• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine I think i have a new problem...

nznity

Bluelighter
Ok so as some of you may Know I've quit a heavy IV morphine habit since march 21 when the quarantine started in my country. I'm clean of opiates as of Now, no physical issues. The thing Is since the 3rd day of wd I've Been smoking crack almost Nonstop since it's fking cheap in my country(Perú). At first i thought it was to take the edge off from morphine but Now I'm craving it badly everyday. I feel fking retarded, i just traded one addiction for another. I FEEL like this Is getting out of control, i just smoked a fat rock AND I'm high as hell. Any suggestions? Words of encouragement? I feel so stupid Ugh.

Dear nznity,

you ARE not stupid. Changing one additiction into another ist in our terms totally normally, even it's not good and not healthy for you. But when somethings ran out, every addict ist searaching to cope with someone else. In your case now crack, wich is of course super-harmful for your body - try minimum too not take as much as u are used to now. Go out, the nature there is so nice, do your walks, do something which you like, meet friends that have nothing to do with drugs. Even try.

I wish you all the best and greetings from Austria <3 <3 <3

JJ

Bro you gotta quit the shit simple as that. It’s easier said then done but me and you just talked recently you need to find a healthier outlet, art, working out, God, something other then drugs. But I’m right here with you I quit for 5 days and took a oxy today.
Ok so as some of you may Know I've quit a heavy IV morphine habit since march 21 when the quarantine started in my country. I'm clean of opiates as of Now, no physical issues. The thing Is since the 3rd day of wd I've Been smoking crack almost Nonstop since it's fking cheap in my country(Perú). At first i thought it was to take the edge off from morphine but Now I'm craving it badly everyday. I feel fking retarded, i just traded one addiction for another. I FEEL like this Is getting out of control, i just smoked a fat rock AND I'm high as hell. Any suggestions? Words of encouragement? I feel so stupid Ugh.

What the hell man? Just wanted to help. If you post your questions here it's no wonder sombody replies.

JJ

And I know you are in a bad condition, that's why it's OK for me .

Ty guys for your replies @FuneralFather @JoEhJoEh btw what i am experiencing i think could be some type of gabapentin wd, I've Been taking it for 10 days or so in doses of 900-1200. When i take it i feel with Energy AND no probs at all but today that i didn't take it for 2 days i had some crippling anxiety AND coudlnt sleep last night, i was sweating aswel l AND had vivid nightmares. Ik this Is not the wd from the morphine becausr I've Been Through it like 100 of times AND it doesn't feel like this. Dam Now i Know y they say benzo wd Is cringey as fk.

Gabapentin withdrawl was one of the worst ones I went through. It’s horrid. Pregabalin is the worst I’ve ever went through though so don’t get mixed up with that shit.

You’ll get through it dude. You need to find some good distractions and taper yourself off whatever you’re on right now. You’ll get there.

Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to quit everything all at once.

It's so hard to not relapse on drugs, man, especially when you're surrounded by them.

The guilt is going to kill you dude so take it easy and just take one step at a time.

I KNOW you want to quit. There's no doubt in my mind that you can.

At the very least, I think you made a good trade. For me coke and crack was easy to stop, now you just have to deal with the mental part of addiction, which takes thinking as opposed to just willpower

I would think of it as a step towards getting where you want to be, cokes not such a huge deal if you can keep it to a minimum

At the very least, I think you made a good trade. For me coke and crack was easy to stop, now you just have to deal with the mental part of addiction, which takes thinking as opposed to just willpower

I would think of it as a step towards getting where you want to be, cokes not such a huge deal if you can keep it to a minimum
Yeah dude, i literally traded all my material possessions for another shot. I couldn't stand the pain, the sweats Ugh. Cocaine Is just mental cravings.

Through classical conditioning, gabapentin may cause a sort of kindling effect wrt getting off opioids, meaning that the stopping the gabapentin has you going into an opioid withdrawal of sorts. They overlap in mechanism. And gabapentin is used for opioid addiction, but also addiction overall. Thoughts?

Through classical conditioning, gabapentin may cause a sort of kindling effect wrt getting off opioids, meaning that the stopping the gabapentin has you going into an opioid withdrawal of sorts. They overlap in mechanism. And gabapentin is used for opioid addiction, but also addiction overall. Thoughts?
Yeah it was like day 25 AND i was like wtf am i still yawning AND have goosebumps. The anxiety though was something I've never experienced before that's when i realized it was the pentin AND not the opioids. I've Been using Cocaine just to not feel that way for a while. Although, i feel much better now. Ty yall.

Sorry to hear, mate. I feel ya. When I quit meth, I started drinking like a fish...but like worse than my current binge drinking tendencies. It was ugly.

What I did to get away from trying to drown myself was I made a very concious effort to get back into things I loved doing before the meth, which in my case was playing football and reading. Wish you the best. :)

I spent 3K on crack in a month..
Stop wile it's still time, this stuff gets at your head

hey @nznity aint no shame i've done that many upon many of times. when i quit meth it was hard for a few months until something happened in my life where i had to stop that. and then it was opioids and here i am now years later detoxed of subs and chillin. shit takes time man don't sweat it. sometimes it takes a long time to get it right but when you know it what you want and how to get it, you'll get it. keep your head up

I spent 3K on crack in a month..
Stop wile it's still time, this stuff gets at your head
Yeah , the problem Is whst u getof Cocaine with 3k i can get it with 100 bucks probably

Yea @nznity, addiction trading might as well be a card game for me and a lot of our fellow bluelight friends. Gives me an idea in fact lol.

I had a similar experience getting off suboxone, where shitty alcohol sleep was the only sleep I could get so I drank to sleep every night. Then a short while later I began taking benzos every day to avoid anxiety through the day because I just couldn't drink during the day. I continued with that pattern for a couple years until I was finally back to sleep without opiates and alcohol began to make me feel like shit. And my benzo connection dried up luckily at the same time I was stable and confident enough to be generally anxiety free. I was able to taper off the Xanax and pretty much quit drinking for several months without noticeable long term effects (im sure there are some) and got away without any benzo wd which surprised me. The key that I figured out to stopping the need for inebriation that caused me to develop dependencies, was that I was able to fix the things in life post opiates that caused me anxiety and pain. Once I was able to fix those problems the desire to drink and need for benzos went away to the point I can comfortably use them recreationally.

Everyones problems are different, so op as cliché as it sounds figure out what it is that drives you to do drugs and try and fix that. Shitty part is even without "problems" In my life I still like getting fucked up lol