L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I love my girlfriend so much but she's driving me insane

Foerock

Bluelighter
Okay so we both live in rehab. I'm just living here cause I finally found a center with a cool program director who understands me after being thrown around from rehab to rehab to psych ward to rehab for six years. My problem is heroin. She has been here for 7 months (for meth) and has just started to volunteer work at the center.

I cannot mention names or locations due to confidentiality.

Problem #1: She had hid her meth use from everyone and told them she was an alcoholic out of shame. She confided only in me. They already suspected her. I lied to cover up for her once, twice, thrice, and so on and so forth. Including to the program director whom I have a "no bullshit no lies" deal with. So I broke my own promise for her. We were at a resort for a weekend pass, and we got separated. She had no phone. I frantically looked for her for two hours and was worried sick. Found out later she literally saw me pass by her (and I did NOT see her) and she never even said "hey". She took a cab back to the center crying telling everyone I was "ignoring her because I had 'other plans'"; so pure paranoia there. Program director was there and I ended up telling him this girl's paranoid and I think I know the reason. It slipped. So he asked and I told him all about her meth use and how I think it may have contributed to paranoia. She did, after all, accuse me of cheating every time I went to do laundry. Yes, laundry, takes 15 mins, and she though I was getting my dick sucked. Anyway I went and told her "THEY KNOW ABOUT YOUR PAST METH USE. COME CLEAN TOMORROW". She said she would. Next day comes, program director asks everyone "does anyone need to practice some honesty? Anyone have anything to tell me?" Nothing. She stays quiet. Then when she got punished, I was the ultimate back-stabbing betrayer who "cannot be trusted" even though I TOLD HER THAT I TOLD THEM AND TOLD HER TO COME CLEAN. Moving on.

Problem #2: After a yelling battle break-up (which she started by raising her voice first screaming "WE'RE DONE!", we get back together. I take her on day pass. She's getting her hair done. Guy says it will take one hour. I tell her I'm gonna go check out ASUS ROG and take a shit. She freaks. I said don't worry I'll be back in 30 mins. I was back in 34 minutes (I have a watch and a phone, she has neither). She's gone. I ask the salon did she wait for me? No sir she just left immediately. Okay. I look for an hour. Finally get the admin to PAGE THE ENTIRE MALL asking for her to come and she shows ten minutes later. So far she has claimed that I was gone for 2 hours, 1 hour, 45 minutes, then she upped it to 53 minutes(where is she getting these numbers?!?). Hair salon people we're totally on my side till she yelled at them, which made them scared cause she was making a scene. To top it off, after we got back, she tells everyone I left her to SHOOT METH and her "proof" is that I bought a bottle of water and nail clippers. WHAT? Yeah apparently the clippers were to open the meth bag. Funny cause they weren't open themselves. So I get drug tested. Surprise, surprise, I'm negative. She gets punished again for this by the center. She breaks up with me.

Now I'm a loverboy. And it was real awkward being around her all hateful. She made more snide comments and I ignored. At first I said this won't work, but then loverboy gave her his old phone and I got back with her thinking now that she has a phone these episodes won't happen. We lived a peaceful two weeks, and last night she starts rambling about how simply being with me "gets her in trouble", as if she was 100% innocent and the center and I were conspiring against her. And just now, she brings the whole nailcutter/water bottle thing up again after giving a speech about people who are guilty having to lie, and if that isn't insinuating then I don't know what is. I just replied "you know what? Yes. I shot a big bag of meth. And because I am a magician, by ways of magic, I passed the drug test 12 hours later. Fuck you" and I stormed off. Just dropped 1mg Xanax and I'm still pissed.

Guys I really love her. Outside her paranoid delusions she's the sweetest loving caring person and I know she loves me too. But I cannot bear it. One moment she speaks of me as her hero, her one and only man, and the next I'm a monster who just keeps "hurting" her. And if I dare try to explain how she was punished by the program director for her own actions, she starts crying as if I slapped her or something. To her, her delusions are truth even if you present concrete evidence.

I love her so much and I don't want to lose her. But she's driving me nuts. I had this great idea how we would help each other recover and all and the center was all for it. She's smart she's beautiful. But I can't take it... Someone please talk to me... Help me ..

Last edited:
She doesn’t sound stable enough to be in a relationship and it sounds like it is negatively impacting your recovery/integrity. I would not continue with this relationship, I think it would be a disservice to both of you.

Red flags all over the place. Love isn’t the only ingredient needed to keep a relationship moving, healthily and happily. It will be harder than joyful. But, the choice is yours! We all love and learn through experiences. Force be with you.

