• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I wanna try DXM

It's crap. It feels like a dirty, inferior version of MXE or ketamine. It gives me the worst diplopia (double vision) and fucks up my motor skills more than any other drug I've ever taken. 450mg had me staggering all over the place struggling to remember how to walk. The worst thing is I didn't really feel that high/dissociated - just extremely impaired. By comparison; a dose of MXE strong enough to cause that level of physical impairment would blow my head off. I'd be having out-of-body experiences and shit.

I really wouldn't recommend using DXM cough syrup for anything other than treating a cough. Get some K or MXE instead if you're looking to get high.

Stop. DXM is a wonderful drug.

Okay so what im getting so far is that guafansine is a deterent so that people wont abuse it. Is there any way to do an extraction or is it not worth it.

^ Why can't you go to your local drugstore and buy some DXM-exclusive cough syrup? You won't have to worry about guaifenesin, PLUS, when your mom or pops gets a cold, they won't have to wonder what happened to their cough medicine. It's a win-win.

^ Why can't you go to your local drugstore and buy some DXM-exclusive cough syrup? You won't have to worry about guaifenesin, PLUS, when your mom or pops gets a cold, they won't have to wonder what happened to their cough medicine. It's a win-win.
Okay ill see if i can get my hands on some soon. They keep all dxm crap behind the counters at cvs and id you to make sure youre not just trying to get high.

Hmm... back in my day, you could waltz into a drugstore and pick a bottle of DXM syrup right off the shelf. I guess they're getting savvy to us.

I personally like dxm. ill explain my last trip very briefly. Im somewhat of a novice but I am doing a 635mg 3rd plateau trip soon. My last dose was 450. I played an rpg on my 360 while I waited for it to kick in. about an hour in I felt the effects. the rpg became difficult to play, one battle would take me about 20 mins. I would think about what attack to use, then ponder whether it would be useful on such a creature, then wondered if what I was doing was right. was I a hero? or was I just in it for the battle to kill things? You tend to get lost in your thoughts. There was a scene, it was night by a lake with shooting stars or something and some peaceful music was playing. I became too absorbed in the scene and realized I didn't know what was going on anymore so I stopped playing. I then listened to my fav station on pandora, 90s alt rock. music becomes very vivid and amazing on dxm. each song that I listened to was a separate world that I traveled to in my mind. the songs only averaged 4 mins but they each felt like a full journey. I continued to let my conscious float freely until my thoughts became organized again, thus ending my trip. also make sure you trip in a dark room, dxm is much more enjoyable that way. if you feel like this interests you, go for it. just do not take my dose, you have to start out small until you understand where it will take you, then gradually build up. space your trips out at least a week also, as tolerance tends to build. you might notice a "hangover" at first, thats what I thought it was. but now I get an afterglow. the next day im slightly spaced out, but my mood is amazing. It is thought that dxm has antidepressant qualities because it increases serotonin production. good luck

Hmm... back in my day, you could waltz into a drugstore and pick a bottle of DXM syrup right off the shelf. I guess they're getting savvy to us.

in my area, at least at walmart you can. they aren't kept separate from the other cold medicines

If I could get pure DXM I would definitely be about it. I used to drink the cough syrup all the time as a teenager, but once I found a way to get other drugs the idea of downing a bottle of syrup seemed a lot less appealing.

I enjoy MXE a lot, but always found DXM to be more dissociating and out of body. Lucid dreaming and such. The highest dose I ever did was 700 mgs. It was incredible. I felt like I was surrounded by all of my family and loved ones. Everything was pure bliss. I also would get crazy open eye visuals on DXM...shadows morphing and changing, me having the ability to see things just by thinking about them,etc. Good times. I love dissociatives.

Whats k like? Im not even sure if i could get that around here.
Ketamine is everywhere.
I find it very euphoric but only in small amounts. For me, a K-hole is NOT a pleasant experience in any way. Way too dizzying. I much prefer MXE - it's more euphoric and the M-hole is really nice.

Stop. DXM is a wonderful drug.
I really don't see what advantages it has over other dissociatives.

Im getting mixed views on dxm. What are the pros and cons of the trip?
Pros:
- It's a dissociative anesthetic like K, MXE and PCP.

Cons:
- Chugging large amounts of cough syrup is disgusting and probably quite unhealthy.
- *Elevated body temperature
- *Double vision
- *Loss of motor skills
- An all-around 'dirty' feeling.

*All dissociative anaesthetics have these side effects, but with DXM they seem to be a lot worse.

Guaifenesin is not an anti-abuse additive, it's an expectorant so it's there for a reason to help you bring up phlegm. So combining high doses of DXM and guaifenesin is not really a good idea as DXM will block your cough reflex and guaifenesin will increase the volume of mucus. Also, guaifenesin and derivatives are actually quite hard on your stomach in higher doses, it may cause very unpleasant heartburn along with bloating. There is a codeine/sulfoguaiacol combo drug where I live, some people actually take it for years and say they don't have any problems with their stomachs from it, I myself took it on a few occasions when I couldn't get codeine-only or codeine/paracetamol medicines and honestly it terribly ruined the high. With DXM it might be even worse as I doubt you'd like an upset stomach during the come-up of a dissociative, and DXM is very nauseous itself anyway, so with guaifenesin you're in for a very dirty trip which might easily turn into a bad trip.

After LSD/shrooms and then trying DXM for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. It's a fairly different experience and, as someone else said, it makes music sound amazing.

if you're curious I'd try it and start with a lower dose. I didn't have any trouble with nausea from the syrup but obviously people are different.

Guaifenesin is not toxic. Friend though he overdosed on it and ended up calling Posoin control. They said that there's no lethal dose. It will cause intense nausea if you take a lot. The bottle you have is probally 20mg dxm 400mg guaifenesin per 10ml.

100mg of dxm for your first time is adequate. For me dxm makes me feel very disconnected. Also I feel drunk and a little stoned. Music euphoria also occurs for me.