• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"I just don't get you at all"... Personality Clashes, how do you handle them?

Beatlebot said:
Right now I'm working with this girl who disagrees with me about everything.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you're actually living it, it turns out to be a pretty big deal. Like, any small idea or thought I have on a subject or project, she disagrees with me. EVERY single little thing, it's unreal.

"I think he should stand here."
"Oh no, he's definitely got to stand anywhere other than there."

All day, every day, on everything.

It's pathological. I'm sure of it.

I don't know how to deal with it. I'm using humour right now. We can still sit down together and have a conversation. But the amount she disagrees with everythig I say every day is just not normal. Seriously, never before have I encountered someone who pipes up to tell me my ideas are crap so often.
Sounds exactly like my ex-gf.

I'm sure she just disagreed with EVERYTHING I said because she felt the need to have a different opinion. I asked her about it many times but she doesn't realise she does it. I still think it's the just so it looks like she has a different opinion than me, even if she really thought the same thing she felt the need to disagree so her opinion doesn't sound like mine or everyone elses for that matter. Annoying with a capital A.

\
Who is your nemesis? What sort of person can't you stand and who can't stand you.... and do you have to deal with someone like this in your everyday life? If so, how do you handle it?

heh, i used that word on her only a few weeks ago to my other half.

Thank god i only have to see this one on very rare occassions. It's like every time i see them i really wanna grab their head and smother it in the ground, and see them squirm. I've never really had that feeling before, where i actually want to get physically violent with someone. I won't go into much more detail.

Beatlebot said:
Right now I'm working with this girl who disagrees with me about everything.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you're actually living it, it turns out to be a pretty big deal. Like, any small idea or thought I have on a subject or project, she disagrees with me. EVERY single little thing, it's unreal.

"I think he should stand here."
"Oh no, he's definitely got to stand anywhere other than there."

All day, every day, on everything.

It's pathological. I'm sure of it.

I don't know how to deal with it. I'm using humour right now. We can still sit down together and have a conversation. But the amount she disagrees with everythig I say every day is just not normal. Seriously, never before have I encountered someone who pipes up to tell me my ideas are crap so often.
Ohhhh I used to work with a girl like that. Fuck she grated on my nerves something terrible! I'd say right and she'd say left. She was also very demanding too. I tried to be friends with her for awhile because we did have some things in common, but the friendship demanded too much work on my part, and not enough on her part. Basically I was expected to jump when she said jump, and well anyone who knows me well knows that I just won't do that!

People tend to find me "repulsive" because I chip away at their self esteem with my superior intellect until eventually they are reduced to a quivering mass of gelatinous flesh that just eats and defecates while curled up in the fetal position hating life.

doofqueen said:
nice to know seeing as most people seem to hate that i'm here again. Why didn't you answer my last pm before i left then?

It's called sarcasm.
She didn't really miss you.

I'm just talking shit, she might have missed you, but it'd be funnier if she just said that to lower your defenses before destroying you.

sorry to be one of those annoying people samadhi - but i believe the expression is "to cut one's nose off DEspite their face"
=D=D=D=D
ooh he's a cheeky bugger innt he?

hahaha

-=DLouD247=D-

loud247 said:
sorry to be one of those annoying people samadhi - but i believe the expression is "to cut one's nose off DEspite their face"
=D=D=D=D
ooh he's a cheeky bugger innt he?

hahaha

-=DLouD247=D-

actually, i think you'll find that i'm correct:)

Cutting off the nose to spite the face is an expression used to describe a needlessly spiteful or self-destructive overreaction to a problem. "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning not to act out of pique or pursue revenge in such a way as to damage yourself more than the object of your anger.

The phrase is believed to have originated from an event in AD 867, when Viking pirates from Sjaelland and Uppsala landed in Scotland and raided the monastery of Coldingham. When news of the raid reached Aebbe the Younger, the Mother Superior, she gathered her nuns together and urged them to disfigure themselves, that they might be unappealing to the Vikings. In this way, they hoped to protect their chastity. St. Aebbe accomplished this by cutting off her nose and upper lip. The nuns proceeded to do the same. The Viking raiders were so disgusted by the scene that they burned the entire building to the ground.

Although the nuns believed their actions to be justified (indeed, Aebbe was canonized), the expression has since come to refer to pointlessly self-destructive actions motivated purely by malevolence. For example, if a man is mad at his wife, he may burn down their house to punish her. Of course, this would be an example of cutting off his nose to spite his face, as in the process of burning down her house he would also be destroying his home, along with all his personal possessions.

An example from history is the Embargo Act of 1807, passed by the United States Congress to protest British and French interference in U.S. shipping. The act had the side-effect of prohibiting nearly all U.S. exports and most imports, greatly disrupting the U.S. economy.

Since the advice contained in "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is good, it's not surprising that similar proverbs have been popular in other languages and cultures, including the Chinese "Do not burn down your own house even to annoy your wife's mother."

It is closely related to the "appeal to spite" logical fallacy.

This entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (see full disclaimer)

link

MoeBro said:
It's called sarcasm.
She didn't really miss you.

I'm just talking shit, she might have missed you, but it'd be funnier if she just said that to lower your defenses before destroying you.

Or to get you to lower your defenses so you'd say that and then you could be the one destroyed! ;)

I resent people who impose themselves on me. I'm a live and let live person...

I hate ignorant, arrogant and 'exclusive' people - in my friendship group of which there are around 25 people, i like about 8 of them - then there are some that dont understand things, yet who think they do - these people are narrowminded, and only see one way to live. They dont talk to anyone else because 'no one else would understand them' and in general, they are 'way too cool'

its horrible, i just want people to get over themselves and actually get out there and live life instead of being tied down and restricted by their upbringing.