• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I seem to have a physical dependency to Xanax, advice needed

Kurtz

Greenlighter
For the past 2.5 months I've been taking 0.5-1mg of xanax, roughly 4 days per week, and not always on consecutive nights. I was fine until a few days ago but now experience insomnia, sweats, mild heart palpitations and irritable tingling feeling in my arms and legs if I haven't had any. I hadn't realised that this level of dosing could even lead to dependency?
Can anyone advise the best way to withdraw? Is it safe to go cold turkey, and if so, how long will it last? Or should I taper, if so, then I'd appreciate advice on how to go about this and how long for.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice you may be able to offer.

You really don't need to taper, that's a small dose and wasn't even consecutive.

OK, that's good to know. The most I've consecutive days I've had them is 4 or 5 and that was last week. So if I go cold turkey, how long can I expect the withdrawal symptoms to persist for? Thanks.

So should this just be a matter of body tremors and insomnia for a couple of days then?

is it only one dose per day or multiple doses in each of the 4 days out of the week?
well IMO you can be exp the first signs of WD and they will get worse the more you keep using
the sad truth is this is exactly why people get hooked prolonged use the anxiety comes back even stronger so what do people do?
take more and more and more until its to late
thats why benzos prescribed for short term and as needed
i would cut back to 3 days then 2 then 1 etc i never rec anyone going cold turkey from benzos as some might be able to handle it and some wont to hard to tell

and the shit with benzos it can take months up to years trying to taper off not like alcohol or heroin for example where in most cases a week or so

Getting off from them is of course the first part but after that you will have to deal with the issue you were taking the Xanax for of course.

May I ask you what it was for as I and other bluelighters might be able to help you to decide what is the best way of treating it without dealing with benzos or atleast keeping the use as minimal as possible?

Getting off from them is of course the first part but after that you will have to deal with the issue you were taking the Xanax for of course.

May I ask you what it was for as I and other bluelighters might be able to help you to decide what is the best way of treating it without dealing with benzos or atleast keeping the use as minimal as possible?

i reckon anxiety and or panic ?
plenty of herbal or other stuff to help with anxiety my go to besides benzos are anti histamines like promethazine hydroxine
hydroxine has continued to work for me without much issues and no WD as it works different from benzos