• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I want to post as I withdraw from oxy. Where do I go to post?

Kismet555

Greenlighter
I’m new and confused as to which forum I should be on to discuss my withdrawal process from oxycodone.

I need to start my detox. What time is best to do it? Midday? Morning?

As as I know my end date draws near I see myself just snorting more and more. So I need to take the plunge and jump off soon. Help me decide when?

I have on hand:

35 600mg gabapentin
60 10mg hydroxyzine
6 5mg diazepam
can get 2-3 2mg of klonopin if I need it.

Do I need anything more to start?

I can go get OTC meds as needed.
Can get zofran and possibly clonodine if I ask my doctor Monday/tomorrow.

Sober living would be a good place for your experience, great community with a lot of collective experience over there.

You have solid detox supplies. If you can get the clonidine definitely get that and if you smoke cannabis definitely get an indica strain. If you start to struggle too much get some kratom but just take enough to function.

The best time to start is probably the morning but I don't think it really matters. Just whenever you start, stick to it.

You can document your progress and ask questions in Basic Drug Discussion, ask questions in Sober Living and post in the Dark Side if you are really ally struggling. Best of luck!

You have solid detox supplies. If you can get the clonidine definitely get that and if you smoke cannabis definitely get an indica strain. If you start to struggle too much get some kratom but just take enough to function.

The best time to start is probably the morning but I don't think it really matters. Just whenever you start, stick to it.

You can document your progress and ask questions in Basic Drug Discussion, ask questions in Sober Living and post in the Dark Side if you are really ally struggling. Best of luck!

I wouldn't recommend the kratom if OP is trying to get clean....yes it helps but only cos its another opiate...I mean taking a blow dose of Oxy during WDs would help as well for the same reasons but totally counterproductive to getting clean..

Just take the comfort meds and wait it out...taking any form of opiates during withdrawals is 100% counterproductive to getting clean.

Thanks for the responses. I actually had to postpone my detox because my husband is still sick with the flu and I have my 2 kids to take care of. Not the best time to start a detox. But I’ve switched from OxyContin to oxycodone only today and I’m still nauseous and sweaty. Could that be giving me withdrawal symptoms? I guess I should ask on Sober Living?

I think discussing medications and whatnot for WD is fine for Other Drugs, but a dedicated thread for longer term support while you go through WD is more appropriate for sober living.

I'm fine with leaving this up here for now as the current discussion is appropriate for this forum, but I'm also fine with moving it to SL now or later. I'll leave it up to you, kitmet.

Generally, OD is a place to ask more specific HR questions, and sober living is better for all things related to recovery and sober living. I realize it can be a little confusing, and your topic probably falls within the guidelines for either forum. But if you're ever unsure where to post something, post in Homeless, and a moderator will move your post to the most appropriate forum.

Good luck :)

Slow Mobius is a more experienced Moderator than myself but I would suggest you take a peek at TDS as well as Sober living then decide id you want to start a new thread or have this one moved to either of those sub forums. Just don't wait too long or it might get moved for you .

See what you think Kismet and Welcome to BlueLight :)

TDS: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side

Sober Living (sometimes best after you have some time clean, like a few weeks)
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living

And this is some good reading in the meantime, Opioid W/D megathread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/569872-The-Opioid-Withdrawal-Megathread-and-FAQ

Best of Luck to You!