• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I think I am already dead.

thats my other fear.. nursing home nightmares. i wish i knew of a facility that would house me along with lots of others like me. im afraid they'll just place me in compton or watts with a bunch of senior crackhead citizens. and THEY NEVER SHARE THEIR DOPE! jk.. anywaaaay..

@Devilinthemoon- u still hanging in there? i know ur not looking for sympathy, and this is far from that, im a HUGE advocate for euthanasia. dr K is my hero. BUT i would love to see a post from u in the future saying "i found a great doc, and i think we found a coctail of meds that are working well" but like i say, "everybody's got a story" im no worse off than anybody else.. i wish lighter sides, to all in the "dark side"

How sad that the only positive outcome you can imagine is daily doping with a variety of psychiatric drugs.

How sad that the only positive outcome you can imagine is daily doping with a variety of psychiatric drugs.

While I believe that doctors are far too willing to medicate people indefinitely for conditions which are better suited to other long-term management strategies, for a non-trivial amount of people daily doping with a variety of psychiatric drugs is an essential part of managing their mental health disorders and a cocktail which controls their disorder without too many unacceptable side effects is the holy grail.

Irony being the bitch that it is, it's often the people whose mental stability depends on daily medication who decide to go off it or can't be talked into taking it.

@lolie yeah doctors do give out psych meds too easily but what other options have they got ,as mental health budgets are seriously underfunded in my country and the u.s.a i gather.
Its been so long without being on a daily medication ive forgot what its like without them. it doesnt feel like they work but if i stopped them would i be a lot worse? probably.
I know theres a thread on this but opiates are the best thing ive found for my mental health problems but cos their illegal and expensive i cant use them indefinetly, except bupe/meth which are still better than most anti depressants/anxiety meds ime.

I am mentally addicted to marijuana. I started smoking daily in HS, basically to deal with the comedown from my ADD medication (adderall). Although, after being sober, I still want to self medicate with marijuana, and I notice myself exhibiting signs of bipolar disorder. I go into these manic phases followed by depressive, and even my GP evaluated a slight bipolar disorder. I just notice it much more when I haven't smoked any weed.

I guess my point is that the cannabis plant has helped me greatly over the years, and it really seems like I need it, which is why my mind urges to self-medicate with it constantly. I am curious if anyone else here has tried cannabis as their medication to treat their depression/bipolar disorders. From reading the posts, a lot of others sound very similar to myself.

I am mentally addicted to marijuana. I started smoking daily in HS, basically to deal with the comedown from my ADD medication (adderall). Although, after being sober, I still want to self medicate with marijuana, and I notice myself exhibiting signs of bipolar disorder. I go into these manic phases followed by depressive, and even my GP evaluated a slight bipolar disorder. I just notice it much more when I haven't smoked any weed.

I guess my point is that the cannabis plant has helped me greatly over the years, and it really seems like I need it, which is why my mind urges to self-medicate with it constantly. I am curious if anyone else here has tried cannabis as their medication to treat their depression/bipolar disorders. From reading the posts, a lot of others sound very similar to myself.

I have bipolar disorder and I absolutely loathe the feeling of being stoned. While alcohol will temporarily soothe the racing thoughts, overall it tends to make both my mania and my depression worse. Stimulants are appealing and feel good but they also tend to make things worse overall.

I guess the true measure of any drug - prescribed or otherwise - on anyone's mental health disorders is whether or not it improves their ability to function normally rather than whether they enjoy its effects. And that's probably a very individual thing. For what it's worth, the majority of pot smokers in my social circle are definitely psychologically dependent on it and smoke daily from the time they wake up until the time they go to bed. They clearly enjoy the feeling of being stoned but it definitely doesn't improve their ability to function normally.

I have bipolar disorder and I absolutely loathe the feeling of being stoned. While alcohol will temporarily soothe the racing thoughts, overall it tends to make both my mania and my depression worse. Stimulants are appealing and feel good but they also tend to make things worse overall.

I guess the true measure of any drug - prescribed or otherwise - on anyone's mental health disorders is whether or not it improves their ability to function normally rather than whether they enjoy its effects. And that's probably a very individual thing. For what it's worth, the majority of pot smokers in my social circle are definitely psychologically dependent on it and smoke daily from the time they wake up until the time they go to bed. They clearly enjoy the feeling of being stoned but it definitely doesn't improve their ability to function normally.

If I can have some CBD everyday, it helps level out my manic/depressive ups and downs. I think THC can make it worse, gives you racing thoughts and the 'stoney' feeling. I just wish it were legal, and in a pill or something. God would that help me.

If I can have some CBD everyday, it helps level out my manic/depressive ups and downs. I think THC can make it worse, gives you racing thoughts and the 'stoney' feeling. I just wish it were legal, and in a pill or something. God would that help me.

not bipolar or m/d but smoking top shelf pot makes me paranoid, and gives me not so good thoughts.. but i still decided to get my medical mj card (for the variety and convenience) but what i do love is the edibles. so i just buy either the cannabis butter or oil and make my own.. eases my mind and my nerve pain (slightly)

LEGALIZE not LEGAL LIES!!

Charles Manson said that you can't kill someone who is already dead! So hey man you can do whatever you want in life without worrying about your situation getting any worse! And when you finally reach the end of your long life, maybe you will turn into a ghost and haunt someones house!