View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

iboga (voacanga) and k?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I've got some voacanga africana seeds which contain alkaloids not quite the same, but very similar to iboga. I've only tried them out once and it was very interesting but a little underwhelming. I'm thinking about upping my dose but if I still don't get the trip that I want, would it be safe to do a bump of ket assuming I'm dosing low? or is this a terrible idea? if you have an experience report, link it please, I would really appreciate it.

In my opinion Iboga is definitely something that shouldn't be used recreationally or is pleasant at all. I wouldn't really combine it with anything if I were you considering it interacts with most drugs. If I were you I'd just do the Ket alone to be safe. Both affect NMDA Receptors so they may be interacting with each other..

I'm not necessarily trying to have fun. I just figure the K could potentiate it which could put me further out, my purpose is spiritual with this plant.

In my opinion Iboga is definitely something that shouldn't be used recreationally or is pleasant at all. I wouldn't really combine it with anything if I were you considering it interacts with most drugs. If I were you I'd just do the Ket alone to be safe. Both affect NMDA Receptors so they may be interacting with each other..

Who says ibogaine isn't pleasant? It is for me anyway, it is hands-down my favorite psychedelic out there. Recreational....no.. I agree it isn't...but it is very pleasant and entheogenic and special.

I have had the pleasure of mixing 3-MeO-PCP with ibogaine, I took the 3-MeO-PCP well into the second day of ibogaine and the combo was stellar...but admitably stupid on my part as I during the 'flashes' I went away I had no idea I was on something and had I not been sufficiently tired and immobilized I could have gotten myself into real trouble. During one of these flashes I became some little child in a forest during WW1 eating potatoes and shrubs. The imagery and detail was BEYOND realistic, I was there. Other flashes include being buried in a basement of heavy metal singer's cave next to his aborted babies, another was being on a space ship in some other dimension of the mayor of some town, and yet another was being one with a pet snake that belonged to Ozzy Osborne. Crazy shit.

Having said this, as long as I had a babysitter I would do it again, and would CERTAINLY love to add ketamine to the tail end of an ibogaine experience.

To the OP....voacanga is not iboga or ibogaine. There is a trace of ibogaine in the seeds but just a trace, any psychoactive effect is a result of the other alkaloids present. Nothing I read suggests to me that any (safe) dose of voacanga will result in enough ibogaine being taken into the body for an ibogaine experience.

I'm really really curious about Ibogaine, being a dissociative connoisseur somewhat it seems to be the 'king' of them like DMT is for psychedelics ...

There are dissociative aspects to ibogaine, as there are also psychedelic aspects, but in the end an ibogaine experience is not like any dissociative experience at all. Nothing about ibogaine resembles what it is like to take ketamine or PCP analogues. Ibogaine is more like a dreamy, otherworldly, africanized psychedelic experience.

To the OP....voacanga is not iboga or ibogaine. There is a trace of ibogaine in the seeds but just a trace, any psychoactive effect is a result of the other alkaloids present. Nothing I read suggests to me that any (safe) dose of voacanga will result in enough ibogaine being taken into the body for an ibogaine experience.

There are shamans who use the seeds and root bark for their visionary capabilities. In any case, I felt something last time, and it was pretty similar to the way people describe iboga, but at a much lower dose. The seeds definitely have psychedelic effects.

I'm not disputing that voacanga is psychoactive and/or entheogenic. I'm very familiar with the literature. Just that the ibogaine makes up a small fraction of the total alkaloid content, and in order to get the 250mg-1000mg of ibogaine necessary for that sort of trip..you would end up overdosing on the other alkaloids.

I'm not disputing that voacanga is psychoactive and/or entheogenic. I'm very familiar with the literature. Just that the ibogaine makes up a small fraction of the total alkaloid content, and in order to get the 250mg-1000mg of ibogaine necessary for that sort of trip..you would end up overdosing on the other alkaloids.

Ah, I see. From what I can gather, the other alkaloids are similar enough that they can produce effects very much alike, including the anti-addictive properties.

I guess any similarities are subjective. On the iboga forum (eboka.info) there are people who have tried both and dispute any iboga-like action. One thing to keep in mind is that the 'anti-addictive' aspect of ibogaine is not the total picture of the entheogenic aspect...indeed there are ibogaine analogues (18-MC) that have the addiction interrupting effects but none of the psychoactive effects. Ibogaine has complex actions in the brain and there is little out there that has the total action (psychedelic, anti-addictive, etc) of ibogaine, ibogamine, and ibogaline. The iboga plant is a very special and unique chemical factory for sure. I would cite Chris Jenks for more information, he is the foremost authority and is easy to contact if you desire.

I would be very cautious with those seeds. Don't over do it. Most people report getting sick from them and it was my understanding that they can be toxic. Just get some root bark or TA. That would probably be a better option.

Ibogaine is more like a dreamy, otherworldly, africanized psychedelic experience.

Yeah, exactly this dreamy aspect appeals me very much ... I've always been intrigued by the principle of an oneirgoenic drug, on which one could experience / induce lucid dreams while being awake, or even better, kind of immobilised like on dissociatives but mentally there.. I have very, very intense dreams from time to time up to the point to partially lucid dreams, in which I somewhat know that I'm dreaming (this usually leads to instant waking up because of excitation) but there have been sporadic ones where I was borderline-conscious and could actually control parts of the dream ... this is very exciting but also somewhat unsatisfying because I remember dreams only in the form of memories, as having them experienced, but somewhat not while they actually take part.. it's hard to put in words, if you know what I mean..

So if Ibogaine is able to induce such a state, dissociation combined with dreamy psychedelic scenes ... and the african thing to it makes me very curious too ... then I'll really have to do it one day. Unfortunately it's illegal where I live and quite hard and expensive to source ... also the narrow dosage range scares me a bit, but with gradual tapering I think one can minimise the risks as usual?

I would be very cautious with those seeds. Don't over do it. Most people report getting sick from them and it was my understanding that they can be toxic. Just get some root bark or TA. That would probably be a better option.

This would be my main thought too. Most accounts I've ever heard of people using these seeds described toxic effects occurring before significant hallucinogenic ones. I would be very hesitant to mix it with other physiologically active drugs, especially ones that remove you from the ability to monitor yourself.

I have very, very intense dreams from time to time up to the point to partially lucid dreams, in which I somewhat know that I'm dreaming (this usually leads to instant waking up because of excitation) but there have been sporadic ones where I was borderline-conscious and could actually control parts of the dream ... this is very exciting but also somewhat unsatisfying because I remember dreams only in the form of memories, as having them experienced, but somewhat not while they actually take part.. it's hard to put in words, if you know what I mean..

Keep at it. The excitement stops being a problem after you get used to it. Once it becomes stable it only goes up and up. Lucid dreams can easily be as vivid as waking life or more so, I've had ones where I was afraid to do anything crazy because they were so detailed and I was so conscious that I had a hard time convincing myself I wasn't awake until I just went for it. Back when I used to be really into it and think about it a lot I got to the point where I was having several of those a night. Now they're less common but my level of control never went away, it even continues increasing without any practice still. My lucids these days involve levels of control I never would have even thought existed before.

I remember dreams only in the form of memories, as having them experienced, but somewhat not while they actually take part.. it's hard to put in words, if you know what I mean..

I was able to achieve lucid dreaming by following a regimen of writing down my dreams as soon as I woke up. There is a window (for me anyway) of a minute or two past the time of waking where my dreams are still well remembered...and I don't know why, but the act of writing them down as soon as I awoke did whatever it did to allow me to start having lucid dreams. Plus, I have a ton of cool 'dream reports' now so try it! It took a month of so for me to finally start having lucid dreams but it is well worth the effort.