By the way, the only one who truly gives a fūck that you love your girlfriend is yourself (and will always be so).

I think a reason why I've been putting up with this shit may have something to do with underlying guilt about me having screwed up a couple of relationships before due to my own drug use. So I'm trying to be all heroic telling myself I'm gonna help this girl to atone for all those times I let my past drug use screw over my exes and even mother.

But man I'm barely a year clean... And still prescribed Xanax, Remeron and Ritalin for GAD and ADHD... I'm crazy/mentally ill enough already I don't need MORE mental illness in my life (in the form of a mentally ill GF).

I'm just such a softie :(

the program director whom I have a "no bullshit no lies" deal with.
Why do you have that deal with some rehab guy you don't know but not the woman you've been with for years?
I told him all about her meth use and how I think it may have contributed to paranoia.
after we got back, she tells everyone I left her to SHOOT METH
You're tattling on each other over trivial crap.
Hair salon people were totally on my side
Hair salon people cut and style hair. They don't do couples therapy.

Why do you have that deal with some rehab guy you don't know but not the woman you've been with for years?

I haven't been with her for years; you're assuming. I met her and got with her 6 months ago, a month after she arrived here (transfer from another rehab). I've been an the center for more than a year. In fact I have not been outside of rehab settings since 2016, and spent 2015 in prison.

You're tattling on each other over trivial crap.

My only "tattle" was not trivial; if you have a meth problem in rehab and you tell everyone you've never done it, that defeats the purpose. Yes all her tattles were trivial except the meth one, that would have meant I'd lose my phone, my PC, my cash-in-hand and freedom to go out for a minimum of 1-2 months.

Hair salon people cut and style hair. They don't do couples therapy.

My post was long enough so I didn't wanna bore you the details. What I meant by "they were on my side" is that they simply agreed I was not gone for more than 40 minutes and that she didn't wait a single minute. That's it; I just wanted to second what happened; a witness. But she made a scene so I grabbed her and walked straight outta the mall. I assure you I did not sit in front of the salon asking them to solve the problem, lol. I left straight away.

We called this in prison... captain save a ho. Kind of like that? Been there.

I've been laughed at in prison for a similar issue. It was a big learning experience, 2015. I went in being laughed at and left laughing at people; you know how it goes. Prison attitude is very cynical but in many ways also very practical. Was both a good and a shitty experience for me. Shittiest part though was having to do a whole year then going to court and being pronounced "not guilty". I was happy, but pissed, lol (the country in which I was imprisoned has no bail system till your court date).

Sorry I just woke up and didn't read that right. Well my previous reply still stands (hooray) but I'm TRYING to have such a deal with her. If she has her mind set, even if you present concrete proof (timestamps from calls, etc.) she says you "can fake that stuff". She gets jealous/angry of things as trivial as me touching the Facebook icon on my phone, or even my phone simply RINGING. I'm "talking to girls". And when I unlock the phone and tell her "check for yourself" - she won't. It's weird.

Dude I think this bitch got some serious trauma. And while I previously expressed my interest in being "Captain Save-a-HO" (ty Woamotive for the awesome term); I am now starting to shy away from that decision.

Shit; I may have hurt people before but that doesn't maker her my responsibility, right? But I'm such an idiot sometimes. I just gotta be a total dick. Yeah; that's it. I ain't talkin' to her no more and if she talks to me I'm just gonna be a sarcastic dickhead.

We've heard your side of the story;

I'd be interested to hear hers... ;)

That's funny cause she also accused me of talking to girls on Bluelight. And I told her to join and that it's just an awesome forum with lots of good information from experienced people. Told her since she's a nurse and a drug addict it would be a good place for her to express herself and learn.

Nope. Bluelight is for talking to girls and that's that. I'm right; you're wrong. *has aneurysm*

The finger pointing gets you nowhere, it's a toxic situation. Public arguments and dobbing each other in, it's no good.

Go your seperate ways, maybe you'll meet up at a later point and both be in a better place. At the moment you're both reliant on rehab facilities, drugs and the intervention of other people.

The finger pointing gets you nowhere, it's a toxic situation. Public arguments and dobbing each other in, it's no good.

Go your seperate ways, maybe you'll meet up at a later point and both be in a better place. At the moment you're both reliant on rehab facilities, drugs and the intervention of other people.
When you say it that way; I cannot help but see the sense in your words and the stupidity of my decisions. I agree with you. The only challenge I have to face now is literally living with an ex at the same place; very awkward.