• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I overcame my fear of sex by taking ketamine!

misplaced energy

Bluelighter
So.... around 18 months ago i was raped.
Since then I've had little to no sexual desire. I have had sex on occasion but didn't find it enjoyable and ultimately began to avoid it at all costs.

Anyway recently i started to dabble a little with with ketamine.
This particular night i had taken speed also which is a rarity for me but i feel it may have played a part as i know my sex drive is increased somewhat when i take amphetamines.

Back to the Point...I went into a k hole with my friend. When i started to come round i had an insane feeling. I was so incredibly horny. No idea where it came from... the trip wasn't Anything i would consider sexual and Id been laying on my bed and he in the computer chair controlling the music so he was not close enough for physical contact.

I made my friend aware of this fact for some reason. Like it was so intense it burst out of me however i did not in the slightest Have any sexual feelings or general attraction to him whatsoever.
He's a long term trusted friend and nothing has never happened between us before.

He made a move. I was happy with it. We didn't have sex but we explored each other and kissed. It felt amazing.

The following weekend i was eager to try again as this feeling inside me had been gone for so long.
Usually i would Wait a few months before taking ketamine again but i had some left over and I'd spent the entire week fantasizing about that night. I felt as if something had been unlocked and i was now a sexual being once again.
We did end up having sex however it wasn't after we did the k, we did all the fun stuff again after the k but waited until the following evening to have sex. I felt at ease and it felt good.

Is this a normal side effect of ket? I dont have huge amounts of experience with it.
Could it just have been me?
Has anyone else experienced a similar feeling after taking ket?

i've not had a comparable experience, but it sounds like you got some genuinely therapeutic effects from it - i'm really pleased to hear that.
sexual assault can be really hard to heal from, and some people find that it really ruins or complicates sex for them.

i've never really heard of people using dissociatives increasing to increase sexual desire, but they're strange and quite unpredictable drugs that can have all kinds of effects on people.
i think sometimes you are just dissociated enough from your regular response to emotions and physical sensations that it can help you process emotional blocks or trauma - i think that kinda sounds like what happened to you, which is pretty cool.

I felt at ease and it felt good.

that's great - i'm really happy to read that you got such effects from the experience. it sounds like you had a good time :)

Last edited:
Oooh trust me i really wasn't expecting it at all. It was a very nice side effect. Especially around someone i trust also. Helped me overcome a lot and he's aware of this.
Your reply is spot on. I would never have thought about the dissociative effects cutting me off from my biggest fears and insecurities.
It was very therapeutic though for me. Definately a drug to be respected and i am very thankful for the experience.

Thanks for the reply