View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines I thought mushroom tolerance needed a week or more to reset

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I took 2g the other day and had eaten some of a mushroom chocolate bar like, 5 days before this, and I've never tripped harder in my life. Maybe on DMT, but it was my strongest mushroom trip and it went on for hours and hours. I even had a full stomach, though I'd waited 3 hours to take them and had them soaked in lemon juice for a little bit. It completely blew my mind. I was at the beach and suddenly I started seeing skeletons in the sand, cartwheeling kaleidoscopes, weird merging and breathing, and it just went on and on and on... I got tired of it. I was with some friends who weren't tripping and it was a pretty bad setting. I've just never had a bad mushroom trip, it always made me feel great, the potency completely caught me off guard, they're just your ordinary penis envy shrooms.

Long trips like this would probably be great with a friend or two, I had a great trip 10 years ago off 5g but they weren't that potent. My other 2 friends ate an 8th but we were all laughing out of our heads. It was like feeling on molly, really, and we felt so close and connected.

I honestly think tripping alone is the best bet for me... unless someone else is tripping. I just expected to have an uppity kind of trip but it was actually quite sedating, I felt stoned and tripping. I had smoked a little weed but barely a hit because I was on the beach and the lifeguard kept looking over at my friends and I.

So apparently mushroom tolerance doesn't build as fast as I thought. After this experience, I realize DMT is my favorite psychedelic, and I would love an endless supply of it lol. I still have an 8th of shrooms, all stems pretty much because I just took the caps. I think they're slightly more potent? There's been myths about the caps being way more potent. It'd make sense for it to be a little bit, but the stems can get pretty fat.

So yeah, badly planned trip and very spontaneous. Never trip when you're with people who aren't tripping is the lesson I've learned from this. It was a challenging trip, but I learned through it that it's time to leave my old high school friends behind, they just aren't growing up. They'd just prefer to get boozed out.

You can trip on mushrooms and acid consecutive days - the second day isn't as psychedelic but you can certainly have a jolly old time.

@BourbonMac
You cold probably trip on the 2 gm dose every weekend and have a great old time for years, but to re-virginize your brain you would take at least 6 weeks off - some people wait 6 months to make it more fresh.

Yeah it wasn't consecutive days, it was like... 4-5 days after I'd last eaten any in the form of a chocolate bar and the dose was likely 1-1.5g if I had to guess based on the effect compared to what I felt on 2g, but I really don't know. The bar didn't specify how many mg of psilo there were or anything like that. But I knew it was legit because they still tasted like mushrooms, and my burps did too. The chocolate is just like a buffer pretty much. Shrooms are tough to eat sure, but I think you'd be just as likely to have G.I upset with the chocolate bar. I ate some more the next day and it didn't really trip me out as much, but it had a nice synergy with ecstacy, which was the first time I've ever done it.

I'm not really sure if I'd want to trip every weekend lol. Maybe if I had friends to trip with, but I don't. Everyone I know who would've in the past are too afraid to trip now. I would trip on DMT every weekend though, or every day really. I had been last month with a vape pen, I guess I did it for 20-25 nights. I was terrified of this substance after a bad breakthrough attempt last year but I grew to fall in love with it and how easy it is. Mostly it was to get over the fear, but it's mentally addicting to me in a way. Want to trip balls for 10-15 minutes? Just press this little button. No bowl sandwich preparation or anything like that. I have at least one friend who would still be down to trip but ever since he witnessed my extreme DMT mental breakdown, he's afraid to take any lol. He only ever took it when he was drunk, a 10mg dose, and had no visuals. Probably the alcohols fault, 10mg gives me strong visuals, 20mg is when it get's really strong.

I'd taken 50mg on the failed breakthrough attempt, and it's likely that being on an SNRI at the time dulled it to some extent but I'm not sure. I had heavy visuals on 20mg during this same period. Since we were using a dabber, some of it was probably falling off and may not have really been 50mg in reality, so I'd have to try 70mg one day if I want to break through again, though I don't think it's entirely necessary. I'd rather use 5-MeO, but I have no clue how to get that without going to the dark web or something. Lots of psychedelics are sold on the light web despite their illegality which is a bit strange to me. I know people who have used sites like these and gotten pretty good acid or shrooms (tested the acid to be clean). I won't source ofc, and I'm in the US, so it's even stranger to me how wbesites like that can exist.

LSD is something I aught to re-try at some point. I only took it once 6 years ago, and due to this I don't really have an idea of how similar it is to shrooms. A lot of people say they feel similar while some say LSD is more euphoric and stimulating, and less harsh on the G.I obviously. I'm sure you could take it full stomach too since your tongue absorbs it, at least if it's under the tongue I suppose.

Last edited: