• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I realized powder will take up room in my jar when making my solution. Is my liquid/powder math correct?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I require help verifying my math to be sure its correct? I need my solution accurate as possible.

Please help with a math question. I was making a 309mg solution I realized adding powder to liquid will increase the volume hence the solution will be slightly lower in potency than intended. So I googled the weight of propylene glycol to figure out the math to make a more accurate dose. I’m not sure if my math is correct though can anyone verify please?

1ml propylene glycol weighs .965g

THE powder used weighs .309g

For a solution of 5mg/ml I put .309g powder into 62ml propylene glycol

Weight is .309g powder + 59.8g propylene glycol (62x.965) or total weight of 60.109g

So actual volume of solution in mls is 60.109g ÷ .965g = 62.29ml (powder upped volume by .29ml)

So adjusted dosage of my solution is 309mg powder ÷ 62.29m. = 4.96mg/ml

Let me know if my math above ^ is incorrect thank you.

Any opinions on whether my math is correct or if the amount of powder in the jar will make a difference? I plan to add 300mg or 0.3gram in a jar with 30ML of PG to make a 10MG per 1ML solution.

I need as accurate as possible for weaning down hence I need to know if my math is correct or not if someone can help please I'm worried it will be inaccurate?

Not using my math above when making a solution that was 300mg solution in 30ml was definitely weaker by enough to really mess with me through physical and mental withdrawal.

If the amount of powder does increase the volume significantly then you have to account for that. Measure the volume of liquid before and after and it'll completely solve the issue

My approach to this problem is to add 30ml of PG to the empty bottle, apply a small square of masking tape to the outside of the vial and mark the level of the liquid on the tape with a felt tip pen.
Then remove some PG, add the powder, and carefully add PG until you reach the mark.

@Phobos @falsifiedhypothesi
I only need help with the math question I originally asked about. Can nobody help me figure out if it’s correct?
Thanks for both replies but the problem is...

I'd lose a small but enough liquid adhesion to the jar & oral syringe I'm using so that wouldn't work. It would be very tedious to do also and... I've thought of doing that but the liquid difference is not that much between a solution with my math and without my math if my above math is not incorrect.

I need to make a new solution A.S.A.P. my last 297mg solution I made is running low... please help me as I can't lower my dose due to slight withdrawal each time I make a new solution. If my math is correct I'm taking roughly bit less than 12.5mg daily Norflurazepam dose.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm tired I hope it makes sense.

If you're having this much trouble with very saturated small volume solutions then maybe it would be best to scale up the amount of liquid you're using so the bulk powder has a lesser effect on the concentration

@falsifiedhypothesi If my math is correct my solution is 5mg per 1ml & I'm using (roughly) 13mg of Norflurazepam daily so I'm consuming 2.5ml of propylene glycol daily... again assuming my math is correct? I can't imagine lowering my solution further would make a notiecable difference?

Would reusing the same jar for each solution help or posting a picture of the jar and syringe I use or any other factors that might causing my problem assuming my math is correct?

Another reason
I need help with the math is If I get a stomach bug like I was 1-3x once a moth for 4-5 days of puking
I'm worried I won't be able to stomach that much liquid especially if I make it weaker than 5mg per 1ml I was hoping to be able to make a 10mg per 1ml solution as I describe in this thread.

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm starting to feel utterly hopeless that I'll fix this problem I'm scared & don't know what to do?

The reason changing your solution would make a difference is, because you use such a high milligram concentration per milliliter, it causes the powder to increase the volume of the solution to a significant degree. If you were to use the same amount of powder but twice the amount of ppg then the powder will have a more negligible effect on the concentration.

The downside is that you have to take twice the amount of solution to get the same dose, the upside is that you don't need to calculate precise volumes of ppg and don't have to worry about your solution being too strong because you miscalculated the volume when creating the solution.

Do you see what i'm saying? Just double the amount of ppg and use the same amount of benzo that you always do, then you don't have to stress about miscalculations because the powder will have a lesser effect on the volume/concentration of solution.

@falsifiedhypothesi I understand 100% what your telling me. Problem is if my math is correct then it could another problem... I'm fairly sure my math is correct but idk? An example perhaps I need to buy a different scale I got a GEM50 it's cheap with a 50g capacity

The scale is in the corner of a shelf away air currents in my closet + I wear a mask. I used a liquid level thing to make sure my shelf surface is even. I warm up the scale for 60 seconds before use & its away from electronics.
Everything the instruction manual says to do.

If I can confirm my math is right than I can start looking at other factors. But I only got like until thursday maybe friday before I got to make a new solution idk.

I read on amazon 1 reviewer saying a different scale than mine among many other aspects affecting the scale is this:

" I believe that when the lid is lifted up, it is exerting some strain onto the base itself. The distortion on this is enough to change the scale reading from 0.000g to 0.016g. So there is a design flaw with the lid where the tension affects the readings. +/- 0.016 g."

@falsifiedhypothesi I understand 100% what your telling me. Problem is if my math is correct then it could another problem... I'm fairly sure my math is correct but idk? An example perhaps I need to buy a different scale I got a GEM50 it's cheap with a 50g capacity

The scale is in the corner of a shelf away air currents in my closet + I wear a mask. I used a liquid level thing to make sure my shelf surface is even. I warm up the scale for 60 seconds before use & its away from electronics.
Everything the instruction manual says to do.

If I can confirm my math is right than I can start looking at other factors. But I only got like until thursday maybe friday before I got to make a new solution idk.

I read on amazon 1 reviewer saying a different scale than mine among many other aspects affecting the scale is this:

" I believe that when the lid is lifted up, it is exerting some strain onto the base itself. The distortion on this is enough to change the scale reading from 0.000g to 0.016g. So there is a design flaw with the lid where the tension affects the readings. +/- 0.016 g."
Please consider that the drug you have is of unknown purity, and this may affect the potency per ml of your solution much more than a small mistake in the calculation of the amount of solvent needed.

@Phobos Its a possibility... can you think of no other explanations. How likely is my scale called smart weigh premium (gem50)? As I highly doubt purity is the cause. If your familiar with the RC scene & who I ordered it from you'd probably agree with me idk.

I forgot to mention I wear a face mask when using my scale too. I've also noticed a huge difference between using my math vs. not using my math.

Last edited:
@Phobos Its a possibility... can you think of no other explanations. How likely is my scale called smart weigh premium (gem50)? As I highly doubt purity is the cause. If your familiar with the RC scene & who I ordered it from you'd probably agree with me idk.

I forgot to mention I wear a face mask when using my scale too. I've also noticed a huge difference between using my math vs. not using my math.

That type of scale can be wrong by up to 5mg although usually it's more like 2mg.
I'm not saying your supplier is heavily stepping on the product, but that even what he gets himself will not be 99.99% purity.
My point is that you will get the solution done as accurately as you can given the circumstances, but given the scale you're using, the unknown purity (even the difference between 95% and 98% can be a factor, although small), you will not be able to get close to knowing how much you have in a ml with 100% accuracy.
You should just accept this and adjust the dosage based on how hard the withdrawals hit you, and then titrate down from there.

Anyway yes, your math is correct, I recommend you follow the advice given by @falsifiedhypothesi and double the amount of solvent to reduce the impact the powder's volume will have on the final concentration.

@Phobos Thank you just to be clear your talking about variance in potency in the same batch of norflurazepam powder not between new batches correct?

Also the withdrawal I get is so slight it's literally just enough not to let me lower my dose but also not feel like total hell. If I upped it then well I'd be upping the dose each time I make a new solution it would undo all my progress ... this a total nightmare idk what to do now.

As I said just the slight mg dose difference of not using my math has a big effect.

It takes days roughly 5 to BEGIN to notice a decrease OR increase in dose to similar to how it can take 2 days for clonazepam withdrawal to become really noticable and it increases dose up by 1.5-2x dose after taking it a few days. As @Lorne??? explained it when I talked to him about it.

I'm so tired sorry for any typos & grammar errors.

Last edited:
@Phobos Thank you just to be clear your talking about variance in potency in the same batch of norflurazepam powder not between new batches correct?
I was talking about variation in potency between batches and that there is no way for you to know how pure the powder that you have now is.
The important part is to know many mg of powder are in a ml so you can ballpark how many ml you need to avoid withdrawals, but it will need to be adjusted based on how you respond.

I was talking about variation in potency between batches and that there is no way for you to know how pure the powder that you have now is.
The important part is to know many mg of powder are in a ml so you can ballpark how many ml you need to avoid withdrawals, but it will need to be adjusted based on how you respond.
Well shit considering I've been using the same batch since 7/28/20 nearly 2 years now I can confidently say that its not potency variation in the batch of norflurazepam powder I got.

Say you want 1mg/ml

When mixing add the whole amount of powder into the measuring container, then top up with PG until you get the amount of liquid you want.

So add your 100mg powder, then pour the Pg up to the 100ml line

Am I over simplifying this?

Yeah, I thought so.

So 309mg powder at 5mg/ml

309/5 = 61.8ml total

So put the powder in the measuring container, then top up to 61.8ml

Is that right?

Yeah, I thought so.

So 309mg powder at 5mg/ml

309/5 = 61.8ml total

So put the powder in the measuring container, then top up to 61.8ml

Is that right?
Liquid first. Then powder. If OP is using PG it will need to be heated.