• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I took a lot of dexamphetamine last night and i'm on a large dose of effexor. Help!!

Carothers

Greenlighter
Forgive me if anything is out of place this is my first thread.

Ok so i take 300 mg of effexor in the morning and 300 mg in the day for a total of 600 mg. I'm also on zyprexa 5 mg which i take at night, and a tonne of different vitamins. The last 2 weeks my pdoc prescribed me 5 mg pills of dexamphetamine and told me to take 20 mg a day to help with my concentration. When i saw him yesterday he said we'll stop that now since it's not helping my concentration much and instead gave me 0.5 mg pills of clonazepam (to take twice a day, morning and night) to help with my anxiety. So i got home yesterday and popped a clonazepam pill and my second dose of effexor for the day (300 mg).

When the afternoon came i was doing a lot of research on recreational use of dexamphetamine. So i thought why not give it a try instead of letting what ever i have left go to waste (i had about 45 pills left, that's 45 x 5 mg = 225 mg). Before i started taking them i took my night time clonazepam pill. Then i got started taking the dexamphetamine pills, swallowing some and snorting others. Somewhere in between i took another clonazepam pill (so that makes 3 all up that day) to help calm my racing heart and restlessness. After that i continued with the dex and before i knew it it was morning and i had taken all 45 pills (225 mg). I'm still awake and got no sleep yet. I'm supposed to be taking my morning meds so i took my clonazepam just now, all my vitamins, but haven't taken my effexor. I'm a bit worried to take it. Furthermore, since i take 600 mg of the stuff a day, and i took 225 mg of dex last night, i'm worried that yesterdays effexor dose might do something terrible to me.

I looked up the symptoms of serotonin syndrome and i dont have any of them. I mean i'm very fatigued and just want get some sleep some how, also i'm pretty dizzy, but that's all! So can i take my effexor (it'll be bad if i don't, it's not a drug you want to miss, especially when youre used to taking 600 mg a day), or should i got to the hospital. Again i'm not showing any odd symptoms, but i've been reading threads on line and people have died from situations just like this.

Please help!

Looks like Effexor inhibits reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine and affects dopamine, which are targets for amphetamines (NE and DA). I would recommend to skip your effexor (for today at least) and have another benzo handy in case if your restlessness grows but be aware that at the moment when the amphetamine will wear off, the benzo effect might become overpowering and you might even blackout, depending on amount taken and tolerance.

You have nothing to worry about serotonin syndrome as long as you are not popping DXM and MDMA on top of that (steer clear of 5-htp too while on Effexor).

Just monitor how you feel (go to ER if you feel like you are really losing your shit), I have taken same and even bigger amounts of D-Amp in my younger years and it was very irritating and I had shadow people at every corner and I was very close to psychotic breakdown - you will have to just ride it out.

Feel better! ;)

Don’t take the Effexor. It is contradicted in this case. Save the Klonopin for the comedown.

You can take vitamin C to speed up elimination of amphetamine.

If you can keep yourself together, but your still jacked, the zyprexa can help slow things down a bit.

If your around, let us know how your doing:

Hi there, you will want to avoid taking the klonopin during your Adderall high. It is best to wait until the Adderall fades and then use that for the comedown. Taking it prematurely confuses your body, and it starts working against itself. It is best to ride out the full extent of the Adderall and then take the Klonopin. If you start to panic too much on the adderall, alcohol in moderation helps a ton!

Thank you so much for the responses. I was kind of freaking out after i posted this, not knowing what to do, especially about serotonin syndrome so thanks for putting that to rest for me!

I took your advice and haven't taken any effexor today. I understand why now, thank you for the explanation.

I've taken some additional vitamin C now, apart from my regular daily dose. Also, i'll be taking my zyprexa in about an hour.

There's just one problem, you've all mentioned holding out on the Klonopin for now. However i was under the impression that a benzo would reverse the effects of the amphetamine... so i took one this morning and another one a couple hours ago. It's just, without my 600 mg effexor + no sleep + so much dexamphetamine in my system, i began breaking down emotionally i just couldn't take it. Mom was going to rush me to the ER but she grabbed a Klonopin and told me to take it. Since then i've been feeling pretty sweet. Now is this still the dexamphetamine high? Or is it the actual comedown? I can't tell. I mean i was kind of feeling wired all day, but i also am starting to feel helpless and emotionally fucked (could just be the lack of effexor). Please tell me it's the comedown, i don't wana know it's gonna be worse tomorrow. I already had a psychotic break last year, i can't go through another one...

If this is the comedown, i was planning on popping another klonopin tonight before bed. They are only 0.5 mg pills but my tolerance is weak on them. If this is still the high, then... shit!