

Those symptoms you mentioned are somewhat common with high doses, you will probably be fine as long as you didn't mix it with other drugs and have no pre-existing conditions. Although if they don't get better (or if you start having more symptoms) you should probably seek medical attention.
Otherwise try not to move too much, remain calm and take some benzos if you have them.

Hope you're fine by now.

Thank you. I don't have any enzos handy but I did find a baclifen and it seemed to help.

Yes is is possible to smoke too much. I’ve done it, total pale white passed out from smoking and cardio respiratory systems most likely way in overdrive. This has happened only a couplen or few times to me out of hundreds but it’s possible.

stop smoking. Sit down. Have a friend if you can or phone call someone to keep you in check. Breathe. Drink water or better juice, eat something force it. Benzos may help or antipsychotics but do NOT DRINK it is not safe for your cardiovascular system. I have chronic hb now due to a heavy chronic meth and alcohol combo addiction. Drinking INCREASES the risk to your heart racing and spinning out of control like a crisis the way in interacts with meth.

next time smoke less or not at all as long as you can. Less meth the better it really is a terrible debilitating drug over time.
Thank you for your advice. I did force myself to eat an avocado and some apple juice.