• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I made this!

Moreaux you just keep coming up with the surprises! I love black and white paintings.<3

Lol - thx! I'm not very good with people so it's almost always black and white or monochromatic so I can kind of cheat.

OMG I can relate. My in person social skills are terrible, unfortunately alcohol and benzos were my only cheats. I'm so awkward in real life, it's something I actively work on. BL has helped tremendously.

A few other paintings...

K6Xb0ys.jpg

oMWSN2n.jpg

6IBUSXE.jpg

k7YzYeH.jpg

ap65NAC.jpg

m8wmXjT.jpg

All but the last one are very large. The ones that depict actual subject matter were done sober...the abstracts, not very sober lol. Doing art high or drunk worked well for a number of years and then became impossible.

Moreaux -

Your paintings are a-mazing. I LOVE the first one. But they are all great!!!

- VE

I like that fox :)

Sometimes I wish I had a cuddle-friendly-fox (if they even exist) :( :\

The fox painting was an Anthropologie Ad that incopy. I saved several of their older catalogues (they used to be so ethereal and artistic) and copy those for practice. I wish I could come up with subject matter like that myself.

When I lived in Greenville, NC there was a field in front of the house inwas renting. There were two baby foxes and I was lucky enough to watch them grow into adulthood. They got desensitized to me enough that they didn't mind me hanging out and watching them play, but I never tried to get too close. They were so cute. I've seen foxes in our area in ILM but it's so over developed that they always seem to be passing through to get near he intwrcoastal waterway where there are still trees, at least for the time being.

I think if you find one as a baby you could end up with a snuggle. I have known people who have rescued baby squirrels, raccoons, etc who end up taking care of them permenantly and they are quite affectionate.

I dunno if any of you are into that fairy garden trend, or mini gardens in general, but I got pretty into it this past summer and set up an etsy store to sell stuff I made.
Here's one of my fairy cottages.. my first one actually. It took a couple weeks to make, but it really helped me stay mindful when I was working on it. Now I'm not working on anything, and I feel pretty empty. What do you guys think?

il_570xN.1060625272_obr6.jpg

That is fucking wicked cool feedthesoul! Nice work :) I'd totally buy one of those if I had the spare change! Well, and if I lived somewhere with a garden :(

The fox painting was an Anthropologie Ad that incopy. I saved several of their older catalogues (they used to be so ethereal and artistic) and copy those for practice. I wish I could come up with subject matter like that myself.

When I lived in Greenville, NC there was a field in front of the house inwas renting. There were two baby foxes and I was lucky enough to watch them grow into adulthood. They got desensitized to me enough that they didn't mind me hanging out and watching them play, but I never tried to get too close. They were so cute. I've seen foxes in our area in ILM but it's so over developed that they always seem to be passing through to get near he intwrcoastal waterway where there are still trees, at least for the time being.

I think if you find one as a baby you could end up with a snuggle. I have known people who have rescued baby squirrels, raccoons, etc who end up taking care of them permenantly and they are quite affectionate.

MAWH! =D I have (or had) a relatively (somewhere, I know not where) who had a de-skunked skunk as a pet. Apparently they are super loyal pets. I would KILL for a pet squirrel or fox! Don't know about the raccoons though, they are kinda nasty beasts, but they are super cute (just as long as you don't piss them off) ;)

I dunno if any of you are into that fairy garden trend, or mini gardens in general, but I got pretty into it this past summer and set up an etsy store to sell stuff I made.
Here's one of my fairy cottages.. my first one actually. It took a couple weeks to make, but it really helped me stay mindful when I was working on it. Now I'm not working on anything, and I feel pretty empty. What do you guys think?

il_570xN.1060625272_obr6.jpg

That's beautiful! It's so serene, I love it! My husband and I are going to put a pond in our backyard next year - I would love to have one for that area. Would you mind posting or pm'ing a link to your store?

I haven't posted any of my art to this site, but here's a painting I've been working on. I'm stuck and need to get he motivation to finish it. It's acrylic on canvas, 48 x 36.

V2Sv6NG.jpg

Moreaux, what an incredible piece indeed. You're a wonderfully talented artist. You've inspired me to pick up my paintbrush again. Considering I've officially put the drugs down I may as well - thank you for inspiring me to do so.

