• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I think I've had (somewhat?) uncommon physical side effects from weed and meth

I've never heard of weed-induced head pains..

I think weed can constrict blood vessels in the brain, so maybe you have an injury or something that is being antagonized by any sort of drug use or whatever.

At least with an MRI / Catscan, if they say they don't see anything, it should clear your worries some.

I once dealt with an abnormal tingling on the back of my scalp that spread across the side of my head & behind my eye. It was spring of 2021.
I couldn't find anything online about "tingling in the head/scalp" either, except for in cases of stroke. It honestly felt like I was having a stroke or something was wrong with the left side of my brain for about a week. I had a lot of pressure on the left side of my head & thought it was going to explode at any minute. Mine wasn't a "headache" either, this felt like something I've never felt in my entire life. I also had trouble talking, walking & my vision seemed tilted or not in sync in both eyes. Idk, it was honestly the weirdest fucking feeling I've ever felt.

I just woke up one day about a week later & it was gone.

But I think mine was caused by dirty IV meth use + stress. I got a catscan done later on (looking for something else) and my brain was apparently normal, so it couldn't have been a stroke or they would have saw that I had had one. But I still have no idea to this day what it actually was or what caused it. Our bodies do some strange things some times, especially if you're under a lot of stress.

But yeah, if you have the means for it, get checked out. And if there is something wrong, they'll find it. And if there isn't anything wrong, then it should at least alleviate some anxiety.
I BET though, secretly and not in time surely statistically many people have died directly from head wounds from bars of hash.

Serious, I mean one hippy I met 2004 Danny, he F'd himself up hard younger

Speeding on motorbike mr invincible something happened swerve bridge ahead flew into concrete high speed.

Time unconscious then many breaks including an impact smash in hip from the 9-bar (9 ounces) of Moroccan hash in that pocket.

Just saying, surely somebody befell to a hard soap bar at least once.

Life has some irony and humour too because my Uncle & Aunty had this cool small sausagey dog years ago for over 10 years.

It was called "Squidge"

It passed away unexpectedly one day after my Aunty accidentally stepped on it!

So it was after all passive AF no outrunning Grim, it was appointed the right name

And promises were upheld.

i get a stabbing pain in the top left side of my head when i had my back injured worse than it is now.. i noticed if i tried to breath correctly it would go away... i have a herniated disk and some pretty bad nerve damage from getting hit by a car. my doctor said it's like i have arthritis in my back... i've gotten nose pain from smoking cigarettes before. i find cigarettes or withdrawing from alcohol would give me the symptoms a lot worse than pot... i'm getting head ache in a total different part of my head than you and have some different symptoms, but i wouldn't rule out it's some type of spinal problem because i definitely got a scary pain in my nose momentarily at one point... some people are just born with underlying problems with their back. maybe it wasn't noticable before just because you are aging or whatever and the weed or meth is stressing you out causing the problems. not sure if you have bad posture or what, but that can do it to some people...

i wouldn't rule out it's some type of spinal problem because i definitely got a scary pain in my nose momentarily at one point... some people are just born with underlying problems with their back.
I wouldn't rule it out either. I actually do have pretty bad posture, admittedly. I really should try harder to improve my posture; I don't really have an excuse not to. I have a mild case of scoliosis; I found out about it when I was about 10 when my elementary school did a routine scoliosis check on everyone. I'm only 25 but I actually do get pretty bad back pain once in a while, especially when I've been walking or standing for a prolonged period of time. It's bad enough that when I sweep the floor or wash dishes some amount of back pain is inevitable. I'm not overweight, so I guess my back pain could be much worse.

Last edited:
definitely mention it to your doctor then... they might have you do some physical therapy or suggest you stretches or something... they'll probably know more what's going on when you tell them what part of your head the pain is coming from too

maybe you should stop doing meth too
I already said I stopped doing any drugs other than weed a couple of years ago.

Once again you failed to read. Learn how to read.

I am currently sober. I use no substances at all. Get that through your head. I've made it abundantly clear.

I haven't mentioned it yet but I'll say it now: I've only used meth about ten times before in my life.

It has been years since I've done meth

Last edited:
i was just googling "will different parts of the back being damaged cause different headaches" cause i was curious... this website looks like it might have some info too https://www.medicinenet.com/what_causes_headaches_at_the_back_of_the_head/article.htm
I've had headaches in the back of my head before, and the head pain I got from smoking weed felt nothing like any type of headache.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's not some type of headache. The headache possibility is worth taking into consideration and I acknowledge that.

