• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ibogaine (flood dose) - First Time - Into The Flood

I decided to write it in a narrative format so that it wouldn't just be a report, but an entertaining story/piece of literature. It's a true story though, it's what I experienced. I mean it didn't have the coherence at the time, it was just happening and it was very confusing whenever I would fade back in. I experienced it as a series of disjointed dreams that happened as I described, but experiencing it didn't feel like it feels reading this... it's not possible to communicate what it was like through writing or words. This is my attempt to distill the experience into something tangible and continuous. I mean when you dream, and then write down that dream, you're not communicating it just like it was to experience it, because dreams are often abstract and discontinuous. Obviously I had to process it a lot before I got the complete picture, and writing it helped me a lot with that. And when I wrote it, I was communicating the way I felt about it directly afterwards, during/after processing. I made the decision to write it in this sort of style because it felt like what I should do, and it was how I felt about it afterwards when I was able to overview the whole thing from my normal observer perspective. And I wanted to try to commemorate it into the most artistic writing I could, because I love writing and I like to use the inspiration from things to produce something beautiful, which I hope I accomplished with this.

I did pretty much have the idea iboga experience, and it did change my life, and it was that crazy. Dunno what else to say. :)

This is a really excellent articulation of the challenges involved in reporting a subjective peak experience; language can describe such an experience only approximately, if at all. I think you succeeded in your project of creating a narrative that at least gives a sense of an experience, which is about as much as anyone can hope for in writing this sort of report.

I was also disappointed in myself, I guess I was just in a pretty manic place and I have a tendency to flippantly take drugs, especially in the past, to "make this great day even better".

Man, that really hit home. Please keep writing. You have a talent for saying things that are meaningful and true.

Thank you. :) I've written a whole lot of reports over the years, search for "Xorkoth" on Erowid (or in here but I think more of them are on Erowid).

Post ibogaine help. Did treatment and for 4 days was clean and had no desire for pills. Was on a 5 year opiate use with 500 mg a day for the last year of it. Then on the night of day 4 restless legs started and it was bad. Not just twitching every 10 seconds. I'm talking literally convulsing. Plus it would cause so much anxiety bc would get no sleep. So I took 1 10mg percocet and it knocked the rls out. Well that turned into 3 weeks of use. My question is will I have withdrawal from three weeks of use. I have detox ed before and then relapsed bc I wanted it. And after 3 weeks of use I would experience withdrawal. But with Ibogaine it's like I'm opiate clean so I think using 3 weeks would be like starting from the beginning. Someone who has never done opiates uses for 3 weeks is not going to have withdrawal. Hope that was clear. Please respond. Just scared I'm going to have to go thru withdrawal. Don't have the money for another ibogaine treatment. Plus don't think doing that twice. In a month good idea.

I think you will likely have some withdrawal but it will be minor. My advice is to just tough it out, the withdrawal will seem like nothing compared to whatever you used to experience when you were on a lot of opiates. It will probably last for a few days, and then get better, and you'll be clear. The most important thing for you to do after you get off them this time is to restructure your life so you have other things filling the gaps that opiates used to fill, otherwise you will keep desiring to use them. Get busy doing things you enjoy... spend time doing things you love, try to limit time when you're bored. try to eliminate anything from your life that's causing you negative emotions or difficulties.

Good luck man.

After ibogaine treatment no desire for pills. Reason I relapsed was the restless legs were so bad I just couldn't take it. They came on after the 4th day after ibogaine treatment. I have 400mg of ibogaine hcl. It's very strong. The treatment place I went to only had to dose me 900mg. I have been back on opiates, (pills) for 2 months now. Question is will the 400 mg of ibogaine help the withdrawal. I know it's not a flood dose but it's more than a booster. Ty

It will probably help, but it won't be the same level of effectiveness as the flood was.

Change to my previous post. I have 500mg of ibogaine hcl. As stated it's very strong. My research shows that the treatment center s dose from 1 200mg to 1500mg. 900 did the trick for me last time. But I was really weak for 8 days. This time I only have 3 days off work but it's 400 less mg. The treatment center leader said the 500mg won't have me trip at all but will be enough to take away most of withdrawal. He said the strand they get is really strong. Do u think I will be as weak as last time. It's 400mg less so I'm hoping no. Any input or suggestions greatly appreciated

In my experience, the lower doses do temporarily deal with withdrawal, but personally I tripped hard off of around 500mg equivalent (a lot of it was TA). The trip was really amazing, but the next day I felt withdrawal still. Of course I took it 6 days after a full flood dose so it's hard to say how it would have worked otherwise. However I think the flood is necessary to really force a change. Either way it couldn't hurt, but be prepared to have a strong experience as well as to maybe not experience a total removal of withdrawals.

Such an idiot. I took 500mg of hcl. I got a really strong brand. At the center where I go if u don't want to trip 500 is enough to take away all withdrawal symptoms. So I took it and it worked. Problem is my dumb ass didn't wait till weekend. It totally zapped me. Couldn't miss work . So I took 2 percocet. Wow did my tolerance go down. My question is taking opiates like 23 hours after ibogaine could that be dangerous. I know ur not supposed to take any before but what about after.

It could be, I'm not sure. Main thing though, is that you're letting addict justification get the better of you. Don't worry about it too much but don't take any more. Your mind will try to tell you you have to, because of fatigue, or whatever you find to convince yourself, but why not make the ibogaine worth something?

Ty, good advice. Was wondering, when I took my flood dose it was very easy on me. I enjoyed the trip. Very coherent thru process. I heard stories of u can't even move ur head and it was going to be 24 hours. Well mine was only like 12 hours and could move around in bed no problem. The only thing for me was that I saw all those you tube videos. And everyone on day 3 or 4 were back on feet with energy back. I was 10 days post before my energy came back. I was so exhausted. I just laid on couch is all I could do. My body felt like it weighs 500 pounds. Anyone else have this happen. Also on day 4 or 5 my restless legs started. And it was bad. Every second of every minute was going insane. It is the reason I relapsed. I didn't relapse bc of cravings at all. I just couldn't take the rls. 1 percocet took care of it which shocked me bc I was on 500mg a day . If I do another treatment I know I'm going to have to face the rls to make it. Anyone know why that symptom came back. I had no other withdrawal symptoms just that one. I fought it for 4 days then caved in. I didn't even feel guilty. I was just so relieved to have my legs go quite and actually get to sleep

Yeah restless legs are crazy man, the worst part of opiate withdrawal for me.

That's not how my flood went... for me it lasted 3 full days (72 hours) and I was unable to realize what was real during that time, more altered than I have ever been, I was dreaming while awake, however when I came out of it, I had an amazing amount of energy and felt awesome. I actually never really had a low-energy period. I also really enjoyed my ibogaine trip, my body felt good and I look back on it really fondly, I actually felt no withdrawals at all during or right after it. I slipped a little with opiates afterwards because I tried to get back into work and life too soon, and I took a follow-up dose of 500mg of TA extract and 100mg of HCL (so about 350mg HCL equivalent) and had an amazing, very lucid trip that sort of tied the whole thing together, and when I came back I still felt low-level withdrawals for a week or so but somehow it didn't bother me, I just dealt with it and felt happy and empowered and they went away soon, and I've never had a craving for opiates since (it's been over 26 months now).

Man that's awesome. I enjoyed my trip as well. Never tripped before so it was new too me. Ur so lucky to have ur energy come back so soon. I was so weak for a long time. Small price to pay compared to opiate withdrawal though. I have 500mg of hcl. I know that isn't enough for a reset but I'm hoping it brings my tolerance way down. Then can jump off from there. I was doing 500mg of opiates a day and after my flood dose I took 1 percocet and felt it. Couldn't believe it. Do u think 500mg of ibogaine will do anything to my tolerance or not touch it?

I'm not sure honestly, not really too sure about how ibogaine works pharmacologically. It's worth a try.

Holy mother of devil! This is what I call a trip report, not some half-ass job at it. Thank you, Xorkoth!

I'm glad that the experience has been a mainly positive one. I've tried many psychedelics (mainly LSD or analogues, but some dissos too) to help me against my downer addiction to no avail. I'm happy for ya man.

Thanks. :) Yeah this thing took a lot to write, but I was so overwhelmingly inspired after the trip that I felt I had to... I'm glad I did.

Just wow! I'm bored at work at the moment, but what I've read of that report so far has ME electrified. It's almost as if some of the actual energy of your trip got caught up in those words somehow.

I've only got down to the crazy-Bluelighter-monsterparty so far, which made me chuckle. When I've got the time to devote to this, I look forward to reading it entirely.

Thanks, enjoy. :)

It was pretty wild. Since it was basically a series of dreams, it got really strange. My dreams tend to be pretty strange but this was another level entirely.

Well I'm doing 500mg of hcl in the morning. About half of what my flood dose was. Strange it's been 12 hours since my last pill and don't feel any withdrawal. I was going to take just 30mg tonight just to get me thru and then dose in morning. I don't have to be in full withdrawal to take the 500mg of ibogaine do i? 12 hours should be Ling enough to get the opiates from pills off my receptors. I will let u know if it does help my withdrawal symptoms or tolerance at all. Last time I took 1000mg of it and was exhausted for 10 days. I'm off work for 3 days, I hope since it's half as much won't zap me as much

No, you don't have to be in withdrawal at all, but you shouldn't really feel the withdrawal during it anyway.