• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually am getting an Ancilius Alvarius very soon, 1-2 weeks. The proper taxonomy is nice unless noone else would know what I was talking about...which very likely would have been the case here...probably. on

To get high on the Waxy Monkey Frogs, they are skinned, the skins are dried and a snuff is made from the skins.
I checked into that, but it would have been financially non-viable to have buy or breed/raise dozens of frogs to skin and snort the powde3r.

This toad is a renewable resource.

Most of this negative crap I'm getting isn't for keeping the toad, but for harvesting it's vemon.
The thing about it is, it's not much more invasive to coax the toad into releasing some venom with a little sqeeze than it is to pick up and handle any pet.
You see people with a snake around their neck, parrot on their shoulder...
People bathe/groom, dock tails, crop ears, tattoo , snip dew claws...etc, etc...etc, and those things are every bit or more stressful as what I'm going to do to Frank...:p

Last edited:
I think there is something a bit disturbing about keeping an animal in captivity to harvest a drug that can be pretty easily sourced elsewhere. Its unneccesary.

It sounds like you are going to treat frank well, but you shouldn't be surprised or angry that people, on a public internet forum, are going assume you are after their opinions (given the forum in which you raised this) and that some of these opinions are going to be negative towards your idea. After all, your OP mentioned nothing about how you plan to treat frank or that you had any experience with looking after such animals. Your subsequent posts indicate that you are going to responsible, which is great and I will be interested in how this goes for you. I just disagree with the value system leading to this purchase but that's just me.

I think there is something a bit disturbing about keeping an animal in captivity to harvest a drug that can be pretty easily sourced elsewhere. Its unneccesary.

First, I personally would have absolutely no idea how to get 5 meo dmt outside of getting the toad. Neither would anyone I know. So I'm not sure what you mean by easily sourced. Second, I think there's some value in getting drugs from their natural sources. It lends more weight to the trips and it can be a rewarding experience. It sounds like the OP has two intersecting interests here, reptiles/amphibians and drugs. Who are you to tell him not to indulge in combining those hobbies?

Yeah i mean, it's not like you are going to harvest his venom and then for the sake of science, you Inject Frank with his own venom to determine the effects of something his own body produces entering his blood stream. Call your Lab Notes 5-meo-dmt in CNS Reptile Model 1a:Frank.

That would just be cruel. And Fascinating.

First, I personally would have absolutely no idea how to get 5 meo dmt outside of getting the toad. Neither would anyone I know. So I'm not sure what you mean by easily sourced. Second, I think there's some value in getting drugs from their natural sources. It lends more weight to the trips and it can be a rewarding experience. It sounds like the OP has two intersecting interests here, reptiles/amphibians and drugs. Who are you to tell him not to indulge in combining those hobbies?

Ok, perhaps easily sourced elsewhere is an overstatement, but I still don't think its that difficult.

And I'm not saying for him to not pursue his hobby- he is more then welcome too, and it does sound like he knows what he is doing; I'm just expressing my own opinion of it. Perhaps unneccesarily. :)

All joking aside, I do know what I'm doing, where Frank is concerned.

I did try, unsuccessfully, to find 5-MeO-DMT in it's pure form.

I wasn't prepared for the backlash following the OP.

I will keep those interested informed of Franks and my status concerning venom collection and use.

I love reading the threads the OP has generated, good and bad, but...

I will not quit being a smart ass...it's too much fun %)

Last edited:
To get high on the Waxy Monkey Frogs, they are skinned, the skins are dried and a snuff is made from the skins.
I checked into that, but it would have been financially non-viable to have buy or breed/raise dozens of frogs to skin and snort the powde3r.

not entirely true, but then again the non harmful method isn't mush of a high... I have another frog named kambo (named after the monkey frog rituals of the amazon)

Yeah i mean, it's not like you are going to harvest his venom and then for the sake of science, you Inject Frank with his own venom to determine the effects of something his own body produces entering his blood stream. Call your Lab Notes 5-meo-dmt in CNS Reptile Model 1a:Frank.

That would just be cruel. And Fascinating.

That is precisely what I intend to do, only It will be: 5-meo-dmt in CNS amphibian Model 1a:Frank.....mwahahahaha

I just now noticed that not one person has fessed-up to owning a toad...because, the guy I got mine from said "they were flying off the shelf", so to speak.
Yet nobody has owned up to ownership...hmmmmm
Could it be that the other toad keepers out there (and I know you're out there) are afraid of persecution and ridcule for having the audacity to cage one of natures creatures, and unlike me, they have stayed silent so as not to incur the ire of the "civilized people"...? I wonder...

I know that there must be another uncivilized, misguided misanthrope out there...c'mon man, SPEAK UP!

But we can all agree that no-one should ever try to get high on baboon chest hair and that's the main thing.

But we can all agree that no-one should ever try to get high on baboon chest hair and that's the main thing.

Besides, the ass hair is more potent, but rare to find. I heared the baboons pluck them and chew on them themselves; that's why their asses are always bald.

I wasn't prepared for the backlash following the OP.
Sorry - but what backlash?
The only backlash I are is you utterly misconstruing the first response you got - which was nothing more than a reasonable statement on the ethics involved.
this has been a controversial subject in the past and for good reason. its morally questionable at best to keep a toad confined for purposes of harvesting its venom to get high.

Well Roger, what is or is not morally reprenhesible is a judgement call, IMO.
Do you eat beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish?...ever seen the inside of a slaughter house?
Do you drive a car? heat your house?...ever seen what an oil slick does to a Pelican.
Quit driving and quit eating or quit giving me your do goody good bullshit.
Your defensiveness in response seems so out of proportion that I get the impression you did anticipate "backlash". You brought the expression morally reprehensible into the discussion....nobody else.
Perhaps I'm wrong.
When people refer to animal welfare as "goody-goody bullshit", it is well worth questioning that person's ethics and motives, generally. How are people on a forum supposed to know you are joking?
There are all kinds of people out there - how are we to know where your head/heart is at?
Nice to hear that you apparently do have experience in keeping and caring for amphibian creatures - but people's hearts are certainly in the right place for asking.
Sekio's response gave me a giggle - as well as being informative - but brushing off people's concern with such sardonic retorts is a little unnecessary, I reckon. You may feel otherwise.

People just wanted to ensure you respect the toad, you dig? No harm in that is there?

Well, since I didn't ask for opinions, i asked if anyone else had a toad, I wasn't anticipating backlash...if I had asked what people thought of my owning a toad then your statement might have some validity, but I didn't so it doesn't.

Yeah but you posted on a public forum. You shouldn't be shocked that people expressed their opinion.

Splitting hairs, dude.
You can't dictate how discussion will flow. People will offer opinions if they have them; if you don't want to hear them, don't disclose things you don't want people's opinions about.
It's the nature of discussion, I'm afraid - whether you think it has 'validity' or not.
Nobody is giving you a hard time, so let it go.
Unless you have reason to be defensive - say, torturing a harmless creature for drug kicks - you have no reason to act persecuted, so don't worry about it.
People care about the welfare of your Bufo Alvarius - that's a good thing man, don't stress.

On the same token, people shouldn't be "shocked" at my responses, nothing that was said actually pissed me off except the two or three people, you included Junk, that I was hoping for backlash, which is tantamount to saying that I was trolling, which was an insult.
As for the other responses, they just make for an interesting discussion. I am still waiting for another toad owner to come forward, but in light of all the flak, I don't see that happening...if there even is one out there.

So if we can dish it out we should be more willing to take it, that goes for me as well as everyone else.

In the spirit of comradery, let the shit fly where it may.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.