• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need a 100% legal drug that doesn't make you wake up all fatigue in the morning wanting to go back to sleep, anyone?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
Sometimes I try to wake up at 7am to get ready to go to work. And end up napping untill 12am

There's gotta be some sort of 100% legal drug I can take that can help with this.

Something I can buy at a vitamin store with no prescription

Anyone got any recommendations

Hmmm

What Mr. Krinkle said.

The self-starting coffee maker is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. When I smell that freshly brewed coffee aroma I get right up-- no matter how sore&tired I am.

Then again, I'm a total coffee fiend, especially on workdays. Not only do I have 2 or 3 cups (with cigarettes) within the first hour of the day, I drink another 10 to 12 cups throughout the day. I cut way back on my off days-- I have only 8 to 10 cups total before switching to beer.

I find kratom to be even more effective than coffee for actually waking up. It's fairly gentle adrenal stimulation, not tweaky like caffeine, but very effective.

If I only sleep 3 hours and have to wake up, kratom is my choice (well I actually drink both every morning lol, but only half a cup of coffee). I will actually feel awake, not tweaked but still tired like coffee.

The only downside being that it only lasts about 2 hours before the stim effect wears off.

Kratom works for that i suppose.

One of the few drugs that works before bed and and first thing in the morning. Of course, its not exactly a perfect drug
In my experience, kratom keeps me awake at nights from the minor stimulation, and the increase in pleasure of awake activity.

I think it's a real ymmv type thing.

In my experience, kratom keeps me awake at nights from the minor stimulation, and the increase in pleasure of awake activity.

I think it's a real ymmv type thing.

Interestingly it is among the few opioids that i can take before bed and sleep normally. Perhaps it is because it is less dopaminergic than other opioids (being even somewhat antidopaminergic) and likely also due to its relative lack of itching compared to other opioids. It also lacks any noticeable effect on respiration like heroin, which seems to induce a sort of ataxic breathing that can sometimes cause you to suddenly wake up.

Occasionally kratom can make sleep difficult for me, especially with the kratom extracts and the white veined strains. But compared to other opioids i find it least offensive in that regard (and I'm an unusually light sleeper).

Of course when you get addicted to opioids you begin to sleep find on them anyhow.

Assuming you can get about 8 hours, melatonin should help you sleep and sleep well so you can get up and function.

Coffee can help get you functional if you can at least drag yourself out of bed. Make it the night before and leave it in the fridge if you won't be functional enough to make it when you get up.

I find kratom to be even more effective than coffee for actually waking up. It's fairly gentle adrenal stimulation, not tweaky like caffeine, but very effective.

If I only sleep 3 hours and have to wake up, kratom is my choice (well I actually drink both every morning lol, but only half a cup of coffee). I will actually feel awake, not tweaked but still tired like coffee.

The only downside being that it only lasts about 2 hours before the stim effect wears off.
Holly crap, I thought kraytom was supposed to help you sleep

No wonder I stayed up all night after taking 50

Holly crap, I thought kraytom was supposed to help you sleep

No wonder I stayed up all night after taking 50

it's simultaneously both stimulating and sedating, sedating mostly in higher doses.

but just like real opioids it can also keep you from sleeping at any dose

when I had no tolerance to kratom/opioids, it would prevent me from sleeping for about 3-4 hours

these days I can sleep after about 90 minutes after dosing large

Valdoxan/Agomaletine at 9 PM, go to sleep at 10 PM, wake up refreshed at 7 AM, decent coffee and you are rolling ready for business at 8 AM.

It’s also remarkeable how basic sleep hygeine measures help getting to sleep and waking up refeshed. Going to bed same time every night in a cool room covered by a light blanket or quilt with just enough weight you feel snug etc

It’s also remarkeable how basic sleep hygeine measures help getting to sleep and waking up refeshed. Going to bed same time every night in a cool room covered by a light blanket or quilt with just enough weight you feel snug etc
very very true!

also regular exercise, specifically aerobic, and I never have major sleep issues at all even after years of benzo/alcohol/drug abuse

it's simultaneously both stimulating and sedating, sedating mostly in higher doses.

but just like real opioids it can also keep you from sleeping at any dose

when I had no tolerance to kratom/opioids, it would prevent me from sleeping for about 3-4 hours

these days I can sleep after about 90 minutes after dosing large
Same here.

covered by a light blanket or quilt with just enough weight you feel snug etc
I've started using a weighted blanket and it's amazing. Especially when I'm feeling stressed out before bed. It's inconveniently warm in spring and summer, and at least a bit into fall, but not nearly so much as piling enough regular blankets and comforters on to get a similar someone is hugging me effect.

Short acting hypnotic before desired sleep time and amp in the morning. Set the alarm 45 min before you want to wake up and take the amp snooze until it wakes you.. sorry legal but you will have to get your ass outa bed to get a script.

May need a sleep study as you sound like you may have a latent circadian rhythm.

Last edited: