• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I started taking Quercetin does it Inhibit CYP3A4 and effect Opioids?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I purchased a bottle of Quercetin and Bromelain. I have started reading about the Side-Effects and came across an Article referring:

"Drug Interactions with Quercetin
While the clinical significance has not yet been established, Quercetin has been shown to inhibit P-GP, a transporter that affects blood levels and central nervous system levels of certain drugs. As a result of this inhibition, it may be possible that Quercetin can decrease blood levels but at the same time increase central nervous levels of fentanyl, morphine, methadone and possibly oxycodone. This could result in either increased or decreased therapeutic effect and/or side effects."

I then came across a few posts on Bluelight here stating it is strong CYP3A4 Inhibitor when doing Google Searches for more answers to my concerns about the fact I'm on both Benzos and Opioids that would be affected by CYP3A4 and by Quercetin itself according to that Article. I'm just hoping the effects are not going to make my Opioid stronger then it's not going to be dangerously strong I assume? I'm hoping if the Quercetin makes it weaker that it is a strong CYP3A4 Inhibitor and will make it last longer.

It says you should only be taking Quercetin Supplements for 12 Weeks at a time and then take breaks in between 12 Weeks of use each time. Yet how long do I know to wait before using it again do I simply just use it on for 12 weeks and then off for 12 and rinse and repeat?

I'm planning to take it mainly for lung issues but it seems to have a lot of other benefits too so I figure it's not a bad thing to use but apparently it's not as simple as I thought it would be before I Purchased the Supplement.