Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice: is it worth the high?

Dirty_Deed

Bluelighter
I thought I'd actually post a serious thread this time....

Lately I have been very concerned about the impact that Ice has been having on the drug community and the community as a whole. I find this drug ruining more lives each day, and getting in the way of families and friends. Recently I heard about I girl I knew who before was doing quite well at school, didn't touch drugs AT ALL, and was just generally straight and narrow. Now she got hooked on Ice because she was living with ppl who were into that scene. I have never before seen a drug take grip of someone who had never even smoked weed in her life. And the countless ppl I know or am friends with who are now on anti-psychotic medications and such. And this isn't always from long term use: I'm talking two weeks to a month. I myself had a two week binge on this nasty stuff, and it took me 4 months to recover. It caused a lot of heart ache for my family, and a lot of my friends were really pissed off that I would even touch it. The Ice scene seems to segregate itself further and further from the overall drug scene and this is projecting a very bad image for us all. I ask to those who do it regularly; is it worth it??? Is it worth the harm you are doing to yourself and others???

I know this all sounds preachy, but this substance I found gets in the way of day to day life more severley than even alcohol...Because a user is wired 24/7 on the stuff...and don't think you are an exception: This stuff makes even the most avid goey head go nuts. Paranoia, overconfidence and general delusionary hallucinations will occur at one stage or another of continuous Ice abuse. The media may have a scare campaign on it, but for once I am actually starting to agree with them on this one.....

Peace Out

Dirty Deed

"Ice" (meth), will certainly take over your life, but only if you let. Of course, this also depends on the environment. If you live with people that are on it every day, or if you deal it, or if your best mate deals, it is a lot harder even if you are a strong person not to get sucked into it.

The trick for me is my girlfriend. We can go hard on the weekend, and then have some hard core loving all day on the comedown which makes it practically go away...i think it even contributes to it, cause we both are horny as fuck. If this wasn't there, the temptation to have some more would be more than we could handle. And I think if it was like that, I'd become very poor, very soon. Pot is also great to kill meth cravings.

I also like to start my night with a good meth smoko and finish it with nice pill during next day. Then go to sleep ok since I hadn't had meth since the night before.

But really, for most people it will come down to this: do you take meth only strictly on weekends and MAYBE once or twice during the week on holidays, or is it your habbit to get on it whenever you can any day of the week you can. If its the latter, then you have a problem and you better prey it does not escalate.

Last edited:
I find this drug ruining more lives each day, and getting in the way of families and friends.

Maybe it's the people that are ruining their own lives, by continually taking the drug, instead of exercising their willpower and using in moderation...?

BigTrancer :)

^^^ wot he said. I'm very much in the "blame the person not the substance" camp, if you have to blame anything that is.

Take the first post here and substitute "gambling" for "ice" and it still reads the same. Substitute "shopping" "bulemia" "sex addiction" and again it makes sense. The common factor in all of these is people.

Indeed addiction is very much about the individual. But Ice is manufactured mainly because of its addictive nature. It is far more addictive than heroin IMO. Also a lot of heroin users who can't find heroin in much abundance these days are turning to Ice for a new rush. Off course you can blame the individual, but to be honest, this market has been set up to promote addiction far more than any other drug scene. The dealers I know usually have to resort to getting ppl hooked to sell the merch at a reasonable time. Asian gangs who mainly run this stuff promote such practices as giving away free hits of Ice to the customers so they are constantly wired. You may not believe me, but this is how I got hooked. The dealer I was getting off was shouting me more Ice than I was buying.They don't care about the merch as much as the money. It costs them shit all, so it's all about the circulation of money rather than the drug itself. Off course there will be ppl who do it more conservatively, more power to you. But in the end, it's a REALLY dirty market that is there to get mainly young ppl hooked hard......

Far more addictive than heroin!???
Have you had both drugs?
I must say I don't agree, but then each person has a different poison I guess.
But then I don't even like downers and I think they are more addicting. I love meth and I think it is easy to control.

I have actually tried both drugs as a matter of fact. I did heroin for a fair while (not injecting though, smoking) and I found smoking Ice far more addictive than smoking heroin. And I am more predisposed to downers due to my love of weed. You may be able to control it, but for every you, there are ten other cunts who are acting the fool. It ain't worth having a drug on the scene that just divides ppl in society. If you look at the bigger picture, it seems to be doing more harm than good in the overall outcome.
I personally can't say I was REALLY hooked because I just got over it. I don't like uppers anymore really, they just lost their magic.

anyhoo...it's still new around here, and it doesn't look good so far...what about down the road??/

Paece Out

Dirty Deed

Free hits of crystal meth? You really have to hook me up with these Asian gangs, coz I can't seem to find them here. ;)

Go to **** :) Or go see ****

jokes!!!

[Edit: Joke or not, too much information!
Please don't refer specifically to people or locations in relation to criminal activity, even if it's intended to be tongue in cheek.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Icw

One of my mates is so fucken wired on that shit that when he speaks he doesnt actually finish his words before he starts a new one. Its like something in his head has short-circuited and is causing his brain to fire to fast for his mouth to get the words out.

Listening to him talk to people is piss funny, but at the same time I feel sorry for him as he doesnt realise what a mess he looks and sounds.

Anyone else seen this sort of effect on Ice/speed users?

He'll smoke that shit for like 4 days at a time without sleeping, then crash for 3 days and get up and do it all again.

Definitely seen it, I was kinda like tha t myself...just talking utter crap and going into tangents and wondering why no one could understand me and shit..this is exactly what I'm talking about...

Well I have noticed some people like to escape from every day thing and people who are like that should not be taking drugs in the first place. If you want drugs to get you in another world they will, but if your smart and use them in the right way they might actually do you some good "open your mind a little".

Look I have to say ICE and METH are a very likable drug, and i have seen some people get caught on it, but you need to have your fun on it, and then get back into the real world. Do that and then I think everyone will be fine.

I have to say though, I think this is a "ICE" "METH" thing wont be around for much longer, it's going to get harder and harder to get. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry to say, but: BULLSHIT!!! Ice, meth, shabu, whatever you call it, is getting easier and easier to find...In sydney anyhow, you could only get Ice through asian gangs as they were the only ones who really got into back then...now every white cunt, black cunt, every cunt has got there hands on a source to either deal or use or both in many cases. I was using it myself when most ravers and speed users in general were not game enough to try it. Now I see little fucking teenybopper candy kid bitches smoking em down like there's no tommorow. Wake up, mate. It's getting easier to obtain and also getting a lot cheaper than it used to be. Though I think the matter of purity really depends on how the market grows....

Peace Out

Dirty Deed

Dirty_Deed said:
It ain't worth having a drug on the scene that just divides ppl in society. If you look at the bigger picture, it seems to be doing more harm than good in the overall outcome.

IMHO, any drug that is used recreationally and moderately isn't something that either contributes to or detract from the 'good' of society. Addiction, on the other hand, can have a moral dimension, due to it's very real impact on the wider community.

Granted, recreational drug use may have an impact upon the individual, such as loss of cognitive ability, or onset of mental illness which then translates to social impact such as loss of earnings, relationship breakdown etc. However, as we know, these kind of issues can be tackled by prioritising harm minimisation in our approach.

Meth has had a negative impact on certain facets of my life. Essentially, i feel like it's reduced my intellectual capacity. It's also bequeathed to me a lot of fun times and personally positive experiences. Nevertheless, I don't think that my use of Meth has had any deep impact, either positive or negative, on either the 'drug community' or on wider society.

The physically addictive potential and various negative outcomes of any substance use can be negated if a rational, reasonable and moderate approach to it's use is taken.
A drug is simply a physical, inanimate substance. It's only when you add people into the equation that things can take on a moral dimension.

I would like to emphasise, that I am talking more about the way Ice is marketed rather than its use. LikeI said before, it promotes addiction. I have lived with a dealer and I have seen how they work. It's all about getting ppl hooked and making sure the money circulates. Asians usually give a gram when they sell a gram to a dealer (such as the one I lived with). This extra gram is meant to be so that the middle dealer can shout potential customers, and also for their own use. I have seen many of these dealers get more hooked than their customers ever could. Imagine seeing someone jerk off in the middle of the room when 30 ppl are around....That's what the dude I was living with ended up like after becoming a dealer. He used to deal goey and pills before all that, but it seems the Ice got him in the end. I got hoooked because this little arsehole would shout me heaps of it, and all the ppl around in general. When the main dealer came round (the oriental connection), it would be a field day: plenty of free tokes around, and plenty of ticking going around too. Which also brings me to the fact that asian gangs like having ppl in debt with them. It's all about the circulation of money with them like I said before, not the merch so much. It costs them shit all, so they can throw it around like that. It's setup much like the coke market used to be, but It is growing at a much more alarming rate.

Peace Out

Dirty Deed

BTW Dirty_Deed:

WTF has ethnicity to do with meth supply?
methylamphetamine and it's demand/supply thereof have been around for an extensive period of time. Ethnicity has fuck all to do with it. organised crime that involves drug distribution is not soley ethnically based.

'asian gangs' pffft.

Would you please quit using 'racial' characteristics gratuitously. It's really pissing me off.

Nobody is a blameless victim.

Take some responsibility for your own actions, the only reason YOU become dependent on something is because YOU took the drugs, on a frequent basis. It's nobody elses fault. Lack of self-discipline and greed creates the problem.

People may make the drugs freely available to you, they may put a whole pile of meth on the table in front of you and say "go for it mate" but the only person who's responsible for the consequences of your actions is YOU.

Stop blaming the drugs, they don't cause dependence just sitting there by themselves... it's when you abuse them frequently and don't have the willpower to say 'no' that fucks everything up. Stop blaming the dealers, they're not the ones who forced you to cave in and abuse the 'free' chemicals. If you want a scapegoat, blame the person who thought to themselves 'another line won't hurt...'.

BigTrancer.

Sorry for that. I may have over emphasised the ethnicity involved in the meth market. But, however, it is asian gangs who mainly import/distribute this stuff. You can't overlook that fact. I couldn't give a shit, personally, of ehtnicity. I could name some of the gangs/syndicates who run it, but I think it would get edited out, so there is no point. Sorry again, though, if I offended anyone..

Peace Out

Dirty Deed