• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
Well the title pretty much says it.
I am just looking for some input from someone who has one or has had one.

this has been a controversial subject in the past and for good reason. its morally questionable at best to keep a toad confined for purposes of harvesting its venom to get high.

this has been a controversial subject in the past and for good reason. its morally questionable at best to keep a toad confined for purposes of harvesting its venom to get high.

Well Roger, what is or is not morally reprenhesible is a judgement call, IMO.
Do you eat beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish?...ever seen the inside of a slaughter house?
Do you drive a car? heat your house?...ever seen what an oil slick does to a Pelican.
Quit driving and quit eating or quit giving me your do goody good bullshit.

As long as you treat the thing like you would a pet frog (you know, humanely), while still a questionable thing, I agree with you that it pales in comparison to things we take for granted.

My 2c.

I'm pretty morally relaxed on the issue of having a pet toad and using it to get high, and now I'm intrigued lol.

Question...does the DMT source in the Bufo Alvarius toad include any MAOs or SSRIs or anything that mimic the effects of either?

If not, and it's just straight DMT, I'm good to go haha.

I don't think the venom contains any DMT, just bufotenin and 5-MeO-DMT.

"So what'd you get up to on the weekend bro?"

"Ahh not much, just gave my toad a lick"

Make sure to treat him well. I think having a toad as a pet is a great idea if you're an amphibian kind of person.

Get a big tank, a T-37 or something. M1A1 Abrams is actually preferable these days, althouh I know a few guys who let their toads drive Panzerkampfwagens. Seriously though, living room is important. If you give him a nice big environment to play in, and generally take care and interesrt in 'em, he or she will be your interesting froggy (toady) pal.

If you're keeping a bufo in a box for venom extraction and no other reason, shame on you. Amphibians are too cool to be used as cattle (chattel?), like chickens or cows. Let them do their froggy business, and they'll let you do your human stuff. Frog farmers: I hope someone crams you in a box and drains your gall bladder every few months with a metal lance to make fake bear bile.

Like Roger&Me said, it is controversial. I can see both sides to this argument. Once you look at it through open eyes you realize it gets bad press for two reasons. Drugs and animals. Human use of either is controversial. This special toad has them both. Humans have been harvesting plants and animals for thousands of years. Using animals for renewable resources or compounds can range from wool from sheep to life saving compounds from horseshoe crab. Again, the toad gets you high, this changes things. Keep this thread updated Op. Plz.

Guys, guys, relax, i bought a nice little cottage in the Hamptons and we're going there to live.
He'll have a big backyard and lots of toad friends, who'll come over and play.
On his birthday i'll let him stay home from school and later that day all his little froggy friends will come to the house and Jules...our butler...will serve them all ice cream and cake and he'll open presents and........
Horseshit...i've kept herps for over 10 years...cobras, puff adders, gaboon vipers and a myriad of other shit...i used to work at the OKC zoo for Christsakes...relax.
Besides, i'm not gonna milk him anyway...I'm gonna throw him in a blender and do an extraction to get the drugs...he won't feel a thing.

I wouldn't support mistreating any animal, for the record.

I meant that if one owned the animal and treated it with respect as a pet, I wouldn't see what would be so wrong with using it's glands, so long as it doesn't actually hurt or injure the animal to do so, that is.

I think they'd probably be pretty cool to have around as an exotic pet.

Is Bufotine really worth it? I thought it just felt like being poisoned combined with having a headache "as if an elephant was sitting on your forehead".

Question...does the DMT source in the Bufo Alvarius toad include any MAOs or SSRIs or anything that mimic the effects of either?

If not, and it's just straight DMT, I'm good to go haha.

I don't think the venom contains any DMT, just bufotenin and 5-MeO-DMT.

Is Bufotine really worth it? I thought it just felt like being poisoned combined with having a headache "as if an elephant was sitting on your forehead".

Let's clear up this mess ;)

Bufo Alvarius' venom contains no appreciable amount of n,n-dmt.

Bufo Alvarius' venom also contains about 100x more 5-meo-dmt than bufotenin.

So if you smoke the venom, it's gonna be 99% 5-meo-dmt, a negligible 1% bufotenin and 0% n,n-dmt.

I thought toad venom was mostly bufotenine, not 5-meo-dmt. Maybe it depends on the variety.

Either way, make sure you use low fat soy milk when you make a frog smoothie. The cow milk doesn't taste as good.

If you manage to keep him around as your best friend for however long Toads live for.
All while milking him and enjoying his venom. At the Time of his passing you could gut him, skin him.
Dry the skins and snort them afterwards, probably for a buzz.

And get like a 35 dollar a plate French Cuisine dinner out of the whole thing. Job well done.

I thought toad venom was mostly bufotenine, not 5-meo-dmt. Maybe it depends on the variety.

Either way, make sure you use low fat soy milk when you make a frog smoothie. The cow milk doesn't taste as good.

Yeah, most of the info I found-Erowid et al-listed the ratio of bufotenin/5-MeO-DMT as 1/4 MOL.

As a matter of fact I do use low fat soy milk for my toad smothies due to lactose intolerance...toads tend to be very lactose intolerant, IME.

Status
Not open for further replies.