I love the idea of this thread, I'll definitely be contributing in the future. Motivation is near nil right now, however heres one for the moment:

2zgg521.png

I cant summon the motivation to finish poems these days so I tend to work in single stanzas inspired by images. I'll come back to them when my system gets back to normal - I'm still in withdrawal but I'm happy to be sober. Hope everyone is doing well.

^That is a really beautiful poem and I like the way you typed it out in that shape.

@feedthesoul: those are adorable. keep making them...they will probably sell really well around the holidays.

@Moreaux: I hope you make time for painting--you are really talented!

^That is a really beautiful poem and I like the way you typed it out in that shape.

@feedthesoul: those are adorable. keep making them...they will probably sell really well around the holidays.

@Moreaux: I hope you make time for painting--you are really talented!

@herbavore: Thank you so very, very deeply indeed. You have made my day my friend. Some other efforts of mine, albeit all unfinished but I sure am glad I began these during my last sober stint so that I'm not starting off with a blank canvas (blank canvases frighten me these days what with the lack of motivation):

16c18yh.png

This should be written as:

"Lone the hours of Light and Nightmare
'Twixt the planes of Wake and Dream,
Blazing solemn midst the Astral
All creation came to Be."

Not merely for fact I feel it reads better but the meaning bares more accuracy - Wake and Dream seeming correctly described as planes of existence just like the Material/Physical and Astral/Metaphysical planes of being; states of consciousness. I'll correct it in my upcoming edit which is to include at the very least an additional stanza with high hopes for a third.

14idag2.png

nv7ipk.png

n18jdf.png

vdeqo8.png

205tx5l.png

2h5jmg6.png

Rather than the unnecessary annoyance of a double post I'll edit this one to include further pieces instead. I dabble in almost every creative and artistic medium: my own musical project (entitled [vvytchfyndr] within which I play all the instruments and layer them over each other although its just in its infancy), painting in various mediums/charcoal/etching etc, designing clothing, jewelry, photography, interactive fiction and basically anything to busy myself and make me feel like I'm worth something - that someday someone will see that behind the pain of crippling depression there was competence...that I wasn't just lying in bed all day; that I was able. That I was capable. That I was of worth. Christ aliiive why am I talking of myself in the past tense as if I'm dead. Pardon me. I'll have to put a halt to that; depressing as hell considering I'm very much alive.

However in terms of Literature (the creation of which I see more as an aspiration as opposed to describing my prior efforts as anything other than attempts) I like to dabble not only in Poetry but Philosophy also, so i'll post some of that too and I'd love some feedback no matter how harsh as long as its constructive.

Also, more recently I've been sketching out the beginnings of some semi-autobiographical graphic novels based on true events/some of my own experiences at rock bottom, recovery, relapse and the current road to recovery following said relapse (not to mention that ache of self-loathing that comes with having let the self down after nearing three years of abstinence), along with all the raw and darkly interesting stories that manifest whilst living that crap lifestyle...something positive must come from all of that pain. you must manifest this positive outcome through an act of supreme Will, because unless you do it shall remain a period of life you have needlessly wasted - but it doesn't have to be like that. I'm so very thankful my mother read to me and encouraged me to read and paint and explore my creativity at such a young age, lest I'd lack the means to communicate the lessons I've gained through the pain and suffering I experienced for all those years until I was finally ready to awaken from that opiated daze; that blurry slumber.

Needless to say I lapsed into something of a ramble here tonight, however I feel this is a good sign...I'm beginning to feel again. No longer numb, my emotions are resurfacing. I'm beginning to feel less like a parched vampire constantly on the brink of death and more human as the days dawn...writing somewhere other than my journals and interacting with regular people again...

Thank you for your time, friends. I hope this evening finds you well.

Last edited:
I love it that you feel inspired by so many different art forms, from music to painting, printmaking (that was my major in college-- I miss it) to poetry. I like the second one down (Within the fury of unfurling worlds....) so much so that I copied it and put it on the little altar I have for my son. That's how I picture his existence now....in the infinite multiple worlds.<3

@endlessnameless- thank you for sharing! Your poetry is very unique and I love the way you present them.

@Toothpastedog - that looks very peaceful indeed.

Bump..... Going to share some stuff here, so I need to post to motivate myself..