Ok, I just want to write about my experience with Voacanga Africana seeds...
I bought a Kg on ebay for less than 50$ (just byes he said... efore seeing ads where people were selling 20 seeds for the same price , LOL ) ... I got these after reading they might have anti addiction properties, and as I was interested in going through an Iboga treatment, but couldnt afford the cost (the financial one) then , I used what money I had to get these seeds...
I then was hooked on white heroin plus was doing meth (Meth=Death) as a way to not being sleepy all day long...
when I finally recdeived the package, I got kind of 'skeptikal' or not really motivated(maybe a little afraid to be totally honest) to actually try eating them...
soon thereafter, my next door neighbour , a 73 y.o. heroin and meth addict (R.I.P.) was so cold turkey because there just had been a majour police raid in most of the city (Phnom Pain, Scambodia) drug hotspots, and there was no smack around, we were all pretty badly fucked up.. I was ok as I still had some emergency gear around, but not enough to share it with the whole city, neither with an old grumpy junky (again may he R.I.P ) ... I did tell him that these seeds were related to Iboga and reportedly had anti addictive properties..., He looked at me like ' f@%k off you and your stupid seeds, Im sick, cant you see !!! grumpy grumpy grumpy.. I still left him a handfull of seeds on his table...
About an hour later , knock knock knock , on my door... It was him... her looked all excited and his mood was obviously very much uplifted compared to an hour earlier... 'what are these seeds you gave me?? I ate one (1 !!!) an hour ago, and my withdrawal symptoms, like my cramps are completely gone, then I ate another 3 and I now feel absolutely great!!! I have energy, I feel uplifted, happier, I feel like speaking to people...What are these seeds???
I was like WTF??! ONE seed??? yes he confirmed...
he then kept doing half a dozen seeds a day for 2-3 days, and had zero withdrawal symptoms, looked happy, and I even told him that he looked like he looked more like 69 than 73 ( before that he actually did look much older than 73, with long white hair and beard, and a hunch back, walking with a cane, if you didnt know the guy, you would never had guessed he was such a hardcore junky...
I then gave some to a methhead, just for scientific research purposes, he ate a dozen, and slept for 15 hours straight...
this was not what I expected would have happened, but well, being a methhead, he definitelly needed such a good rest...
Then I gave some to another couple people who were craving smack, and in both cases, their withdrawal was gone wiithin an hour, and the effects lasted for a few days, even after reusing smack in the meantime...
These effects I can affirm were the same that I finally felt for myself... Eating about 6 seeds the first time, when I woke up at night to go for a leak, knowing that I would be sick when I'd wake later in the morning... In order to not feel sick I then had these, and as expected, I was not cold turkey the next day (although not also feeling like superman) and the effects did last for a few days... Since then, I keep doing a half dozen seeds every 10 days or so, and keep doing smack and a little meth, sometimes K (man, I wish there was acid around, as Im more a psychedelich person than a junky, but there is just these 2 fucked up products readily available here)... and havent felt anywhere near cold turkey since, even when I dont have smack, I dont feel especially great, but that is just me not being high, I just am not sick because of withdrawal...
I still havent had the balls to go for the higher dosage, which apparently are psychedelic, but I also read negative experiences on them, so I just stick to these (quite amazing) anti addictive properties, and share them with people in neeed...
So, in my opinion, these seeds are definitelly interesting, and should be studied thouroughly, as an alternative to this totally evil, ultra toxic, Nazi invented methadone, which should be banned from just being manufactured , and especially for(over) prescribing it...it says on the lable that it shouldnt be prescribed for more than 2 weeks, but doctors get paid for every single dose they prescribe, and I ended up doing the shit for 3 years , with a 280 mg a day dosage, which honestly, is way too much (14 times the lethal dose)... I got off it because (or thanks to) of a girl, and I locked myself in my appartment for a week, going from 280mg a day to 0 in 24 hours... Trainspotting is a children movie compared to what I went through.. but I got off it... and the side effects were still felt month later, wiyth pain inside my nones.... the nastiest molecule..
You, you got what I need, to make me feel good, to make me feel right , Oh Voacanga!!!!