I think what @Mr. Krinkle is saying is: if you avoid these drugs, then there isn't a problem anymore. Right?

What you're describing sounds like hypochondria to me.

I used to get a similar fear sometimes when I had DXM. It felt like my brain was swimming in a pool of fluid inside my head and my skull had increased in size like a balloon. Occasionally, I would let myself slip into non-reality and think that something dangerous was happening to my brain.

As far as meth goes, specifically, people often get phantom symptoms. It's extremely common. I've had bumps everywhere. I developed a serious case of paranoid hypochondria that lasted years. Like I said earlier, I've had arachnids crawling inside my skin.

Lay off the weed/meth. I would also avoid: ketamine, LSD, etc.

I get headaches at the back of my head from posture and weed definitely negatively affects my posture, so that's a distinct possibility.

The problem, here, is you describing your brain being squeezed. That's going into psychosis territory.

yeah. kind of sucks if your doc decides that you should just not smoke and doesn't want to search for the real problem... maybe if you can accurately describe the headache it will be something he'll know about and can easily help you with though. not sure if any body on this site specializes in headaches... maybe you can do a better job than you did here describing by being able to point to exact locations.

The problem, here, is you describing your brain being squeezed. That's going into psychosis territory.
My "brain being squeezed" is just a metaphor. Don't take it literally.

How else am I supposed to describe what the sensation feels like?

The only way I know of to describe it is to use a metaphor.

Yeah, I get that.

It still sounds like something somebody might say when they freak out on weed.

Drugs cause all sorts of sensations. It's fodder for fear if you let it be.

My "brain being squeezed" is A METAPHOR
i can relate to that... i always say "a stabbing sensation about an inch deep" to describe my pain... obviously i've never been stabbed in the brain.

i feel like if a doctor is going to find anything it will be with your posture, or something listed on that site i linked. they say there are different back of the head head aches on that site and describe a few of them i'm pretty sure.

think about whether or not the pain is close to the outside or deeper in the head or both when trying to describe it to the doctor. just pin point the exact location too.. saying your brain feels squeezed should help too, but they are probably going to know more the closer you describe all the exact locations of feeling

If the sensation only happens when you smoke weed, you would likely need to get a scan done (like an MRI) while smoking weed.

Most doctors aren't going to take you seriously if you say it feels like your brain is being squeezed when you smoke weed.

Is the point of seeing doctors so you can smoke weed again?

Yeah, I get that.

i definitely hear people compain about headaches on weed... i never really heard of their meth symptoms though... i feel like it would be listed some where and some one here would know about it... but i guess they have anomales

Yeah, I get that.

For whatever it's worth, I've never had noticeable anxiety or paranoia under the effects of weed. Never.

I think I've had enough experience with psychedelics and edibles to say that I'm not prone to hallucinations at all. I've taken mushrooms many times, and I never got any kinds of visuals.

I've even vaped very high doses of DMT and never got any visuals or any kind of hallucination.

All DMT and mushrooms have ever done for me is make me smile uncontrollably. There were also a lot of tingly sensations whenever I've used DMT.

I'm not saying this rules anything out. I just figured I'd mention it.

Another consideration is whatever they are spraying the weed with.

Do you grow your product yourself?
If not, do you wash your product?

Is the point of seeing doctors (and getting an MRI, etc) so you can smoke weed again? Maybe just stop smoking.

If the sensation only happens when you smoke weed, you would likely need to get a scan done (like an MRI) while smoking weed.

Most doctors aren't going to take you seriously if you say it feels like your brain is being squeezed when you smoke weed.

this is exactly what i was thinking... although if it's a back problem they could do the MRI with out smoking weed... chances are if they know anything about what part of the back it would be from the headache they will just send the OP to a physical therapist to excersise, which doesn't hurt to try... they aren't going to want to pay for an MRI though.. i got hit by a car and they found i had a herniated disk and some other stuff. i had all sorts of symptoms with out weed, but they didn't do it until i complained for a couple years and tried physical therapy twice..

No. It's not like they'd fix the underlying issue.

I've already come to terms with the fact that I just probably won't smoke weed anymore.

Last edited: