• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I took 24 lyrica?

danieltee02

Greenlighter
okay so yesterday i took 20 lyrica pills 75mg each. being dumb i thought i might get high again if i took another 24... is something going to happen to me? i’ve taken 24 x 75mg lyrica pulls (lyzalon in australia) and will it get me high

Hi daniel, welcome to Bluelight :)

I don't know what your tolerance is, but that's a very high/unsafe dose for anyone, especially bearing in mind the half-life of pregabalin is pretty long (which means you're probably exposing yourself to well over 2 grams). Without taking a break, you're also much less likely to feel high.

I'm going to move this over to basic drug discussion, where you may get more feedback.

Stay safe!
CFC

Hi daniel, welcome to Bluelight :)

I don't know what your tolerance is, but that's a very high/unsafe dose for anyone, especially bearing in mind the half-life of pregabalin is pretty long (which means you're probably exposing yourself to well over 2 grams). Without taking a break, you're also much less likely to feel high.

I'm going to move this over to basic drug discussion, where you may get more feedback.

Stay safe!
CFC

Half life of pregabalin is very short only 6.3 to 11.5 hours. When addicted to them you would start to feel the wd's after 12h from last dose. Gabapentin has much longer half-life maybe you meant it?

Daniel, are you still with us? This was posted four weeks ago so feel free to give us an update.

Half life of pregabalin is very short only 6.3 to 11.5 hours. When addicted to them you would start to feel the wd's after 12h from last dose. Gabapentin has much longer half-life maybe you meant it?

I wasn't assuming he was addicted or a regular user, and he didn't mention tolerance.

Acute dose 1.5g taken 24hrs before at (worst case) 12 hr half-life = 325mg left + 1.8g (24 extra tablets) = approx. 2125mg.

I'm just erring on the side of HR and caution. Better safe than sorry etc.

Yeah, with dangerous doses of somewhat atypical drugs, You have to assume to the worst

I am always going on about acute doses of diazepam having a short duration relative to it's slow elimination yet if someone took a lot, am going to take into account it taking ~30-40hrs to eliminate half the dose