• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I want to get off APs

greenlight204

Bluelighter
Typing this has me miserable. I don’t know if I’m schuzoaffective or not. I had a drug induced psychosis in 2015 where I minorly hallucinated and checked myself into a psych ward. At this point in 2021 my life is still changed forever. I hate myself and want to die. I abused mushrooms to get over a breakup and now it seems my brain is all sorts of fucked up. I’ve been prescribed anti psychotics, have tried 8 different ones, and am currently taking Zyprexa. It has completely ruined my body, my face, and I am now addicted to it. These anti psychotics level me out and make me feel so dull and numb. I am so fucked up. I don’t look young anymore, people are a chore, and I don’t want to do anything. I should be moving mountains at my age. I had so much going for me, a great career, and then this all happened. Taking APs makes me feel like I’m chasing the dragon, getting high. I’ve seen 4 doctors, 2 said I’m probably bipolar one said I might have a mild form of sz and one diagnosed me schizoaffective. I want to kill myself. Nobody talks to me unless I take these fucking pills, when I do it’s like I invite energy back into myself. I don’t want to keep taking fucking pills I want my brain to be normal without them. I’m fat, look so unhealthy. I used to love people now I dread everyone including my family. I’m at rock bottom. I don’t use drugs anymore, just these fucking meds and I want to be able to sustain great conversation, do work well and live life without them. I truly feel like I have been shut out of heaven, doomed and condemned to a life of eternal suffering. Killing myself would 2000000% be the better option than live this hell on earth. I can’t tell if it’s the APs that have made me this stupid anymore or if I actually have a degenerative brain disease. My doc is working to change my diagnosis but I still had the discussion and have thought I’m schizophrenic. I used to have millions of friends, so happy and lived life to the fullest. Now I get no joy out of anything

This happened to me due to PCP and ether. I’m better now, but don’t think I’ll ever get off APs.

Typing this has me miserable. I don’t know if I’m schuzoaffective or not. I had a drug induced psychosis in 2015 where I minorly hallucinated and checked myself into a psych ward. At this point in 2021 my life is still changed forever. I hate myself and want to die. I abused mushrooms to get over a breakup and now it seems my brain is all sorts of fucked up. I’ve been prescribed anti psychotics, have tried 8 different ones, and am currently taking Zyprexa. It has completely ruined my body, my face, and I am now addicted to it. These anti psychotics level me out and make me feel so dull and numb. I am so fucked up. I don’t look young anymore, people are a chore, and I don’t want to do anything. I should be moving mountains at my age. I had so much going for me, a great career, and then this all happened. Taking APs makes me feel like I’m chasing the dragon, getting high. I’ve seen 4 doctors, 2 said I’m probably bipolar one said I might have a mild form of sz and one diagnosed me schizoaffective. I want to kill myself. Nobody talks to me unless I take these fucking pills, when I do it’s like I invite energy back into myself. I don’t want to keep taking fucking pills I want my brain to be normal without them. I’m fat, look so unhealthy. I used to love people now I dread everyone including my family. I’m at rock bottom. I don’t use drugs anymore, just these fucking meds and I want to be able to sustain great conversation, do work well and live life without them. I truly feel like I have been shut out of heaven, doomed and condemned to a life of eternal suffering. Killing myself would 2000000% be the better option than live this hell on earth. I can’t tell if it’s the APs that have made me this stupid anymore or if I actually have a degenerative brain disease. My doc is working to change my diagnosis but I still had the discussion and have thought I’m schizophrenic. I used to have millions of friends, so happy and lived life to the fullest. Now I get no joy out of anything
This sounds really difficult and I'm so sorry you're going through it <3 I know it's difficult, but suicide 100 percent is not the answer.

I am struggling with this at the moment myself. While the AP's do help control my mood swings, they also seem to decrease my ability to have pleasure with anything. I am on Zyprexa and Abilify. I think I'd feel better either lowering the dose of zyprexa or just getting off of it completely. I have gained 40 pounds in a few short months, and just overall am starting to feel worse about everything.

APs are lucrative for psychiatric doctors but not your enticing as they put it on. Manage the thoughts in your head. They’re not psychotic. God put them there.

This sounds really difficult and I'm so sorry you're going through it <3 I know it's difficult, but suicide 100 percent is not the answer.

I am struggling with this at the moment myself. While the AP's do help control my mood swings, they also seem to decrease my ability to have pleasure with anything. I am on Zyprexa and Abilify. I think I'd feel better either lowering the dose of zyprexa or just getting off of it completely. I have gained 40 pounds in a few short months, and just overall am starting to feel worse about everything.
what dose zyprexa and abilify? are you still on it? are you able to get high?

what dose zyprexa and abilify? are you still on it? are you able to get high?
I was on 10mg zyprexa, 5mg abilify, and 300mg Seroquel at the most medicated. I'm no longer on it. I slowly dropped off all of them. Yeah I can get high, haven't dosed abilify or anything in at least a month.