• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I want to stop bupe by my own means, maybe w/ MT-45, AH-7821(sic) or Tapentadol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully I never got constipated on opiates, not even with H. But for me, whatever side effects I did get from opiates, I got much less of with bupe.

I switched from Methadone Maintenance to Suboxone and I fucking regret it. I should have just kept tapering down my Methadone dose, 1mg a day until I got to 30-40mgs a day, then down 1-3mgs a week from there. Methadone never constipated me, ever. It did cause me to retain water weight though, that I will not deny.

Of all the Opiates/oids I've taken long term (Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Heroin, Methadone, Suboxone) Suboxone has been the only one to keep me consistently constipated. I have to be very vigilant about my diet and I've been on the drug for months. It also gives me occasional headaches.

That said, it's been very easy to jump down from 16mg a day to 14mg to 12mg to 10mg a day, in the span of a month. This gives me great hope. I know I'll be able to kick this if I stay vigilant.

However if I ever relapse one more time on Opiates down the line (after having lived clean for a while) I'm going straight to MMT and will probably be a lifer. I'm tired of binges, cold-turkeys, binges, detoxes, binges, tapers, binges, cold-turkeys, binges, maintenance, taper, repeat...

You know it. I'm lucky they consider just moving me to the pain clinic (which is next door to the ORT clinic at the hospital I go to for my 5 weekly-appointments) where I will get actually pleasant opiates since they now trust me (I don't even get piss tested anymore). I still plan on ordering some tapentadol to help me reduce the suboxone intake, I'm still in the middle of figuring it out, but I have gotten some good advice elsewhere. Especially since weirdo opioids like tramadol and tapentadol apparrently can be felt very over suboxone.

the best way i have found is taper down to 2mg/day (take like a week if you are at like 8-10/day). once you are at 2mg switch to 2 every other day for one week. then go to 1mg every other day for a week. then .5mg every other day for a week then stop. Subs have an extraordinary half life so every other day should be no big deal. That taper program worked very well for me. i was doing like 50mg/day of fent and was able to stop with suboxone and then it took me 1 month to get off of the suboxone with barely any withdraws using the above taper. with a sub taper its really important to go every other day otherwise it is going to build up in your system and jumping off will be much harder

i do not like sub, dont know why, it just feels "unhealthy" for some odd reason......so i dont know how to taper but i found that taking poppy pod(pods not seeds) tea kept me more regular than i had ever been in my life i mean like clock work full on toilet filler regular and if i had bad constipation issues i would go back on it just for that reason alone.(i would get my pods and de seed all of them pull off the crowns and stems and hand pulverize the pods and mix them together, so i had a uniform mixture from all the pods i had then i would weigh my dose, 15 grams, and grind in a mr.coffee(tm) coffee bean grinder to a fine flour like consistency, i would mix water and lemon juice, to taste(sorry no measurements im sure there somewhere tho) and let the pod flour steep in the hot (not boiling almost boiling) water/lemon juice for 15 mins , turn off the heat and let the whole thing sit overnight and in the morning reheat the mix to hot and filter through a pillowcase(hahah i know true shit tho) and viola got my goods for the day. very sedative and powerful i never nod, never not even on h(no needles tho) but i have overdosed myself(heroin, pods and fentanyl no hospital but i know when i've did to much of something) the hardest of which was a mix of this pod tea and some pea size pieces(two maybe) of alcohol extract that came from the pods i mean that stuff is strong and extremely addictive but its also very subtle so watch out.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.